Nerf Predictions for Thief

Crab Fear.1624

@Aihao.5824 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:It might be unpopular but if ANet were to do a meaningful nerf to the thief, this would be a nerf to the bursty stealth attacks from riffle and dagger, replacing the extra damage by some conditions/boons/CCs. Something like:
  • Backstab/malicious backstab:
    Back damage are no longer higher than front damage, instead you daze your target for 1 second and apply 5 stack of vulnerability for 8 seconds if you attack from stealth.
  • Death judgement:
    reduced damage by 50%, now you also stun and corrupt up to 5 boons into chill (2s) on your target.

That said, they can also continue on their trend with some ridiculous yet vicious nerfs like:
  • We felt that the thief had a bit to much access to stealth, thus we decided to change
    black powder
    so that it now leave a dark field instead of a smoke field.
  • Thiefs traps are pretty unique in both effects and form, after carefully pondering on the pro and cons we decided to give them their own unique category: thiefs
    traps
    are now
    booby traps

have u ever played DE to tell smth like that? Better u asked for deleting this spec than redesignin it in such way.

So in short, for you, DE only exist because it can 100-0 another player from 1200-1500 range while stealthed with a single skill use? If it's really the case yes they can delete it since it's not really an healthy gameplay. On another hand if you change the stealth attack in such a way that it create opportunity for you and your team, it's a lot more tactical use of skill and thus a lot more healthy for the game.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Daggerstorm will only have a 1/2s evade, one spin per ammo, 3 ammos, 30s ammo CD, 3s skill CD, applies swiftness.

As it should have been from the beginning.

Doesn't sound like nerf to me

It is an evade time nerf, which is what everyone is complaining about. But yes, to most of us, this is not a hard nerf.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Daggerstorm will only have a 1/2s evade, one spin per ammo, 3 ammos, 30s ammo CD, 3s skill CD, applies swiftness.

I'd actually really enjoy this version of daggerstorm, as long as it reflected for the 1/2 second as well still you could even remove the damage (or make it a one shot per cast fan of bouncy knives sort of thing) and I'd be fine with that. Would make for some fun plays.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I'd actually really enjoy this version of daggerstorm, as long as it reflected for the 1/2 second as well still you could even remove the damage (or make it a one shot per cast fan of bouncy knives sort of thing) and I'd be fine with that. Would make for some fun plays.

as long as the projectile reflection is still applied the whole time i am okay with this as well with one changeEvade frame is 1,5 sec not 0,5 sec at least half of the duration should be evade since DS is a safe heaven you cast when you reset

@Lightsbane.9012 said:

@Warkind.6745 said:Acro nerfs to make elite specializations look more appealing.

no, stop it. right now.

Well its realistic. In the past when a trait is good and useful arenet figures the trait overshadows the other so what they do is nerf the few remaining useful traits and state that now the useless ones are now more viable. No wonder so many traits and skills are useless at this point. It's far easier to go this route than actually figure out if the useful trait is just that and the others are just garbage and bring them up to be competitive without over buffing them.

I'm gonna call a nerf to s/d w/ infiltrators strike. nerfed to 600 range and a CD on the return of 10 seconds. Shortbow 5 will see a reduction in projectile speed to help "curb" thief mobility. Improv will no longer have a change to recharge elite skills & Daggerstorm will no longer evade and instead grant a stack of stability to help other elites compete. Staff has too much weakness application so weakening strikes now has an ICD of 10 seconds. Pistol 2's immob has and its duration increased by .25 seconds. Pistol 3 w/o a weapon has had its damage increased by 5%.

Directly from the upcoming patchnotes:

"Basilisk Venom: This skill recently has dropped behind Dagger Storm in terms of popularity. For more build diversity we decided to make it slightly stronger. It now stuns the target for 2 seconds on hit and uses the ammunition mechanic with 3 charges at a 20 second cooldown. The cast time has been removed."

/healthy teef balancing like it has always been - no.1 fun to play against class!

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Damage, conditions, and reflect would not change. The change will only affect that perimeters mentioned.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Warkind.6745 said:Acro nerfs to make elite specializations look more appealing.

no, stop it. right now.

Well its realistic. In the past when a trait is good and useful arenet figures the trait overshadows the other so what they do is nerf the few remaining useful traits and state that now the useless ones are now more viable. No wonder so many traits and skills are useless at this point. It's far easier to go this route than actually figure out if the useful trait is just that and the others are just garbage and bring them up to be competitive without over buffing them.

if they nerf acrobatics in any way shape or form, they would basically diminish the usefulness of the most useful trait line thief has. core traitlines don't need to be touched, at least in my opinion.