Dragon Bash Returns Next Week — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Dragon Bash Returns Next Week

After Zhaitan’s defeat, Tyrians came together to celebrate something that had long been thought impossible: the death of an Elder Dragon. Now that Mordremoth’s been muffled, Kralkatorrik’s cracked, and Aurene has ascended, it’s time to get back to partying!

From June 25 to July 16, Hoelbrak will host the return of the Dragon Bash festival. Bust open dragon pinatas, battle holographic dragon minions in the open world and the new Dragon Arena, bet on moa races, and stuff yourself with zhaitaffy.

Kralkatorrik is keeping a watchful eye on the festivities from above, but don’t be alarmed—he’s a hologram, too!

Stéphane Lo Presti
Content Marketing Manager

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nice, is there going to be ambient dialogue to reflect on aurene ascending and kralky being dead?

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019

If you are bringing it back, you are bringing this back for all those newer devs to get involved ;)

No excuses y'all ;)

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• arron.3294arron.3294 Member ✭✭

so many people asked me how did i get the shattered dragon wings NOW they can YAY

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Moa money, moa problems. :#

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wow this is so cool! I’m really excited to see this, as I missed it originally

But we’re still getting festival of the four winds later in July right? That’s absolutely my favorite festival and the ending of this one is within a week or two of the time it started last year so I’m a bit worried

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

Looks cool. Hopefully that does not mean that festival of the four winds is not returning.

• Urgi.3504Urgi.3504 Member ✭✭

Isn't Aurene going to be offended we celebrate demise of her kin?

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019

AMAZING
    and so happy to see a different capital getting some love.
    I noticed some new equipment like a holographic dragon mask.

On a side note, I assume the competitive dragonball returns as well. To which some concerns from previous years remain unanswered:

• People leaving matches early, throwing games, afk'ing, etc.
    • Unable to leave the base due to the jump not being high enough
    • curving balls around corners
    • unable to play with friends/guildmates

any update on these concerns?
    either way, just happy to see some activity again!

BASH THE DRAGON, SMASH THE DRAGON!
    WITH THE KEGS IN ALE HE'LL DROWN!
    BASH THE DRAGON, SMASH THE DRAGON!
    WITH FIREWORKS, THE ALE WE'll DOWN

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• @otto.5684 said:
    Looks cool. Hopefully that does not mean that festival of the four winds is not returning.

Ofc Festival of the Four Winds will be back, they said so last year.

Golemancer Tixx - Far Shiverpeaks (EU). Achievement Hunter (+35k) ~750 on the AP Leaderboards.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:

@otto.5684 said:

Nice. The more festivals the merrier 😬

• Thanks for bringing this back! I absolutely loved it in season 1, I'm so excited!!!! :D

Golemancer Tixx - Far Shiverpeaks (EU). Achievement Hunter (+35k) ~750 on the AP Leaderboards.

• @Urgi.3504 said:

Considering how hard she herself was working for the demise of one of her kin, I suspect not.

• ChronoPinoyX.7923ChronoPinoyX.7923 Member ✭✭✭

@Urgi.3504 said:

Pretty sure she'd be the first on that pinata.

I mean she was insistent that we deep six Kralkatorrik until the heart part

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019

Whuttt whuttttttt a festival... in hoelbrak?!!!! Awesome Anet! Hoelbrak? Checked.√ Divinity Reach? Checked.√ Rata Sum? Checked.√ Time to bring festival in the grove and black citadel :D

Thanks for bringing back that festival.
    Is it moa race? Haven't seen it since old LA :o

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@otto.5684 said:

Whew, I would have been devastated if not, I’ve been looking forward to it and missing it all year! And now I can get hyped for this festival without fear that it cost me my favorite! :D

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019

This is confusing:

Dragon Bash Returns Next Week

by The Guild Wars 2 Team on June 18, 2019

Spoilers for Living World Season 4 lurk herein!

Did you mean Living World Season 5??

Oh, never mind...you mean spoilers for those that haven't played Season 4. Duh!

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@otto.5684 said:

You think I bought 9000 ectos just for the awesome price hike festival to not come back?! :)

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• A Moot this size? I think we need more ale. a LOT more Ale.

• Omnicron.2467Omnicron.2467 Member ✭✭✭

Are we seeing any new content in this festival? I never did this before so not sure what looks new from the trailer. Looks like some fun content and a helm skin I have never seen before.

• I'm surprised it isn't in Black Citadel since Kralky affected Ascalon and Almorra had a fixation on the old guy.

@Urgi.3504 said:

It would be funny if Aurene blasted the city while screaming "He was my Grandpa!"

Fort Aspenwood forever!
    36 characters!

• Uden Reavstone.3426Uden Reavstone.3426 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019

@Omnicron.2467 said:
    Are we seeing any new content in this festival? I never did this before so not sure what looks new from the trailer. Looks like some fun content and a helm skin I have never seen before.

The last one was in old LA, so there's that. There's alot of other changes like that which can be seen by watching this trailer: Also, the OP said, "the new Dragon Arena," which is indeed new.

Speaking of, I can't help but notice that Dragon Arena was the GW1 minigame that Dragon Ball is based off on. What does that mean? Is Anet making something more akin to the GW1 Dragon Arena then Dragon Ball is? Are they scrapping Ball for Arena? Or is Arena going to be some new altogether?

The Charr shall rule!

