5 matches, 5 match manipulaters.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:Riiiight, Moon landings were fake, 9/11 was inside job, Queen Elizabeth is a 10,000 year old lizard and 2008 crash was Illuminati.

Look, I'm not saying this stuff never happens, but the way people talk here you'd think this is going on in nearly every game, across all tiers. I hate to break it to you, but nobody is win-trading in Gold tier or Unranked. If your team throws a game there, it's because, they suck and threw the game. Not because Illuminati. Outside of the top 10 this is 100% pointless and irrelevant.

Had an important phone call, was in an unranked game, so I answered it. Stopped moving for 30 seconds and got accused of match manipulation. Manipulating with whom? The person who called me who has never heard of the game?

This guy is correct, match manipulation only occurs at the very top of the leader board. Match manipulation is when someone pays someone on the opposing team to throw the game. There's a hundred reasons why someone might stop responding during a match. Maybe someone other than a Jehovah witness was knocking on the door, maybe the neighborhood stray cat got ran over by a dump truck, maybe it was the Publishers Clearing House in which case they're probably already on a boat in the Bahama's so good luck. Most of the time it's a reason other than match manipulation--especially if you're in plat 2 or below or unranked.

I guess I must be a top player then.

@"bluri.2653" Coincidentally enough, directly after our interaction today I had gone to do a few placement matches for season 17. I immediately was reminded why I told myself last season, that I wasn't going to play season 17. Check out what happened:

And where is the wintrade? I'm sorry but whenever bad players (and judging by that gameplay you are one) lose like 3games in a row, they go to the forums and start posting threads about match manipulation or how bad the matchmaking is... Spoiler Alert guys: you are just too bad to carry, live with it or dont, but i'd say for most cases here its the truth :(

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Crius.5487 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:Riiiight, Moon landings were fake, 9/11 was inside job, Queen Elizabeth is a 10,000 year old lizard and 2008 crash was Illuminati.

Look, I'm not saying this stuff never happens, but the way people talk here you'd think this is going on in nearly every game, across all tiers. I hate to break it to you, but nobody is win-trading in Gold tier or Unranked. If your team throws a game there, it's because, they suck and threw the game. Not because Illuminati. Outside of the top 10 this is 100% pointless and irrelevant.

Had an important phone call, was in an unranked game, so I answered it. Stopped moving for 30 seconds and got accused of match manipulation. Manipulating with whom? The person who called me who has never heard of the game?

This guy is correct, match manipulation only occurs at the very top of the leader board. Match manipulation is when someone pays someone on the opposing team to throw the game. There's a hundred reasons why someone might stop responding during a match. Maybe someone other than a Jehovah witness was knocking on the door, maybe the neighborhood stray cat got ran over by a dump truck, maybe it was the Publishers Clearing House in which case they're probably already on a boat in the Bahama's so good luck. Most of the time it's a reason other than match manipulation--especially if you're in plat 2 or below or unranked.

Look, this guy posted on the exact same day as bluri. Coincidence? Smurf busted.

And look at the date of this post. June 17th. And what season are we in? Coincidence?

Smurfinati confirmed.

Things don't just happen at random. Its all part of a master-plan to prevent the return of Vingador and to crown Kidinkk emperor of the universe in the end-time known as Allisvainarok.

I hardly doubt there's any wintrading below plat 2

I've said this before, they're rather toxic than wintraders. Any miss step you do (in their conception) is a reason to afk. There's even with names like "go far equals afk", they just want to screw up everyone else game in order to prove their playstyle/decisions are wrong.

"Ok, you went far and I told you not to do so, now I'm gonna afk for you to lose and prove I was right, you can even blame me, but remember, I told you not to do so, and you did, so it's all your fault."

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"bluri.2653" Coincidentally enough, directly after our interaction today I had gone to do a few placement matches for season 17. I immediately was reminded why I told myself last season, that I wasn't going to play season 17. Check out what happened:

Are your buttons on your mouse, or do you got king kong long dong fingers?

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:

@bluri.2653 Coincidentally enough, directly after our interaction today I had gone to do a few placement matches for season 17. I immediately was reminded why I told myself last season, that I wasn't going to play season 17. Check out what happened:

And where is the wintrade? I'm sorry but whenever bad players (and judging by that gameplay you are one) lose like 3games in a row, they go to the forums and start posting threads about match manipulation or how bad the matchmaking is... Spoiler Alert guys: you are just too bad to carry, live with it or dont, but i'd say for most cases here its the truth :(

Don't hit your head on the dome.

