Nerf Mantra Mesmers and Revenants

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:I just fought against a double mantra mesmer, double rev duo.

There are:
  1. No animations to dodge
  2. 17 different targets on my screen
  3. They can be at 3 points simultaneously
  4. If I stop dodging I get one-shot
  5. I'm perma revealed and all of their attacks are unblockable
  6. Stability gets instantly stripped and if you don't die you can't cast any skills because of the cc chains and constant interrupts
  7. You can't run away from them
  8. No-port spots are useless

Mantras should not exist and both builds/classes both need huge damage nerfs and reworks. Matches like these are actually unplayable. There are no ways to fight against builds/comps like these and they do not require any skill to play. Unlike sic em longbow soulbeasts, there are no tells for the damage and you can't defend yourself with line of sight and terrain.

QQ T-T L2P

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I fought a team with double mantra mesmer yesterday and absolutely could not participate in the fight. In the very literal sense. I could not use my skills, I was constantly dazed/stunned. There was no tell, not only is it instant this is compounded by initiating from stealth. If I stopped evading, dead, instantly. Not in a second, not in a half second, instantly or at least in about 250ms which might as well be instantly.

I get the nerf threads on Soulbeast and Holosmith but why has no one made a thread on this until now? I feel like it's pretty broken. I wont even address Revenant, there are already threads on that mess.Defending sic em oneshot but getting farmed by power mesmer. Learn to dodge/block/invul/los now baby@shadowpass.4236I dont even know, 2 rev/2 power mesmers comps must be banned? Is that what your post about?

I am not sure 2 Mesmer and 2 rev even manage to win (assuming equal skill). If the opponent team has and FB, scourge, SB and whatever, the 2 Mesmer and 2 rev team will be obliterated.

@shadowpass.4236 said:I just fought against a double mantra mesmer, double rev duo.

There are:
  6. Stability gets instantly stripped and if you don't die you can't cast any skills because of the cc chains and constant interrupts

Mantras should not exist and both builds/classes both need huge damage nerfs and reworks. Matches like these are actually unplayable. There are no ways to fight against builds/comps like these and they do not require any skill to play. Unlike sic em longbow soulbeasts, there are no tells for the damage and you can't defend yourself with line of sight and terrain.

QQ T-T L2P

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I fought a team with double mantra mesmer yesterday and absolutely could not participate in the fight. In the very literal sense. I could not use my skills, I was constantly dazed/stunned. There was no tell, not only is it instant this is compounded by initiating from stealth. If I stopped evading, dead, instantly. Not in a second, not in a half second, instantly or at least in about 250ms which might as well be instantly.

I get the nerf threads on Soulbeast and Holosmith but why has no one made a thread on this until now? I feel like it's pretty broken. I wont even address Revenant, there are already threads on that mess.Defending sic em oneshot but getting farmed by power mesmer. Learn to dodge/block/invul/los now baby@shadowpass.4236I dont even know, 2 rev/2 power mesmers comps must be banned? Is that what your post about?

I am not sure 2 Mesmer and 2 rev even manage to win (assuming equal skill). If the opponent team has and FB, scourge, SB and whatever, the 2 Mesmer and 2 rev team will be obliterated.

If enemy team runs a necro against double mantra Mesmer and double rev in a random Rank game they are 100% throwing. That's free food for the mantra mesmers.

Necros without firebrand are free food for everyone.

even with a free firebrand that's a cancer match up for the necro.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zoopop.5630 said:

There are:

QQ T-T L2P

There are:

QQ T-T L2P

If enemy team runs a necro against double mantra Mesmer and double rev in a random Rank game they are 100% throwing. That's free food for the mantra mesmers.

Necros without firebrand are free food for everyone.

even with a free firebrand that's a cancer match up for the necro.

Any conditions taken means disengage/death.

@praqtos.9035 said:

The mirage doesn't need any of those defenses because the burst will hit 100% of the time if they aren't a potato and can time instant cast ccs. They don't even need the mantras to set up the burst. Blink + Diversion with Confounding Suggestions is effectively an instant 1200 range stun that can be used WHILST simultaneously casting gs2.I'm not going to argue this point any further.Running berserk build with no safe-nets and just 2 evades = dont need any defense?Almost 7 years mesmer do the same over and over and people still cant learn... If they rework completely GS and give mesmer a new(viable) way to play that would be great tho.Why you made a thread and crying about POWER mesmer if you dont want to argue ?:DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oo5b1hQ.png?1

lol this is my second time playing power mirage and I went 26-0 with 40% of the team's damage cause the bursts are so easy to land

in a 12 min 30 second match that means I was getting roughly one kill every 27 seconds

"dont need any defense" 4Head OmegaLULUnranked arena 4head OmegaLUL

Where do you think I fought the mantra mesmers? Ranked. They farmed my pugs there so just cause
you
can't time your bursts doesn't mean other people can't.

