Character quests order

Is there a way to recover a character's story following the in game order?

I'm trying to build my own main character story using the API. From those questions when creating her until LS 4, it was all there, text enough to produce my person e-book. While I as formatting the text gathered I noticed quests were not in corrected order. Stories and Seasons (endpoints /stories and /stories/seasons) have the "order" information, but quests from a Story does not.

I can use the Wiki and manually reorder the results, but would be beautiful have all my characters story with just a click.

PS: I may have missed some information or failed looking for previous threads about it.

I don't think that a simple "order" field would really be that useful as you wouldn't get any informations on what quests are related to each other.

Take a look at the image in this Reddit-posting: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/85l5d2/personal_story_flow_chart/

I guess the best way would be if the quests would have a "followed_by" and "preceded by" field containing the quest-ids of following/preceding quests. That way you could easily order all quests correctly and you would get informations on how quests are related to each other.

That's a great idea. But the order idea would work using same value in quests that depende on player choices.

Any new character has one first quest. So all first quests of any race would be the order number 1.

As much as I studied, The path chosen by players seems to have same number of steps. They would share same order value.

Your idea tho would be perfection xD