@"Crius.5487" I mean absolutely no disrespect or harm in this following response, other than giving the situation a very proper analogy:

Two people visit a zoo and they walk over to the fenced in area where the monkeys are at. Person (A) points at the ground and says: "Dude, there's monkey poop all over the ground." Person (B) says: "I don't know man, we can't prove it's monkey poop." Person (A) says: "But it looks like poop, it smells like poop, and it's in the monkey's enclosure." Person B says: "Yeah but we still can't prove that it's actually poop at all. We need more evidence."

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 You just tried to strawman everything I've posted thus far in this thread, and what is literally & visually said and shown in the video. You also encouraged the idea that I should be able to carry my matches 1v5. Aside from that fact, what more evidence do you want than this type of casual everyday affirmation that something is very wrong with ranked ques? Should we be expecting someone to run FBI/CIA level investigations on this matter? Do we need license & registration? Do we need genetic testing done? Do we need thumbprints? Should it be taken to the supreme court?

Maybe we need to call in a world renowned scientist to prove that the poop is poop.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@"Crius.5487" I mean absolutely no disrespect or harm in this following response, other than giving the situation a very proper analogy:

Two people visit a zoo and they walk over to the fenced in area where the monkeys are at. Person (A) points at the ground and says: "Dude, there's monkey poop all over the ground." Person (B) says: "I don't know man, we can't prove it's monkey poop." Person (A) says: "But it looks like poop, it smells like poop, and it's in the monkey's enclosure." Person B says: "Yeah but we still can't prove that it's actually poop at all. We need more evidence."

@"PaRaPhReNiA.8763" You just tried to strawman everything I've posted thus far in this thread, and what is literally & visually said and shown in the video. You also encouraged the idea that I should be able to carry my matches 1v5. Aside from that fact, what more evidence do you want than this type of casual everyday affirmation that something is very wrong with ranked ques? Should we be expecting someone to run FBI/CIA level investigations on this matter? Do we need license & registration? Do we need genetic testing done? Do we need thumbprints? Should it be taken to the supreme court?

Maybe we need to call in a world renowned scientist to prove that the poop is poop.

It's more like "I know it looks like monkey-poop underneath all of those monkeys, but its actually fake poop they put there to distract tourists, because the government takes all the monkey-poop to fuel their brain-scanning satellite".

Monkeys are known for pooping all over the floor. Players are well known for rage-quitting, afk'ing, trolling. Occam's Razor, plz.

I like Ostriches

@"Obtena.7952" said:A mega unpopular view: what if the incentive for winning was so low (or equal to losing), no one would rig anything? People are throwing just for rank as well? Hide all rank from all players, even themselves. Publish rank at the end of the season.

You already have a possibility to "hide" your rank, just play less than the minimum games required until the last week of the season or day/days and no one can track your rating.

One thing I have said before is to post the ratings of enemy players+your own teammates at the end of the game. If I'm at legendary and get matched up with gold players at least I know why I lost in that scenario

@bluri.2653

The kinds of tactics you're attempting to use, to show that the poop isn't poop, isn't working anymore in 2019. If you did not notice, not a single thumbs up or helpful has been given to any of your comments in this thread despite being a notoriously well known streamer, and not a single person has agreed with you aside from the mysterious @Ragnar.4257

And with that realization, I bid you adieu. There is no more need to explain the problem to anyone or example it, and it looks like their opinions won't be swayed much at this point either. At this point it is irrelevant what you or I say. At this point it's about Arenanet choosing to take action or not.

Who are you trying to convince Sindrener? The community? Arenanet? Me? Maybe yourself? Was the way you made yourself appear to us, worth the time posting in this thread?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@bluri.2653

The kinds of tactics you're attempting to use, to show that the poop isn't poop, isn't working anymore in 2019. If you did not notice, not a single thumbs up or helpful has been given to any of your comments in this thread despite being a notoriously well known streamer, and not a single person has agreed with you aside from the mysterious @Ragnar.4257

And with that realization, I bid you adieu. There is no more need to explain the problem to anyone or example it, and it looks like their opinions won't be swayed much at this point either. At this point it is irrelevant what you or I say. At this point it's about Arenanet choosing to take action or not.