It's actually ez mode lmaoHow to prove somethign : go unranked, farm some noobs, claim that what you are played is "absolutely busted" . Ok.

The mirage doesn't need any of those defenses because the burst will hit 100% of the time if they aren't a potato and can time instant cast ccs. They don't even need the mantras to set up the burst. Blink + Diversion with Confounding Suggestions is effectively an instant 1200 range stun that can be used WHILST simultaneously casting gs2.I'm not going to argue this point any further.Running berserk build with no safe-nets and just 2 evades = dont need any defense?Almost 7 years mesmer do the same over and over and people still cant learn... If they rework completely GS and give mesmer a new(viable) way to play that would be great tho.Why you made a thread and crying about POWER mesmer if you dont want to argue ?:DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oo5b1hQ.png?1

lol this is my second time playing this berserker power mirage build and I went 26-0 with 40% of the team's damage cause the bursts are so easy to land

in a 12 min 30 second match that means I was getting roughly one kill every 27 seconds

"dont need any defense" 4Head OmegaLUL

Yep, mesmer is still very very very OP. I believe they will be nerfed next patch, don't worry!

Easier solution would be to stop class stacking of any form in competitive game modes that would balance alot of this "oh i get locked down by xxxx, and then the other xxxx one shots me. One of any class in general is a good place to start from. Seeing as the op is complaining about duo classes.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:

No need to be nervous about it.Here is one video, skip to 1:10 for mesmer gameplay in PvP. You can clearly see that he owns everything. Pretty OP and it is extremely easy to play. He doesn't put much effort into any of the fights...

Sorry bro, mesmer is still a monster !

The highest rating Shorts ever finished a season on despite being a mesmer main was with Spellbreaker after a couple of weeks after playing the build the first time. That was season 14 or 15 I believe.

Shorts finished last season at 51 playing Power Mesmer. And there were a whooooole lot more Spellbreakers, Holosmiths, Revenants and Rangers than mesmers who finished above him than I can identify.

I havent said anything about shorts, I dont even know the guy. There are better mesmers than him and top 250 was full of mesmers ever since PoF...

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:

No need to be nervous about it.Here is one video, skip to 1:10 for mesmer gameplay in PvP. You can clearly see that he owns everything. Pretty OP and it is extremely easy to play. He doesn't put much effort into any of the fights...

The highest rating Shorts ever finished a season on despite being a mesmer main was with Spellbreaker after a couple of weeks after playing the build the first time. That was season 14 or 15 I believe.

Shorts finished last season at 51 playing Power Mesmer. And there were a whooooole lot more Spellbreakers, Holosmiths, Revenants and Rangers than mesmers who finished above him than I can identify.

I havent said anything about shorts, I dont even know the guy. There are better mesmers than him and top 250 was full of mesmers ever since PoF...

We are not just talking about after PoF. We are talking about right now, the current situation. In less than 2 months PoF will be 2 years old already. I would say its very hard to argue that Shorts isn't one of the best PvP players at mesmer in the game. Everyone here is just grasping at straws by now.

@Xstein.2187 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:

We are not just talking about after PoF. We are talking about right now, the current situation. In less than 2 months PoF will be 2 years old already. I would say its very hard to argue that Shorts isn't one of the best PvP players at mesmer in the game.

He might be, but I've seen better.

I said quite a long time ago that 'Lost Time' should be nerfed as it is the one trait that allows for 1 shots and a lack of counter play, particularly with mantras even though mantras themselves aren't the problem.However, besides this, power mesmer needs to be buffed, a LOT of other classes and builds need to be nerfed to bring them into line with each other, or a mixture of the two needs to take place. However, realistically, a big mesmer overall needs to occur first as there are a lot of worthless traits in the mesmer trait lines and the class as a whole (not talking about balance) is in a pitiful state when compared retrospectively. Additionally, there are a lot of mesmer core traits that are objectively not balanced fairly compared to other classes.

Yes, it is possible to buff power mesmer while nerfing burst potential.What a surprise, I know!

Besides this, if you still have problem with power mes, than it is on you, as there is room for counter play.There is evidence for this on the leaderboards and tournaments.

