nerf rev before everyone quits

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Snellibee.2761 said:

@Menyus.4610 said:since 2018 every AT is unplayable cos its always the team with 2 reve who gonna win, was one of the reasons why started to rather play fornite

It's definitely not the better players that are winning, the two revenants are the only win condition obviously

Anet Ben mentioned in a Jawgeous stream that ranked teams with a Revenant have a 70%+ higher win ratio than those that don't. This was quoted in a Tea Time a month or so ago with Sindrener and Jawgeous as guests.

Thats pretty objective.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Menyus.4610" said:since 2018 every AT is unplayable cos its always the team with 2 reve who gonna win, was one of the reasons why started to rather play fornite

It's definitely not the better players that are winning, the two revenants are the only win condition obviously

Anet Ben mentioned in a Jawgeous stream that ranked teams with a Revenant have a 70%+ higher win ratio than those that don't. This was quoted in a Tea Time a month or so ago with Sindrener and Jawgeous as guests.

Thats pretty objective.

What about the ranked teams that have a firebrand and the others don't? Probably close to 90% winrate.

The stats might be objective but theres a lot more variables that are involved in such a thing. For one, Revenant is one of the hardest classes to be really good at, most Revenant players you even see in Ranked have been playing it for ages and are extremely good players allround. The class requires constant motion and awareness of the map to be efficiënt which is why average players can't get their fingers around it. So while the stats may say "70% more winrate with teams that have Revenant", theres variables hiding behind it that also say that these players are just better than the average other class out there.

Another thing is that Revenant is roamer, which is very valuable in conquest. Theres no other roamer beside thief that is able to do the same +1 action, sadly thief is underperforming so I agree Revenant is more valuable untill Thief gets a buff in some way. But I'm pretty sure that the team who has a thief whilst the other team doesn't, has a higher winrate aswell. Just because the role is extremely valuable for decaps and +1 fights.

What I'm trying to get at is that this stat doesn't necessarily show the strength of the class, but more the strength of a role in PvP. Just like how a team with a support is more likely to win from a team without support.

@Snellibee.2761 said:

@Menyus.4610 said:since 2018 every AT is unplayable cos its always the team with 2 reve who gonna win, was one of the reasons why started to rather play fornite

Thats pretty objective.

What about the ranked teams that have a firebrand and the others don't? Probably close to 90% winrate.

Firebrand in ranked? Nah, unless you're Arken.

Firebrands and dedicated support rely on communication more than any other build. Also as a firebrand if you're team isn't good you aren't going to be able to contribute much of anything really, even more so than other builds.

Even Firebrand Scourge as a duo in voice coms isn't that great as you're dedicating 2 players for mostly one mode with comparatively little side node contribution. Something like double Duelist like Spellbreaker+Holo or Spellbreaker+roamer like Rev that allows 2 players to contribute to and contest multiple nodes is a more effective use of your duo.

I actually don't see Firebrands in ranked much at all. It's practically MAT only. Maybe one every 4 games or so.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Thats pretty objective.

Firebrands and dedicated support rely on communication more than any other build. Also as a firebrand if you're team isn't good you aren't going to be able to contribute much of anything really, even more so than other builds.

Even Firebrand Scourge as a duo in voice coms isn't that great as you're dedicating 2 players for mostly one mode with comparatively little side node contribution. Something like double Duelist like Spellbreaker+Holo or Spellbreaker+roamer like Rev that allows 2 players to contribute to and contest multiple nodes is a more effective use of your duo.

I actually don't see Firebrands in ranked much at all. It's practically MAT only. Maybe one every 4 games or so.

Are you NA? Because in EU theres quite a few good firebrands in ranked actually.

Also why did you ignore the rest of my post? You literally took the most irrelevant part and quoted that lol

@Snellibee.2761 said:

Thats pretty objective.

Are you NA? Because in EU theres quite a few good firebrands in ranked actually.

Also why did you ignore the rest of my post? You literally took the most irrelevant part and quoted that lol

Yes I am NA.

I ignored nothing. That was your post when I quoted it.

As far as the rest of your post is concerned, Rev is no harder or easier to learn than other other profession. The only times it's hard is during condi metas as Glint+Shiro struggles with conditions very specifically.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"Noha.3749" said:Everyone knows by now how the herald burst rotation goes, it is predictable yet.. deadly..

Isnt it easier to just up your map awareness and keep track of enemy movement better? I mean sure they travel fast but they aint teef fast.

Could you explain exactly how "the" Rev burst rotation goes?

I've gotten leaderboard playing Rev but i just made up my own style and have no idea how far off i am from what the cool kids are doing.

I don't play the class but I'd say the general rotation starts on shiro staff.Port into staff 5, swap to glint and sword, quickness cast either 4 or 2 with either burst of strength or elemental blast.

Sounds more like others classes players want to get carried w/o any effort....

I’ve see decent balance call outs... but even this combo can be dodged, blocked, blinded, even interrupted hard but possible....

Sounds like a combo that if u mess ur bursted thing.The rev unblocable from shiro has a 20sec CD???