Who are you trying to convince Sindrener? The community? Arenanet? Me? Maybe yourself? Was the way you made yourself appear to us, worth the time posting in this thread?

Actually quite a few people have said that there isn't wintrading below Plat 2, and that the video you posted isn't wintrading.

What your video shows is that your teammates realised (or at least thought) the game was lost after the teamfight. Therefore they afk to speed up the loss so that they can requeue and hope for a better game. I'm not saying that it's the best stance to take, and sure you might have had a slightly closer score if you all tried for a comeback. But to say it's wintrading is simply wrong.

Wintrading is where people actively encourage members of the other team to help them win, or ask members of their own team to leave to prevent rating loss. What you showed was people giving up on their teammates. Very different things.

One thing I’ve never understood is when people always blame their team for sucking rather than the other team for having better players.

I’m not saying people should give up (and I’ve proposed MMR system modifications to reward close games to incentivize fighting for every last point) but in general, sometimes your team is outskilled on the composition you are playing.

I don’t stop fighting unless the entire team agrees in chat to stop fighting. It’s not the best outcome and it’s only happened to me once or twice overall. Most people like playing pvp and giving up a losing battle is giving up the chance to challenge yourself and get a little better.

But I do want to point out that Trevor is right about a lack of trust in your team. You don’t know if one is playing badly that day. You don’t know if they don’t usually play that class. You don’t know how much they care about their rank. You can’t know whether they decided to stop trying because they know they can’t carry their team, who keep instantly dying to a holo/soulbeast/berserker/etc.

The solution is give players an incentive to fight losing battles. Give them no reason to give up unless they are actually win trading.

@saerni.2584 said:

But I do want to point out that Trevor is right about a lack of trust in your team.

Agreed-

The solution is give players an incentive to fight losing battles. Give them no reason to give up unless they are actually win trading.

And agreed. If there was some way to quantify as metrics how actively each player participated relative to their team and reward them based on that, we might be able to at the very least avoid ragequitting. That seems like a horrendously tall order to cram into an algorithm though.

yeah...probably most of what people think is win trading are bad players giving up. what incentive for the match manipulator to buy players in unranked or below plat? some of you are going way overboard with all of the accusations and are ironically giving this game a bad rep. I've been in some games where my entire team goes afk. I've been in countless games where one of my team mates afk for either legitimate reasons or because they're 12 and can't handle the pressure. never once did I think they were throwing the game cuz someone on the opposing team bought them. why? cuz deductive reasoning that's why.

so please stop accusing immature players of match manipulating, use your head when you think someone is throwing, and get on with it.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:and not a single person has agreed with you aside from the mysterious @"Ragnar.4257"

I am very mysterious.

I, Sindrener, thought I would get away with it when I set up this account in 2012, played it for 9000 hours, 20k AP, and led several WvW guilds. I thought I had done enough for my dasterdly plan of tricking the forums by planning 7 years in advance.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Ragnar-4257/showposts

But you, you saw right through me.

@Meteor.3720 said:

Actually quite a few people have said that there isn't wintrading below Plat 2, and that the video you posted isn't wintrading.

What your video shows is that your teammates realised (or at least thought) the game was lost after the teamfight. Therefore they afk to speed up the loss so that they can requeue and hope for a better game. I'm not saying that it's the best stance to take, and sure you might have had a slightly closer score if you all tried for a comeback. But to say it's wintrading is simply wrong.

Wintrading is where people actively encourage members of the other team to help them win, or ask members of their own team to leave to prevent rating loss. What you showed was people giving up on their teammates. Very different things.

If you say so.

Here's a better description of organized win trading btw. What you detailed is more like general bribery.

• One or Two players on their main accounts que up.
  • They are in a discord with some number of friends who are also playing, but these people are all on their ALT accounts, which they don't care about the rating.
  • They all synch que together. Since population is low, there are extremely high chances of these players landing in the same games together.
  • If the ALT players land on the team with the mains they are supporting, they try hard to win the match. If it looks like they are still going to lose, one of the ALTs will DC on purpose to block point lose for the mains. If any of the ALTs land on the team against the mains, they purposely play very poorly and throw the match. Sometimes, they just flat out AFK and sit in the base.
  • If any of the ALT players don't make it into the match with the mains, they go into the game they qued into, and look who is on each team. And then they either try hard to win or throw the game for their team, depending on who is in the match, who is the highest rated on the leaderboards, who needs their rating attacked, or sometimes who they hate the most. Sometimes if they just like someone, they'll play hard or throw so he can win, when he doesn't even know its happening.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

If you say so.