Still don't like fighting against mesmer?Who cares, you will never like fighting against every class to play against and just because you don't like fighting it, doesn't mean it is OP.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:

I havent said anything about shorts,You linked one of his videos. As relevant or irrelevant as that video is, Shorts performing far higher the season he swapped to Spellbreaker instead of Mesmer is more important than any montage video could ever be, hence why I bring him up very specifically.

I dont even know the guy.

Can anyone in this world truly say they know another person?

There are better mesmers than him and top 250 was full of mesmers ever since PoF...

I can count one mesmer main above him in the top 250 last season, and that was Countless at 27.

I can count farm more spellbreaker, Herald, Holo, and Ranger mains than Mesmer across the top 250. A lot more, like 5 times more.

Mesmers aren't dominating ranked any more EU or NA by any stretch of the imagination. Simple as that. Power is doing okay in platinum and top 250 on NA but as a whole mesmer is on the lower end of representation as best as I can tell without the actual data Arenanet has.

The whole thread was opened because of the soulbeast thread, it is pure saltiness to be honest and you should not bother with it much.

You wouldn't survive any 2 burst classes if they know what they are doing "by know what they are doing I mean knows how to deal damage" lol

And definitely you wouldn't survive soulbeasts damage, in before "LOS" you can do that to power mesmer as well.

Go ahead delete mantra of pain, not interesting skill anyway, kill it so we have less options to choose from as usual then mesmers will definitely pick the least worse skills from the skills and then we will have someone else to whine, by now I think some people are familiar with who those people are :)

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:

We are not just talking about after PoF. We are talking about right now, the current situation. In less than 2 months PoF will be 2 years old already. I would say its very hard to argue that Shorts isn't one of the best PvP players at mesmer in the game.

He might be, but I've seen better.

As Powermesmer rotationally he is average at best, i saw so many bad and not optimal rotations in his videos made me cringe a lot. It looks better in terms of mechanics and kiting. Here i would rate him good but not very good. He was better with Condimesmer tbh, also because the rotations on a side node duelclass are easier than with a rotational dmg class. All in all decent but thats it. The usual Youtube viewer only gets a bit too excited about low effort oneshots with big dmg numberes, at least that is my guess why he is hyped that much.

Posting a video with mostly pre nerf Condimesmer footage and pointing out situation where he is literally just freecasting on Powerchrono on already pressured targets, throwing some gravitiy wells also doesn't rly help the discussion and says nothing about how easy or broken Powermesmer is. Also i mentioned already: Powermes always was a good noobkiller. And OP already proved that you can do a lot of dmg and get kills without being experienced on Powermesmer when they let you freecast all match and are not able to dodge the most obvious bursts.

In terms of balance for Powermesmer i mainly would point at CI, Lost Time and Mantra of Pain, because all of them give too much reward for how easy they are too use. But as also mentioned from mesmer mains, there are really bigger problems on meta builds than Lost Time and Mantra of Pain, which need to be fixed first. Meanwhile CI i see becoming a big problem in the current state of meta already, no matter that viquing will jump on me for saying that.

@Xstein.2187 said:I said quite a long time ago that 'Lost Time' should be nerfed as it is the one trait that allows for 1 shots and a lack of counter play, particularly with mantras even though mantras themselves aren't the problem.However, besides this, power mesmer needs to be buffed, a LOT of other classes and builds need to be nerfed to bring them into line with each other, or a mixture of the two needs to take place. However, realistically, a big mesmer overall needs to occur first as there are a lot of worthless traits in the mesmer trait lines and the class as a whole (not talking about balance) is in a pitiful state when compared retrospectively. Additionally, there are a lot of mesmer core traits that are objectively not balanced fairly compared to other classes.

Yes, it is possible to buff power mesmer while nerfing burst potential.What a surprise, I know!

Besides this, if you still have problem with power mes, than it is on you, as there is room for counter play.There is evidence for this on the leaderboards and tournaments.

Still don't like fighting against mesmer?Who cares, you will never like fighting against every class to play against and just because you don't like fighting it, doesn't mean it is OP.

Hell no, pls don't buff anything in this power creeped game. Just as every unused skill, underperforming builds might get viable already by just nerfing the broken things on meta builds.Everything needs to get turned down. EVERYTHING! Power creep and sustain creep need to be reduced remarkable all over the board. Lets wait with any buffs after that, also it probably will never happen because Anet...

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:

I havent said anything about shorts,You linked one of his videos. As relevant or irrelevant as that video is, Shorts performing far higher the season he swapped to Spellbreaker instead of Mesmer is more important than any montage video could ever be, hence why I bring him up very specifically.

I dont even know the guy.

Can anyone in this world truly say they know another person?

There are better mesmers than him and top 250 was full of mesmers ever since PoF...