If the combo happens way to fast than normal casting happens visually that the Anet fault due bad sync and Anet forcing dps burst race everywhere in name of casuals while game server can’t handle it and needs to force skill by the moment server receives that input.

Sadly this compesantion used in most online games opens a way to exploit the skill system if devs don’t have carefull.

There actually a small group of players using package editing and macros.Even in pve mounts are being abused with endless stamina.

There’s a lot of bad things happening that makes some combos broken, imo skills alone that are overperforming should be where Anet should keep its eyes at.

@"Zenix.6198" said:can we all plz just stop pretending that rev "requires soooo much skill".That was 2-3 years ago. since then it has been dumbed down (like every other class) to the point where anybody can play it.

I'd still say that rev isn't easy to play. I'm usually thief main but tried a couple other specs recently.. Condi Mirage is an absolute no-brainer really, spellbreaker/core warrior was also pretty ez to play, firebrand and scourge weren't too hard for me either once I've learned what each skill does and how my rotations/combos work. Holo is also not very hard and I've heard that from several ppl already as well.But Rev.. Idk.. It's just one bad engage into a condi class or team fight with scourge and you're done. Also I don't have as much problems to actually land my bursts any any class as with Rev (tbh it's probably just a thing I have to get used to but still.. not as trivial as other classes) and to actually sustain because if I swap for defensives like staff, my dmg pressure is basically gone and while staff#3 and 5 allows me to sustain for a bit, it's only a few moments until I'm completely out of anything, unless I can swap legends again and still didn't pop my infuse light.@edit: Just to address this beforehand because of @"Snellibee.2761" 's answer with the "oh kitten" button. Ofc Infuse Light is also a "oh kitten" button but not nearly as reliable or effective as those from other classes. Just take holo for example, you can just pop Elixier S (at least with most builds) and still have your Heal Turret up to resustain afterwards. Spellbreaker has a ton of ways to mitigate damage while constantly regenrate health passively. I don't even want to start with invul and evades from mirage, etc. With Infuse Light ppl usually just stop attacking until it runs out, leaving you with like 3k accidental heal and then continue pressuring.I can even disengage or evade a lot better on thief than rev (well probably because I know how to play thief by now but still.. the toolkit alone is already superior to rev's kit imo.. it has even better condi clear and thief is already terrible against conditions).The only spec with less sustain than rev imo is scourge (if you ignore the endless barrier), but again Scourge is completely broken when firebrand-carried.@back to originalEnergy Management is also a chapter on its own. Because you either have to use it offensively or defensively, it's a bit like the initiative system for thief like if I use all of my initiative for mobility or evades I have nothing left for pressure or vice versa.I think it's definitely more complex than almost any other class in terms of what you have to monitor and you got to use the kit wisely like with not a lot of other classes/specs.

@another edit:Btw I don't fanboi Rev, I also think s/s glint+shiro needs some rebalancing, like I'd like to see a slight dmg reduction and a slight defense increase in return because I think (if this wasn't already clear after the text above) the dmg is a bit over-the-top while sustain is a bit too low. Would be nice to even things out just a little bit like 10% overall or something.I'd also like to get my old shackling wave back without the awkward wind up time (I've actually mained Rev for a couple months.. even more surprising to me that I can't really play with it anymore tbh) and instead telegraph the skill by ground indicator. Would be better for rev player (to see if you will hit because the range indicator doesn't work properly somehow) and for enemy players alike.

@DoomNexus.5324 said:

@"Zenix.6198" said:can we all plz just stop pretending that rev "requires soooo much skill".That was 2-3 years ago. since then it has been dumbed down (like every other class) to the point where anybody can play it.

I'd still say that rev isn't easy to play. I'm usually thief main but tried a couple other specs recently.. Condi Mirage is an absolute no-brainer really, spellbreaker/core warrior was also pretty ez to play, firebrand and scourge weren't too hard for me either once I've learned what each skill does and how my rotations/combos work. Holo is also not very hard and I've heard that from several ppl already as well.But Rev.. Idk.. It's just one bad engage into a condi class or team fight with scourge and you're done. Also I don't have as much problems to actually land my bursts than with Rev (tbh it's probably just a thing I have to get used to but still.. not as trivial as other classes) and to actually sustain because if I swap for defensives like staff my dmg pressure is basically gone and while staff#3 and 5 allows me to sustain for a bit it's only a few moments until I'm completely out of anything unless I can swap legends again and still didn't pop my infuse light.Energy Management is also a chapter on its own. Because you either have to use it offensively or defensively, it's a bit like the initiative system for thief like if I use all of my initiative for mobility or evades I have nothing left for pressure or vice versa.I think it's definitely more complex than almost any other class in terms of what you have to monitor and you got to use the kit wisely like with not a lot of other classes/specs.

ThisNearly every class has a "oh shit" button to save themselves from a mistake they made and what allows them to resustain to try again. Rev doesn't have this, if you messed something up you're dead and you can try again after respawn.