Can someone explain me this?

Hi peopleI queued today with a guy higher rated than me how the kitten is possible that I lose more rating than him? I got -18 he got -13. Don't really know in numbers how much difference in rating we had, but I was 1518 trying to climb plat.Also what's going on with this +10 to +15 at best for win and when each loss is a -18 to -31? I'm 20 matches in after the placements

@Koen.1327 said:early matches, you might have noticed as well, give or take more pointsthe higher rated guy has probably played more games so his rating is stable, yours ain't yet

To be honest I only get less points, not more. And generally this wonky oscillation stopped in last season way before the 20 matches. So if lose a match, like the most recurring are -27, it's because I lost vs ppl lower rated than me, but if I win I only get +15 at best.Is this the matchmaking volountarely pushing me down to another rating?Getting afkers and thrower doesn't help to climb too. Like I know I cant be better then plat 2, because it's generally where I place myself at end of the seasons but this one has been particularely wonky

If he is higher rated than you, but gets less -rating on loses with you, the only possible way this could happen, is if he has many more games played than you, which will make his gains and loses much smaller than yours.

• During placement matches, if you were 1300 rating and got a win against 1300 players, you'd get a gain like +40, and a loss would be like -40.
  • By the end of a season after 200 games or so, if you were 1300 rating and got a win or loss vs. 1300 opponents, it would be like +9 or -9.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:If he is higher rated than you, but gets less -rating on loses with you, the only possible way this could happen, is if he has many more games played than you, which will make his gains and loses much smaller than yours.

• During placement matches, if you were 1300 rating and got a win against 1300 players, you'd get a gain like +40, and a loss would be like -40.
  • By the end of a season after 200 games or so, if you were 1300 rating and got a win or loss vs. 1300 opponents, it would be like +9 or -9.

Ok, seem right the number of matches counts. That has a logic.But why am I not getting those +27 and +31 but only lower value rating gain than the absolute value of the least impactfull rating loss?

I lost 2 games where I lost 0 points. I'm confused haha. Those 2 where back to back. I had a 5-6 win streak beforehand. I'm sitting at roughly 30 games played. Anyone got an answer for that?

I was plat past season. I got awful placement match (a lot of newbies and not playing the most optimal build) and I'm sitting at like 1300 hahahaha.

Actually I just had an instance today where I think a bug may be present.

1. I logged in and I only had like 16 games placed or something like that, so gains and loses should still be very large. I was only at 1508 rating at this point. I qued 1x game and won, and only received +9 rating, which doesn't make sense only 16 games in. For that to grant such low gain at only 1508 rating, I'd of had to have been against a team of all Gold 1 or possibly lower opponents, which is incredibly unlikely. And even then, at the start of a season only 16 games in, it should still be like +14.
  2. The VERY NEXT GAME that I qued, I was put against a top rated duo in the top 20. I lost the game and received -21, while I was at 1517 rating.

So... yeah, I actually believe you now. Something wrong with that.

It’s always been shit. And people will come and try to explain things and how it works and the math behind it and we be looking at the screen on -20 from. 500-0 game and be like “Fcuk this shiz bro”... the points makes no sense....Just once you think u are understanding it u get smacked with decays that make no sense but a push out