My DPS/Healer build for PvE and maybe WvW

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

I have returned to the game and I have been wanting to make a soldier class for some time. I chose Guardian as it more flexible class out of the game form what I heard. What I was trying to do is make my build focuses on side healing. Basically, I want to still able to deal out good damages while also healing allies around me without sacrificing my DPS. I don't know much about this profession so what I came up with might not be what I was trying to aim for. So, some thoughts about my build would very much apricated.

To make it short: You won't be able to be good at anything. The build has some synergy but doesn't make a whole lot of sense.A bit more detail: You have not really much condition duration so none of you contions lasts longer than 4 seconds. This means that you can't stack any condition high enough to deal good damage. Your low condition damage doesn't help with this either. You get maybe 2k - 4k damage out of the burns. That's nothing.You only have 8% boon duration. That's not even a second longer for most boons you provide so why even bother with boon duration at all? The rune choice doesn't help either. What will do 5 stacks of might for you? Your build doesn't generate much might. So a few stacks here and there won't help you much.On the healing side it isn't much better. Staff healing isn't really good (mace/shield would be better with pure of heart) and the passive healing of the elite won't save anyone. Sure, the active is good in a pinch but on a quite long cooldown and as such not reliable. Also your healing power is not high enough to really heal and side healing should never be a focus of a build as you often lose to much. All in all I can't recommend hybrid builds for most classes as you won't be good at anything and not many classes can get away with widely spread stats (scourge is special).

Power Harrier was a good and fun roaming build until Anet, in their infinite wisdom, gutted it; first with Tome CDs increases, then with the RI nerf. I believe it can still achieve a certain level of success however. It has good healing with good boon support, but now you gotta think twice before popping the tomes because of the insane cooldowns. You can carry Sword and Axe mainhands for the fury uptime, and Fury + RI can get you 50%-ish crit chance, which is still pretty workable.

It's hard to be a hybrid and perform well in all areas. This is what I use for open world PVE. It provides decent power, burning (90% dur.), survivability, and some healing ability:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARWnkICVDhNDBmDBEEhlAC7abNnyA7R0LaH1KA8AeTA-jRiAQBoR5nO2fYqaCGwFAofHCAA8EAgo6P7RHAkUCSKAYGtB-e

For events where I plan to be more of a support role, I switch some skills and traits around thusly (sometimes swapping Valor out for Honor):http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARWnsADVDhNDBGBDkCjlAC7abNnyAWBgHwba/hWR3oA-jRiAQBoR53e0BAgnAAEV/ZqaCgkSwBcBA63hAQH7PQKAAXpB-e

After hearing what everyone siad I want ahead and did some fixing up my build idead. I think I didn't make it clear what I want to from this. I mean I'm mostly a DPS kind of guy but with this class, I would like the abilities to heal myself but also others around me as I keep on attacking. I had to get rid of the whole firebrand, unfortunately. So tell me what you think of this one. Of couse, if this doesn't work then maybe I should try a more DPS Boom support build then.

@"sdt.1697" said:... I would like the abilities to heal myself but also others around me as I keep on attacking...

Toughness is kind of a wasted stat for PVE. It also makes you a target as mobs will preferentially attack higher toughness players. If you use Harrier + Surging runes instead of Cleric + Flame Legion you'll lose some of that resilience, but you'll gain a huge amount in boon duration.

I still question if you'll be happy with this, because your Precision is low so your DPS will suffer, and you have no ranged attack options. But, its a matter of preference. I'd buy/craft some exotic gear and test it out in various scenarios before committing to ascended gear.

I found something like this to be a fun little build for things like Recs and such.

The main draw of this over your build is that it provides perma Might and Quickness, as well as a variety of other boons with some uptime to the group, but it's more Boon Support + Heal, with the DPS being somwhat low, but not to the point where you hit like a wet noodle.

@"sdt.1697" said:After hearing what everyone siad I want ahead and did some fixing up my build idead. I think I didn't make it clear what I want to from this. I mean I'm mostly a DPS kind of guy but with this class, I would like the abilities to heal myself but also others around me as I keep on attacking. I had to get rid of the whole firebrand, unfortunately. So tell me what you think of this one. Of couse, if this doesn't work then maybe I should try a more DPS Boom support build then.

Still some of the same problems. You have 0 condition damage with this build, so why 70% burn duration? Your burn deals 131 damage. You only have 3 sources of burning, so you might stack like 5 stacks... so 655 damage a second with 5 stacks. Leave the burn duration, it makes no sense. The passive should keep the bonus damage uptime from fiery wrath high enough. In PvE it should be 100% because someone always brings burning. I get the thoughness stacking idea for wvw but don't overload on it because condition are thrown around left and right at the moment. You now use Pure of Heart which is a good way to get some heals in but you sadly need firebrand for it because the healing mantra allows you to spam aegis and therefore makes Pure of Heart worth it. Without Firebrand the aegis availability is a bit sparse. But overall the build looks much better now.This might be a build for you. With retaliation (you have high uptime) you gain 60% crit rate, some decent might, over 90% boon duration, 100% quickness uptime which helps with damage and off healing (mace auto attack is faster and therefore heals more and the elite signet is useable with quickness (only 1 sec cast time for a full heal), the regen mantra also heals for a bit while supporting the team with condi cleanse and protector's impact gives some protection after the heal and provides additional melee pressure) while still having some good damage.

• Like 1