Low FPS with HIGH END Computer

Hello, im playing Guild wars 2 with all on minimum detail and in some zones my fps drops to 20/25 and also some dungeons.... My graphic card is overclocked and processor is OC too by bios to perfomance arround 4400 MHZ

My computer:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXCPU: AMD FX 8350 16MB 4,2 GHz Black EditionMEM: G-SKILL Sniper Series 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1866MhzGPU: ASUS ATI Radeon R9 390 STRIX 8GBSDD: CRUCIAL BX200 240GBPOWER SUPPLY: Seasonic S12II GB 520W 80Plus Bronze

Any one know how to solve fps issues?? Thanks

Sorry, but that's not high end, it wasn't even high end when it was released back in 2012.

GW2 is more about single core performance, of which a older 2nd gen i5 would be far better than an FX line CPU from AMD, matter of fact, a 2nd gen i5 with lower clock speed is about 25% faster single core than your CPU. Considering is very poor single threaded performance, it's not shocking you drop into the 20's in some situations. Unless it's from the Zen architecture line of CPUs from AMD, they have pretty poor single threaded performance.

Can you post a screen of your settings and location of FPS drop? What are your normal FPS outside of those areas?

CPU is on the low end but understandably given its cost. I think most of the standard Intel CPU’s perform significantly better.

I am curious why you’re getting such low FPS with low settings. Are you also limiting the number of player models on screen as that would have a significant impact on your FPS?

That's pretty bad. I remember someone had a setup similar to yours on Reddit a year or so ago and part of the issue is that they had some hidden bitcoin miner leeching off of them. Do a virus scan.

There are also people that delete their local.dat files and clear out their GW2 cache routinely to get performance increases.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:That's pretty bad. I remember someone had a setup similar to yours on Reddit a year or so ago and part of the issue is that they had some hidden bitcoin miner leeching off of them. Do a virus scan.

There are also people that delete their local.dat files and clear out their GW2 cache routinely to get performance increases.

can i explain that better plz ?

@Myrah.8327 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:That's pretty bad. I remember someone had a setup similar to yours on Reddit a year or so ago and part of the issue is that they had some hidden bitcoin miner leeching off of them. Do a virus scan.

Here’s a thread explaining what they did. It may have no impact for your situation but it’s worth a try.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4t9dlr/fps_fix_when_all_else_fails_heres_how/

@Myrah.8327 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:That's pretty bad. I remember someone had a setup similar to yours on Reddit a year or so ago and part of the issue is that they had some hidden bitcoin miner leeching off of them. Do a virus scan.

You can find instructions in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

turn off gamebar and dvr on windows 10double check that there's no known issues on mobo bios regarding fps rates that require an update and you're using the gpu that you want. (older amd mobos having integrated. Situational. )double check to see if there's any other application or service hogging the resources, if there is, axe them. find a way.Get a legit anti virus. Even a free one. just set it up right. Save yourself the future trouble (HOPEFULLY NOT PRESENT)."enhanced" makes me cringe. :<

Your CPU is trash (even lower per clock performance than its 11 year old predessor the Phenom II) and the 8 threads are irrelevant for GW2.A modern 2 GHz CPU has a better performance than your 4.4 GHz FX.

On top of that your GPU (Hawaii architecture) has heavy draw call related overhead issues. This means it needs a strong CPU to function well.

Your system is a bad combination of components for GW2.

Quick Test:Do your fps stay the same when you change "Render Sampling" from "Native" to "Supersampling"? Then your CPU does limit your performance.

@"KrHome.1920" said:Your CPU is trash (even lower per clock performance than its 11 year old predessor the Phenom II) and the 8 threads are irrelevant for GW2.A modern 2 GHz CPU has a better performance than your 4.4 GHz FX.

On top of that your GPU (Hawaii architecture) has heavy draw call related overhead issues. This means it needs a strong CPU to function well.

Your system is a bad combination of components for GW2.

Quick Test:Do your fps stay the same when you change "Render Sampling" from "Native" to "Supersampling"? Then your CPU does limit your performance.

This is pretty much all true(for Gw2).Though these days we have dx912.pxy which would probably help Mryah a little bit.Having only 8gb of RAM will surely hit bottlenecks with dx912.

@Myrah.8327 said:Hello, im playing Guild wars 2 with all on minimum detail and in some zones my fps drops to 20/25 and also some dungeons.... My graphic card is overclocked and processor is OC too by bios to perfomance arround 4400 MHZ

My computer:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXCPU: AMD FX 8350 16MB 4,2 GHz Black EditionMEM: G-SKILL Sniper Series 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1866MhzGPU: ASUS ATI Radeon R9 390 STRIX 8GBSDD: CRUCIAL BX200 240GBPOWER SUPPLY: Seasonic S12II GB 520W 80Plus Bronze

Any one know how to solve fps issues?? Thanks

I have a similar setup CPU/Memory wise but the whole setup is sensitive to heat. My Gigabyte motherboard has a major heat issue with the MB chipset. I've had to shape the airflow in the case over the chipset heatsync but even then it doesn't totally fix the issue. Most of the time I can play fine but sometimes when a lot of players get together for an event it tanks my FPS. Ambient room temperature affects it. I want to build a new system at some point and relegate my old box as a file server.

I have the same GPU (Asus Strix 390) and it's safe to say that's not the issue. Put all settings on highest, with the following changes:Render Sampling: NativeCharacter Model Limit: Lowest (or Low)Character Model Quality: Medium

As far as your GPU is concerned, it will be fine and you'll see no noticeable reduction in performance than you already get. You might get low fps but at least you'll see a great looking game.