Here's a better description of organized win trading btw. What you detailed is more like general bribery.
  • One or Two players on their main accounts que up.
  • They are in a discord with some number of friends who are also playing, but these people are all on their ALT accounts, which they don't care about the rating.
  • They all synch que together. Since population is low, there are extremely high chances of these players landing in the same games together.
  • If the ALT players land on the team with the mains they are supporting, they try hard to win the match. If it looks like they are still going to lose, one of the ALTs will DC on purpose to block point lose for the mains. If any of the ALTs land on the team against the mains, they purposely play very poorly and throw the match. Sometimes, they just flat out AFK and sit in the base.
  • If any of the ALT players don't make it into the match with the mains, they go into the game they qued into, and look who is on each team. And then they either try hard to win or throw the game for their team, depending on who is in the match, who is the highest rated on the leaderboards, who needs their rating attacked, or sometimes who they hate the most. Sometimes if they just like someone, they'll play hard or throw so he can win, when he doesn't even know its happening.

Nailed it

sounds like everyone's favorite heroes the "GodsofPvP" are still up to the same BS. LOL... Basement trolls on twitch. I watched a few of them out of morbid curiosity and just laughed and laughed. What a bunch of morons. Yet..... they are catered to and protected because they give ANeT free advertising. Not that it matters this game is cratering anyway.

Everyone at the top of the leaderboards that I've played with deserves to be there. They're light years ahead of everyone else in mechanical skill and playing spvp, so if they need to do some win trading to secure positions because of an inherently broken leaderboard system, that's fine by me.

@"Crius.5487" said:I think that video is worthy of its own thread. Still wouldn't go as far to call it match manipulation

Just wanted to point out something here, as it seems like many people who have posted responses here, are kind of confused on definitions.

Notice that my video is titled: "What is this GW2 Throwing?" and that it is not titled: "What is this GW2 Win Trading?" Notice that all of my previous quoted text wall explanation is well defining and mostly discussing "Match Manipulation" in general, not win trading. Win trading is mentioned only when I specifically point out that probably only about 10% of match manipulations experienced, is actually win trading. That means that if we experience some kind of garbage like what is shown in the video, roughly 1/3 games qued, most of it is just general smurfing, or some guy getting mad when called out so he sits in spawn and stops trying as he flames the chat, ect.. ect.. These are forms of match manipulation, not win trading.

In the video I point out things that are worthy of suspicion, and at the end I say: "This is either the worst match making I've ever seen, which is why everyone is standing and not trying, or it is win trading." And that is true, it's either one or the other. I certainly doubt it was an occurrence where 4 players simultaneously AFK'd to answer their front doors, to pay for a pizza, all at the same time. Actually they didn't AFK at all, they were having discussion throughout the entire time they sat in the spawn. Logically, when you assess what is happening in that video, it's one or the other. Neither are acceptable.

Either way, what is shown in the video is match manipulation which happens on the 3rd game played in placement. Throwing a match for whatever reason, is match manipulation. Being an "Idle Player" is like when someone gets up to do something and doesn't come back. What is shown in the video are players sitting and doing nothing as they converse with each other. They aren't even AFK. That's match throwing which is match manipulation, not idle players. What the video doesn't show, is that we were ahead in points initially, and then they experienced a single bad wipe at mid and all stopped trying at the same time. The reason why the video cuts in at 300 to 50 or something, is because I didn't notice it was happening at first. I was at the far node holding and focused on not dying. Then I realize all my team mates were standing in the spawn. I continued to play until they wiped me at far, and at that point I closed GW2 briefly to turn on my screen record when I realized I should be capturing it. If I had recorded the full match, it would be more apparent as to why it is suspicious that 4 players would for some reason give up at like 100 to 50. But w/e, as I said, it was either ridiculously poor match quality or some kind of an organized throw, maybe win trading. How often do you realistically see 4 players give up and stand in a spawn in a ranked game, and not only are they not angry about it, but they're happy? I also went out of my way to NOT show the names of the players on the other team for obvious reasons. If I had, you'd all have seen a particular duo with a couple players of interest in it, that would vouch anyone's opinion towards even stronger suspicion. But the point of video was not to expose any particular players, it was to reinforce my initial statement that, "Match manipulations occur roughly 1/3 games played in ranked, now in 2019."