The "kill the holographic dragon minion" event is new also the helmet. For rewards well, new guild hall decorations, recently they are added during each festival which is cool. Also moa race is 'new' haven't been seen since ls1 old Lion's arch.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Oh kitten, Watching the old dragon bash video. I remember playing it now. Looking forward to its glorious return.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019

OMG, best news in a while! <3 =)

P.S. Thank you. :)

• Erasculio.2914Erasculio.2914 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is Aurene going to appear? An Elder Dragon would be a nice party guess.

How about some anti eyes bleeding options? Here's the direct link to the concept.

• Wonder if it will have a visit from a certain group like the first bash... Hmmm?

• Hamfast.8719Hamfast.8719 Member ✭✭✭

I hope the original Dragon Bash music makes a comeback.

Build someone a fire, and they'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set someone on fire, and they'll be warm for the rest of their life.
    - Unknown Fire Elementalist

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm quite excited for this, so thank you, ANet. I took a long break from GW2 years ago and have never played it.

Also thank you for not making ANY of the festivals (SAB, Halloween, Wintersday, Four Winds) permanent. Rotation is great.

• leon.5364leon.5364 Member ✭✭

seem interesting would you mind arenanet.add a new tonic as reward ? like a tengu combats tonic ? i will appreciate and half the community will be happy

• Krypto.2069Krypto.2069 Member ✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to the Moa Races! I really enjoyed them the last time! :smiley:

Moonlight [THRU]

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ha! I still have Dragon Coffers and Moa Racing Tickets. +1 for us 'hoarders'.
    Sounds like fun!

• Gopaka.7839Gopaka.7839 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019

I am so happy that I was right !!! ^_^ You can check out my thread which I did on February 28, 2019, called [Suggestion] Bring Back Dragon Bash where I explain why I think the festival will return this year. Thank you Arenanet for making me so happy ! <3
    Edit: Even the dates are kinda similar!!! <3 <3 <3

• @Urgi.3504 said:

That and I'm pretty sure our new mount is a dragon too, at least kinda.

Super looking forward to this though. The Festival of the Four Winds from last year was a lot of fun.

• Myriada.7580Myriada.7580 Member ✭✭

Oh I'm so excited for the festival already! I started playing long after Dragon Bash came out, so I'm really looking forward to this :D

• MetalGirl.2370MetalGirl.2370 Member ✭✭✭

Ah yes, lovely......
    I'm playing since launch and I should have some unique skins that players who came later won't have.
    If I went to any other MMO and asked for events that were 5-6 years ago, they'd tell me off, let alone ask to get skins that came with it.
    Someone in another thread asks for Dragon Bash to return and got it .... while I and many more ask for hairs to come and get nothing . I guess that's maybe because it's easier to copy-paste already made things than actually make something new, even if it's just hairs. I don't know why I'm surprised tho...

STOP TELLING ME I'M NOT FORCED TO DO SOMETHING - I AM AN AP HUNTER SO YES, I HAVE TO DO IT
    ....AND GIVE HAIRSTYLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jolanda.1568Jolanda.1568 Member
    edited June 19, 2019

@hugo.4705 said:
    The "kill the holographic dragon minion" event is new also the helmet. For rewards well, new guild hall decorations, recently they are added during each festival which is cool. Also moa race is 'new' haven't been seen since ls1 old Lion's arch.

I had to watch to video twice to notice the helmet, lol. But I also saw a new holographic backpack skin while I watched the video the second time.:)

• Is the festival of the four winds coming this year or anet just keeps changing their mind for no reason?

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:
    Is the festival of the four winds coming this year or anet just keeps changing their mind for no reason?

It is coming back around the end of July.

• @Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:
    Is the festival of the four winds coming this year or anet just keeps changing their mind for no reason?

As I answered in a post just a little above yours, Anet said its an annual festival, so yes, it will be back this year again, and next year and so forth.

• Ze Dos Cavalos.6132Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019

As I answered in a post just a little above yours, Anet said its an annual festival, so yes, it will be back this year again, and next year and so forth.

I know that, they said last year it would be a annual thing, but now they are talking about dragon bash, so that means dragon bash finish on july16 and the week after we get the festival of four winds? They never did 2 festivals one after another like this.

I know that, they said last year it would be a annual thing, but now they are talking about dragon bash, so that means dragon bash finish on july16 and the week after we get the festival of four winds? They never did 2 festivals one after another like this.

Actually Festival of the Four Winds + Queen's Gauntlet ... so that makes 3 festivals. ;)

• Ze Dos Cavalos.6132Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019

@Gopaka.7839 said:

Actually Festival of the Four Winds + Queen's Gauntlet ... so that makes 3 festivals. ;)

Festival of the Four Winds is Labyrinthine Cliffs + Queen's Gauntlet, their rewards are connected so is only 1 festival

• @Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:

Well there will probably be 2 weeks or something between the festivals.

• Sensei Hoisen.9821Sensei Hoisen.9821 Member
    edited June 19, 2019

I've never been a part of this festival, so can't wait to see what it's about!

edited June 19, 2019

I hope that the floating rotating dragon statue at the middle of hoelbrak is a gh deco. :o And also those red/black gilded dragon banners >.>

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is it an annual event or just a one time thing?

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭

OMG I have never seen this, i cant wait to check it out! And when was the last time they did this?

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    Is it an annual event or just a one time thing?

Likely like the festival of the four winds it will become annual.

@Tiviana.2650 said:
    OMG I have never seen this, i cant wait to check it out! And when was the last time they did this?

Back in 2013 during the run time of LWS1

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.