[Suggestion] Reduce the number of people in teams from 5 to 4

Vancho.8750

We can feel that the population is kinda low and it's getting worse , cause everything is overcharged so by reducing the number of players in a match it could reduce the volatility.Also you have probably noticed that fighting more than 3 people at the same time has become a game of luck after all of the power creep that has been added.It could be tested in a special tournament event for one if they have their doubts.So what do you think?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

It could be tested in a special tournament event for one if they have their doubts.I always like the idea of throwing various mechanics into a weekly bonus event. It helps mix up the routine. For PvP, I think many would appreciate it during off-season, especially if ANet had a series of such specials planned.

and how could we possibly be sure if ANet has anything planned if ANet will NEVER tell us anything except for the day of Balance Patch when we all anyway tear our hair out while reading even thoseJust asking

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

It could be tested in a special tournament event for one if they have their doubts.I always like the idea of throwing various mechanics into a weekly bonus event. It helps mix up the routine. For PvP, I think many would appreciate it during off-season, especially if ANet had a series of such specials planned.

and how could we possibly be sure if ANet has anything planned if ANet will NEVER tell us anything except for the day of Balance Patch when we all anyway tear our hair out while reading even thoseJust askingLike Ben says it's on the table
. The problem is that they are in Bellevue and the table might be in the jungles of Africa, rain forests in the Amazon or the tundra of Siberia.

@Vancho.8750 said:We can feel that the population is kinda low and it's getting worse , cause everything is overcharged so by reducing the number of players in a match it could reduce the volatility.Also you have probably noticed that fighting more than 3 people at the same time has become a game of luck after all of the power creep that has been added.It could be tested in a special tournament event for one if they have their doubts.So what do you think?

The current maps would not work with 4v4. It will become too solo centric, which neither the game balance or design support.

5 people to 4 people...mmm......this could be really interesting......fights to me always seem capable and underatandable from 2v2 to 4v4...but once that 5th person joins the fight....usually a meamer that creats garbage/visual clutter clones, or a 1500 range pew pew ranger, or a invisible backstab thf or a spamy p/p thf. The match just becomes practically un-understandable.Id be real intrested in a weekend of 4v4 conquest.

@otto.5684 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:We can feel that the population is kinda low and it's getting worse , cause everything is overcharged so by reducing the number of players in a match it could reduce the volatility.Also you have probably noticed that fighting more than 3 people at the same time has become a game of luck after all of the power creep that has been added.It could be tested in a special tournament event for one if they have their doubts.So what do you think?

The current maps would not work with 4v4. It will become too solo centric, which neither the game balance or design support.

Given how many complaints there are about AFKers, a lot of matches already are 4x4 (or less).I dunno if making if formal 4x4 would make things worse or better. My thinking is that it would be interesting to find out what actually happens if they tried it (for a week anyhow).

I would like to have a 10 player death match. No nodes and no teams, just kill and be killed.

The rules will be easy: death = -1 point. Getting a kill = +1 point. The match times out at 7 minutes with the player on the highest points winning, or the first player to reach 25 points within the allocated 7 minutes.

@"James.1065" said:I would like to have a 10 player death match. No nodes and no teams, just kill and be killed.

This is already planned, not as a pvp ranked mode but still.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/578373/#Comment_578373

@topic:My first reaction was 'WAT?! why?" but.. why not give it a shot either right? some special tournaments during off-season won't hurt I guess.On a sidenote: While there are a lot of "Single-Q only ftw!"-guys out there, there are also a lot of duo Q guys so just removing it would probably bring its own sideeffects like even more people leaving since they can't play with a friend anymore and such. That being said, duo Q in a 4v4 would even be more impactful than it already is and a lot of people already hate the advantage of queuing together. Just wanted to put that in the room.

Ranked should have a mechanic for specific terms at which the game can be played.

Like one season should be single queue only or due queue.

The system of having 5 people always in a party shouldn’t exist in pvp if there isn’t enough people active to keep fighting others within the ranked leagues.

I think as the pvp population gets lower marches should have a handicap of lowering the match population itself to counter that.

The issue is the mode is really hard to get into as a new player and has become really, really stale for veteran players, my suggestion is to make it less overbearing.And i'm also on the opinion that they should probably shelve it for a 3v3 2v2 arena deathmatch, since it is simple and yet fun mode which is not in a game that is almost third person fighting game like Mortal Combat and Street Fighter.

Why not give this a shot? I like it.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

and how could we possibly be sure if ANet has anything planned if ANet will NEVER tell us anything except for the day of Balance Patch when we all anyway tear our hair out while reading even thoseJust askingLike Ben says it's on the table
. The problem is that they are in Bellevue and the table might be in the jungles of Africa, rain forests in the Amazon or the tundra of Siberia.

I lost the updates down in Affffricaaa.. (Betcha you just got the song stuck in your head)