I felt this was important to point out after rereading through the thread, as there were a couple of people arguing with me about win trading specifically, and I'm not so sure they quite understood that this discussion began with discussing match manipulation in general, which encompasses a great many deal of things, not just organized win trading.

I stand by my statement. Roughly 1/3 games played in ranked pvp in 2019, is some form of a match manipulation nowadays. Sometimes it works for you, sometimes it works against you, but it is happening. This is why match outcomes are so highly volatile anymore. It isn't just low population, which is only about half of the problem in play.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Crius.5487" said:I think that video is worthy of its own thread.
Still wouldn't go as far to call it match manipulation

Just wanted to point out something here, as it seems like many people who have posted responses here, are kind of confused on definitions.

Notice that my video is titled: "What is this GW2 Throwing?" and that it is not titled: "What is this GW2 Win Trading?" Notice that all of my previous quoted text wall explanation is well defining and mostly discussing "Match Manipulation" in general, not win trading. Win trading is mentioned only when I specifically point out that probably only about 10% of match manipulations experienced, is actually win trading. That means that if we experience some kind of garbage like what is shown in the video, roughly 1/3 games qued, most of it is just general smurfing, or some guy getting mad when called out so he sits in spawn and stops trying as he flames the chat, ect.. ect.. These are forms of match manipulation, not win trading.

In the video I point out things that are worthy of suspicion, and at the end I say: "This is either the worst match making I've ever seen, which is why everyone is standing and not trying, or it is win trading." And that is true, it's either one or the other. I certainly doubt it was an occurrence where 4 players simultaneously AFK'd to answer their front doors, to pay for a pizza, all at the same time. Actually they didn't AFK at all, they were having discussion throughout the entire time they sat in the spawn. Logically, when you assess what is happening in that video, it's one or the other. Neither are acceptable.

Either way, what is shown in the video is match manipulation which happens on the 3rd game played in placement. Throwing a match for whatever reason, is match manipulation. Being an "Idle Player" is like when someone gets up to do something and doesn't come back. What is shown in the video are players sitting and doing nothing as they converse with each other. They aren't even AFK. That's match throwing which is match manipulation, not idle players. What the video doesn't show, is that we were ahead in points initially, and then they experienced a single bad wipe at mid and all stopped trying at the same time. The reason why the video cuts in at 300 to 50 or something, is because I didn't notice it was happening at first. I was at the far node holding and focused on not dying. Then I realize all my team mates were standing in the spawn. I continued to play until they wiped me at far, and at that point I closed GW2 briefly to turn on my screen record when I realized I should be capturing it. If I had recorded the full match, it would be more apparent as to why it is suspicious that 4 players would for some reason give up at like 100 to 50. But w/e, as I said, it was either ridiculously poor match quality or some kind of an organized throw, maybe win trading. How often do you realistically see 4 players give up and stand in a spawn in a ranked game, and not only are they not angry about it, but they're happy? I also went out of my way to NOT show the names of the players on the other team for obvious reasons. If I had, you'd all have seen a particular duo with a couple players of interest in it, that would vouch anyone's opinion towards even stronger suspicion. But the point of video was not to expose any particular players, it was to reinforce my initial statement that, "Match manipulations occur roughly 1/3 games played in ranked, now in 2019."

I felt this was important to point out after rereading through the thread, as there were a couple of people arguing with me about win trading specifically, and I'm not so sure they quite understood that this discussion began with discussing match manipulation in general, which encompasses a great many deal of things, not just organized win trading.

I stand by my statement. Roughly 1/3 games played in ranked pvp in 2019, is some form of a match manipulation nowadays. Sometimes it works for you, sometimes it works against you, but it is happening. This is why match outcomes are so highly volatile anymore. It isn't just low population, which is only about half of the problem in play.

I pity you thinking everything is a conspiracy in this game, you defo need to get out if you think 1/3 of your games are manipulated lmao.