I can count one mesmer main above him in the top 250 last season, and that was Countless at 27.

I can count farm more spellbreaker, Herald, Holo, and Ranger mains than Mesmer across the top 250. A lot more, like 5 times more.

Mesmers aren't dominating ranked any more EU or NA by any stretch of the imagination. Simple as that. Power is doing okay in platinum and top 250 on NA but as a whole mesmer is on the lower end of representation as best as I can tell without the actual data Arenanet has.

Let's count them together, because either your math or mine is wrong.

TOP 250 all professions, let us see how many mesmers we have compared to the rest of the professions, with raw numbers.

If you know the mesmer is there power shatters aren't hard to dodge. The only damage worth a damn as a follow up is phantams after blowing a ton of cooldowns just to set it up.

Every build that isn't a mesmer, ele, or thief can pretty much shrug off most of the damage a power mesmer can put out that isn't a shatter or a phantasm.

There were times when I would literally just chill and dodge shatter attempts. You can literally feel the impact timing, and with such a specific stealth duration they have little wiggle room, and an extension means they are wasting almost any possibility to escape or try again.

Mirror blade being a key part of the combo has a 3/4 wind up without quickness, even with quickness this should give you more than enough info to play around it.

If you get blindsided in a team fight or Xv1 that isn't the combo/build/what have you, being OP. That is you getting +1ed. Same out come with any other burst, and some of them hit for more and are safer.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:

So we're posting lies in an attempt to win arguments now? Or is it just ignorance? Either way: Good job you do a disservice to critical thought, but I guess that's par for the course in 2019. I'm guessing you never really payed attention to 250 stats between seasons 10 - 14 (highlighting before to many big mes nerfs) or are being willfully ignorant that some of the condi mes (you know the actually problematic spec) only made higher ranks with other classes.

Also Shorts is fast, precise, and lands very cleanly consistently and has great positioning which is why he's one of the best. However, even his power shatters aren't that hard to avoid head to head if you know what you are doing, and have felt the timing out. That is not to besmirch Shorts or anything, that is simply a feature of power shatter.

@"bravan.3876" said:Hell no, pls don't buff anything in this power creeped game. Just as every unused skill, underperforming builds might get viable already by just nerfing the broken things on meta builds.Everything needs to get turned down. EVERYTHING! Power creep and sustain creep need to be reduced remarkable all over the board. Lets wait with any buffs after that, also it probably will never happen because Anet...

I tried to be "open" in my post to allow for variety since mesmer is in a complicated situation right now. That's why I didn't exclusively mention one or the other.For example, "Critical Infusions" is at 3 sec on crit right now and is a core trait.In order to keep things fair (if you didn't want to buff the trait), both elementalist's 'Renewing Stamina' and guardian's 'Vigorous Precision' would have to be nerfed down to 3 seconds as well. However, all of 3 of these are core trait lines that were at 5 seconds before any expansion even came out. Disclaimer: this is just an example among many!

The problem is that the devs nerfed mesmer core trait lines to begin with instead of the elites.

You could nerf many other core traitlines in the game of other classes to keep things fair.However, the devs would then need to even more massively nerf the elites (relative to how much they already should be nerfed right now) to the point of entire reworks to keep core builds from not being even more overshadowed by elite specs than they already all.Though this may sound good, HUGE reworks like this in reality are likely quite quixotic.

Reverting nerfs (aka buffing) to core traits that should never have been nerfed in the first place (should have been elites) is just a much easier and practical way to help mend this situation IMO.

See @"Lincolnbeard s answer just above for another example.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:

Mesmer is kind of a weird role. Its dueling potential is there but it can't stay on point that well. Power Mesmer in particular is a plusser but also a teamfighter--is kinda of a wobbly role. The difficulty of rotations with Power Mesmer is to the extreme.

Mesmer has already been nerfed in core traitlines already and some of you in this thread want more? L2p issue. Did you guys know the dodge button exist? Blocks exist too. I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to hypothesise when a mesmer is about to do it's combo. You guys have eyes don't you? So I'm pretty sure you'd be able to see them start their burst. Stop trying to make mesmer as useless as thief. It needs some way to at least make a dent in the meta. One last thing is that you must be pretty bad if you die to a cookie cutter build like a mesmer.

@Heartpains.7312 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:If you want to nerf the burst you need to buff the sustain damage immensely. Power mes sustain damage is absolute trash.

Problem is you know, even if we get sustain damage, then we have the survival ability thing that got worse by the nerfs which is why when we want to play power it is best to just go full berserk xD

This is also true, good sustain damage without good sustain is worth nothing.