What do you do with your extra Black Lion Salvage Kits?

I keep them scattered randomly throughout nine characters' inventories with varying numbers of remaining charges. Occasionally I think about using one to salvage something, but then I think: no, I must save that for a time when I really need to recover an upgrade from something.

Somehow I'm not sure this counts as a "solution"...

If you have 20+, it's definitely not a waste to use them on rares.I strongly encourage you to keep no more than 5+ for your account in total. Even that's overkill.

It's possible to find deals on the TP with an exotic with a valuable upgrade going for cheap. Mostly, the existence of the extractor contract has limited the profit. However, there are often "break even" prices: e.g. the weapon costs 80s with a sigil worth 75s, so pay a few silver to extra some ecto. Do that with 10+ BL kits and you'll have a stack of ecto for essentially no coin (just time & effort).

I keep one on every character and up to four in my bank. If I get more than that, I ID whatever's in my rare unidentified stack of materials and use them to chew through anything not worth selling on its own, and then I smile at all the pretty ectos in my material storage.

@Alimar.8760 said:I have over 20 BLSK now in my inventory and I never find enough opportunities to use them outside of purposeful waste. Anyone encounter this problem? If so, what are your solutions besides storing it for hopeful later use?

Ask me when I have less than 50 of them, then I might have an idea, otherwise right now they just sit around on different characters gathering dust, just in case I need them for something.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:If you have 20+, it's definitely not a waste to use them on rares.I strongly encourage you to keep no more than 5+ for your account in total. Even that's overkill.

It's possible to find deals on the TP with an exotic with a valuable upgrade going for cheap. Mostly, the existence of the extractor contract has limited the profit. However, there are often "break even" prices: e.g. the weapon costs 80s with a sigil worth 75s, so pay a few silver to extra some ecto. Do that with 10+ BL kits and you'll have a stack of ecto for essentially no coin (just time & effort).

Very important to note the increased annoyance when using on rares due to sigils and runes being salvageable, therefore interrupting an attempt to use salvage all rares. That time and effort has just gone up a bit more than one would initially expect.

delete them obviously.......................................... same with mystic forge stones bloodstone dusts

all these completely utterly useless items that can't be sold... all items should be sellable so we don't have to delete them... and just sell junk. some ppl told me to go mystic forge to use tones, and am just like, girl, i dont e ven do my dailies .... u expect me to gather 4 items and put them in the mystic forge?????

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:If you have 20+, it's definitely not a waste to use them on rares.I strongly encourage you to keep no more than 5+ for your account in total. Even that's overkill.

I wouldn't use them on rares since you can easily get 20+ rares in an hour of play. I use them on all exotics. With raiding a couple times a week and how often we get free black lion kits from login rewards, that's got me about at an equilibrium.

@Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:If you have 20+, it's definitely not a waste to use them on rares.I strongly encourage you to keep no more than 5+ for your account in total. Even that's overkill.

I wouldn't use them on rares since you can easily get 20+ rares in an hour of play. I use them on all exotics. With raiding a couple times a week and how often we get free black lion kits from login rewards, that's got me about at an equilibrium.

The OP is clearly not in equilibrium, as they have 20+ kits. That is why I recommend that they use some of their BL kits on around 300 rares — to get rid of their backlog.

I am not advocating that people generally use BLSK for rares — only when they have an overstock that is bothering them and/or getting in the way of managing their inventory.