A solid case as to why Tengu could be a playable race, and why it would be worthwhile.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ben K.6238 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:and now you're making my point exactly, it's requested so much it's already boring to even consider adding.come with something truly unique, a race that doesn't have the restrictive kind of lore tengu has and has a free and flexible backstory to play around with.

Mounts were requested a lot more; were they boring when they got added?

the way they were executed is unique, tengu is by far the most boring thing to add.7

@Ben K.6238 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:and now you're making my point exactly, it's requested so much it's already boring to even consider adding.come with something truly unique, a race that doesn't have the restrictive kind of lore tengu has and has a free and flexible backstory to play around with.

Yes. Thankfully, the movement skills and metroidvania maps to use them in ANet added made up for it.

@Ben K.6238 said:

Mounts didn't require a storyline or voice acting.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Squirrel.6318" said:We need a new race bad. Think about it, compare beta or vanilla to where we are now, barely anything has changed. We need a drastic change. This means new race and new weapons. And GvG. It's a joke how the game is called "Guild Wars" but we have no GvG.

Did you miss things like gliding and mounts?

I'm talking about the overall experience of the game. Gliding and mounts have made traveling easier, yes. But the end result is, the game is exactly the same, and has the same lack as vanilla did. There hasn't been a significant change in 6 years. Heart events are exactly the same. Meta-events are exactly the same. They are just clones on different maps.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Squirrel.6318" said:We need a new race bad. Think about it, compare beta or vanilla to where we are now, barely anything has changed. We need a drastic change. This means new race and new weapons. And GvG. It's a joke how the game is called "Guild Wars" but we have no GvG.

Want and need are different things. You may want a new race or think that you want drastic change, and that's fine; however, that doesn't mean that your desires are things that are crucially needed to keep the game alive.

As for GvG and "Guild Wars", it was stated way back in the beginning that the game's name was kept for the franchise aspect and not for game-play.

Desires/wants is what the community wants and the community is what keeps the game alive. example: look at the outrage at the ridiculous t-shirt promos. we all wanted them but only the US could have them. and thus weeks of outrage. a significant portion of us lost respect for arenanet. I felt bad for europe, because they've been HUGE on guild wars since the beginning.

And yeah that is silly, though, why would they do that. It's like naming a game Mario but only feature Luigi.

if making tengu as new race cost a big conflict and problem to found a way for be a playable race. the only solution we have is making them as playable tonic combats as i say before the new model tengu from heart of thorn seem be a good choice to adding them as tonic combats.we want them arenanet.if you cant make them as playable race.please we beg you.make a tonic combats tengu