Dragon Bash Returns Next Week

• ArenaNet Staff

After Zhaitan’s defeat, Tyrians came together to celebrate something that had long been thought impossible: the death of an Elder Dragon. Now that Mordremoth’s been muffled, Kralkatorrik’s cracked, and Aurene has ascended, it’s time to get back to partying!

From June 25 to July 16, Hoelbrak will host the return of the Dragon Bash festival. Bust open dragon pinatas, battle holographic dragon minions in the open world and the new Dragon Arena, bet on moa races, and stuff yourself with zhaitaffy.

Kralkatorrik is keeping a watchful eye on the festivities from above, but don’t be alarmed—he’s a hologram, too!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is so cool! I’m really excited to see this, as I missed it originally

But we’re still getting festival of the four winds later in July right? That’s absolutely my favorite festival and the ending of this one is within a week or two of the time it started last year so I’m a bit worried

AMAZINGand so happy to see a different capital getting some love.I noticed some new equipment like a holographic dragon mask.

On a side note, I assume the competitive dragonball returns as well. To which some concerns from previous years remain unanswered:

• People leaving matches early, throwing games, afk'ing, etc.
  • Unable to leave the base due to the jump not being high enough
  • curving balls around corners
  • unable to play with friends/guildmates

any update on these concerns?either way, just happy to see some activity again!

BASH THE DRAGON, SMASH THE DRAGON!WITH THE KEGS IN ALE HE'LL DROWN!BASH THE DRAGON, SMASH THE DRAGON!WITH FIREWORKS, THE ALE WE'll DOWN

Whuttt whuttttttt a festival... in hoelbrak?!!!! Awesome Anet! Hoelbrak? Checked.√ Divinity Reach? Checked.√ Rata Sum? Checked.√ Time to bring festival in the grove and black citadel :D

Thanks for bringing back that festival.Is it moa race? Haven't seen it since old LA :o

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:

@otto.5684 said:Looks cool. Hopefully that does not mean that festival of the four winds is not returning.

Ofc Festival of the Four Winds will be back, they said so last year.

Whew, I would have been devastated if not, I’ve been looking forward to it and missing it all year! And now I can get hyped for this festival without fear that it cost me my favorite! :D

I'm surprised it isn't in Black Citadel since Kralky affected Ascalon and Almorra had a fixation on the old guy.

@"Urgi.3504" said:Isn't Aurene going to be offended we celebrate demise of her kin?

It would be funny if Aurene blasted the city while screaming "He was my Grandpa!"

@"Omnicron.2467" said:Are we seeing any new content in this festival? I never did this before so not sure what looks new from the trailer. Looks like some fun content and a helm skin I have never seen before.

The last one was in old LA, so there's that. There's alot of other changes like that which can be seen by watching this trailer:

. Also, the OP said, "the new Dragon Arena," which is indeed new.

Speaking of, I can't help but notice that Dragon Arena was the GW1 minigame that Dragon Ball is based off on. What does that mean? Is Anet making something more akin to the GW1 Dragon Arena then Dragon Ball is? Are they scrapping Ball for Arena? Or is Arena going to be some new altogether?

The "kill the holographic dragon minion" event is new also the helmet. For rewards well, new guild hall decorations, recently they are added during each festival which is cool. Also moa race is 'new' haven't been seen since ls1 old Lion's arch.