A power soulbeast pug just came and blew my mind

Unicorn Luna.5204

So I main a DH and as burst damage goes it's very rare that I'm pugging anything and someone else has faster burst than I do. It does happen but rarely is there much of a margin. There are plenty of classes that catch up and overtake in longer fights.

But just running CoE now with a friend and we pulled in some pugs. The last person to join was playing power Soulbeast and as far as burst DPS goes - this person was bursting faster than me and by quite a wide margin! It didn't seem to matter if I did a perfect rotation.

I asked them for their build and they just said it was "the normal sc build". One of my main alt's is a power soulbeast and runs that build. But I can't figure out what on earth I'm doing wrong because sure I can get it doing pretty good DPS but never have I beaten a DH's burst before.

Does anyone have some insight? I'm really mesmerised by this. And I want my SB to burn things as fast as that dudes. <3

Edit: I'm not running exactly the snowcrows power soulbeast build - I have runes of the scholar instead of the thief...

Ok so I'm not going to record my DH rotation in order to understand Power SB. Doesn't make sense. Suffice it to say I wasn't the only one in the party who's mind was blown by what was happening - we're all experienced players and given every bit of information we have and have practiced since seeing this guy: this was unusual.

The last thing I am thinking is maybe he was opening up with one wolf pack, worldy impact, whirling defense and starting their rotation that way which I'm going to try myself. Been playing with my power SB since this experience and have been getting better results the more I practice but still not catching up with DH burst.

idk its possible that Soulbeasts deal better burst with the first 3-4 strikes but a DH would go ahead after that depending on if the mob just got wrecked by double maul or not. Also kinda depends on if it was against a large or small boss...

@Nayaru.4716 said:Ok so I'm not going to record my DH rotation in order to understand Power SB. Doesn't make sense. Suffice it to say I wasn't the only one in the party who's mind was blown by what was happening - we're all experienced players and given every bit of information we have and have practiced since seeing this guy: this was unusual.

The last thing I am thinking is maybe he was opening up with one wolf pack, worldy impact, whirling defense and starting their rotation that way which I'm going to try myself. Been playing with my power SB since this experience and have been getting better results the more I practice but still not catching up with DH burst.

No the video is to prove that you're actually not bad at your class and getting 30k+ on golem.

Soulbeast has really good burst when done right. I dont know why people think its not as good. Im not a great player but if i time my burst cds right in the rotation it will out burst most other players in the opening. You just have to time the order of the cds right, they have a dif duration of time so to benefit from them all on opening you have to make sure you time them so they are all up at once. You have to have lightning fingers in order to take advantage. And you can keep that momentum through a long fight too you just have to keep the timing right and its a lot harder than it sounds. You have to time sicem vulture and owp as you open with maul bash impact swap to sword axe whirling def , PoS, impact, swap maul bash etc while watching to make sure you can time sicem and vulture etc into there and catch your biggest hitting spells with it. I use scholar runes too btw.

Like i said im not even good, i have had SB in my groups that do crazy damage better than i can do for sure, and topping other classes. I think its about liking the class you play and really learning it. A good SB player will beat out an average any other class player even if that class is considered op

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...