It is better not to interrupt an enemy stomp

James.1065

I saw some discussions about your ethical responsibility to try by all means to ress a downed team mate and interupt the enemy stomp. I agree with this.

However in a 1v1 when you get downed. Why interrupt the player stomping you? I always try to stomp a 1v1 as a sign of respect to the enemy to finish him quickly and get him back in the game, as leaving him to bleed out slowly is unethical to me and makes a toxic atmosphere. However I get super irritated when I am trying to stomp the downed player to help him re-spawn quicker, and he interupts me. I mean he is only wasting his own time, so I teach him a lesson by dotting him up and walk away....

How do others see this, or should we just remove the downed state from SPvP?

Why interrupt a person helping you!? Even if it's the enemy you can still show sone respect

Haha, I agree. While I let people bleed in more serious matches, after a good fight I stomp or kill them quickly (usually).

However, if he tries to interrupt or anything, I leave them...

Would it be a solution to revive downed players more quickly if they get out of fight? Or the opponents he fought? This way the stomp would become necessary and bleeding out would stop... it really is an awful mechanic of an otherise nice idea (the downed mechanic itself).

Hmm, people could still atack with weak skills to prevent ressing... not a good idea, I guess.

Well not all classes have a downed interrupt, but the one s that do are just trying to buy more time, and sometimes it works. They are hoping and that a team mate will come along and save them and better yet they then get to stomp you. Sometimes when you think you are bleeding someone out a team mate comes along and revs them. Either way you just lost 5 pts for your team. You can look at it that way too.

Sure bleeding is annoying but I also do it because there are times where I cannot win without it.Why interrupt someone "helping" ? Well did you know that even in downstate you prevent people from capping ? It is better to die on a point and gain a few seconds for your team. You get more points and you give time for someone to replace you. If you are outside of a point and noone is coming then yes, accept it to respawn faster.Also if you are talking about 1V1 only I still think some classes should not be considered "defeated" once they are in downstate. Ranger beeing the best example for this. I did end up winning a lot of "downstate fights" because I get an owl F2 + taunt + stun once in downstate and the fast rez from the pet. Thief damage is also high, or necro lifesteal or even a warrior second chance.

@James.1065 said:I saw some discussions about your ethical responsibility to try by all means to ress a downed team mate and interupt the enemy stomp. I agree with this.

However in a 1v1 when you get downed. Why interrupt the player stomping you? I always try to stomp a 1v1 as a sign of respect to the enemy to finish him quickly and get him back in the game, as leaving him to bleed out slowly is unethical to me and makes a toxic atmosphere. However I get super irritated when I am trying to stomp the downed player to help him re-spawn quicker, and he interupts me. I mean he is only wasting his own time, so I teach him a lesson by dotting him up and walk away....

Why interrupt a person helping you!? Even if it's the enemy you can still show sone respect

Letting them bleed out doesn't teach them a lesson. They are merely playing the game as it is meant to be played. All you're doing is being a d_i-c@k.

@Ovark.2514 said:

@James.1065 said:I saw some discussions about your ethical responsibility to try by all means to ress a downed team mate and interupt the enemy stomp. I agree with this.

Letting them bleed out doesn't teach them a lesson. They are merely playing the game as it is meant to be played. All you're doing is being a d_i-c@k.

Its a tactic.. Let them bleed out so it takes longer for them to get back into the game.

Say Im playing GS mes on foefire (using example from tonight).. I downed a thief near home then let him bleed out while I did some face smashing against the keyboard on mid.. Meanwhile the thief thought he could self rez so I went back and poked him down again back to about 50% health... this cycle continued twice before he accepted his inevitable respawn.

You can keep a player out of the game and reduce the teams to a 4v5 for maybe a minute.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Its a tactic.. Let them bleed out so it takes longer for them to get back into the game.

Say Im playing GS mes on foefire (using example from tonight).. I downed a thief near home then let him bleed out while I did some face smashing against the keyboard on mid.. Meanwhile the thief thought he could self rez so I went back and poked him down again back to about 50% health... this cycle continued twice before he accepted his inevitable respawn.

You can keep a player out of the game and reduce the teams to a 4v5 for maybe a minute.

Whenever a player does such a thing to me or someone else I can't help but question their empathy. I think anet should have Bandage (self-rez downed skill) have a 1 second reduced CD for each time it's interrupted as well as maintaining the same heal-over-time level it was at at the time of interruption.

@Megametzler.5729 said:Haha, I agree. While I let people bleed in more serious matches, after a good fight I stomp or kill them quickly (usually).

However, if he tries to interrupt or anything, I leave them...

Would it be a solution to revive downed players more quickly if they get out of fight? Or the opponents he fought? This way the stomp would become necessary and bleeding out would stop... it really is an awful mechanic of an otherise nice idea (the downed mechanic itself).

Hmm, people could still atack with weak skills to prevent ressing... not a good idea, I guess.

This is a good idea, it just needs tweaking. For example, in downed state you are immune to all Condi damage and when out of combat self bandage is 100% faster.

This will mean the enemy has to either cleave you down, or stomp you. No more bleeding out cause you will rezz yourself if the enemy leaves you alone.

However back to original post, if you not downed on point and there are no team mates around to save you, why would you go about wasting time interrupting a stomp that gets you back in the game quicker?

I have a little nonverbal chart for how I usually behave when downed

If it was GG and I am not on the point, I wont do anything to you.

If:

• it was GG, and I think hammer toss is gonna buy me time to vengeance,
  • I see a teammate coming
  • I'm on the point

I'm gonna throw hammer AND junk at you.

If it was GG but I think you're a cheeky little kitten I'm going to throw hammer at you then let you stomp me.