Scourge in WvW

kyllar.6907

I normally play a Mirage or Herald in WvW but have decided to role a Scourge. I know there will be a learning curve of the class but trying to figure out where to start(condition or power). I like to get into large zergs but also roam with small groups so what build would work best? Thanks in advance for any help.

@"kyllar.6907" said:I normally play a Mirage or Herald in WvW but have decided to role a Scourge. I know there will be a learning curve of the class but trying to figure out where to start(condition or power). I like to get into large zergs but also roam with small groups so what build would work best? Thanks in advance for any help.

I suggest watching Hobo's recent Scourge videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBHGaKxX6392J6GRq5LFNdg

Or catch him live on his stream here.

https://www.twitch.tv/thecozert

The best Scourge Solo/Small scale roamer I've seen since POF started tbh.His recent Anti-toxin Marshal build is also a blast to play.I have tried playing a variant of his build and its great.

His build here:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJArfnE9CN9il3AG3As9ilgBLKpFAiAUXhpwvSvu+XHsA-jlRZQB6T9H4pHAAKNsz+DEUZWCVCSKApVWB-w

• 2 weeks later...

@zabandija.9623 said:Returning playera here, is heal necro a thing for wvw or anything? I wanted to try it out for a while

Pls don't do it.At least not the version with transfusion.You will most likely kill downed people instead of rezzing them. Cause nowadays, a lot of people look out for those pulls.Pulling downed players together makes it easier for the enemy to spike finish (spike) them.

But honestly. Necro is one of the best dmg dealers and the best corrupt bot in wvw. Don't play healer!

@kyllar.6907 said:Thanks it looks awesome. How is it with small groups or solo roaming?

without support u cant do shit on scourge.reaper/core necro are far better off solo

@Nimon.7840 said:

@zabandija.9623 said:Returning playera here, is heal necro a thing for wvw or anything? I wanted to try it out for a while

Pls don't do it.At least not the version with transfusion.You will most likely kill downed people instead of rezzing them. Cause nowadays, a lot of people look out for those pulls.Pulling downed players together makes it easier for the enemy to spike finish (spike) them.

But honestly. Necro is one of the best dmg dealers and the best corrupt bot in wvw. Don't play healer!

hmm i do it, not so hard to move to sides and pull em there.ur answer doesnt make sense tho, if u move correct ur most likely dead on same spot anyway and ur laying in scourge crap thats pulsing so ur gonna die anyway, if necro pulls u have more chance to survive then when ur laying on same crap spot.

tho i do not play blood scourge in public tags cus people will just cry when they do die and didnt get a res, no1 is gonna give u credit if u did res up few people only when they die they will cry their eye balls out.anyway in raids im trolling around on this build not that my guild wants it but i have fun on it, if things get serious i do switch to power scourge or something completely different.

then again if ur in raid and u say ur gonna pull it can save ton of people cus people can almost insta do the guardian port on all of em while ur well is reviving and ur reviving etc but thats in a perfect case.

yes, personally i wouldnt play it unless u wanna fuck around like me.but hammering on blood scourge saying its bad is wrong also.

@reddie.5861 said:

@kyllar.6907 said:Thanks it looks awesome. How is it with small groups or solo roaming?

without support u cant do kitten on scourge.reaper/core necro are far better off solo

hmm i do it, not so hard to move to sides and pull em there.ur answer doesnt make sense tho, if u move correct ur most likely dead on same spot anyway and ur laying in scourge kitten thats pulsing so ur gonna die anyway, if necro pulls u have more chance to survive then when ur laying on same kitten spot.

tho i do not play blood scourge in public tags cus people will just cry when they do die and didnt get a res, no1 is gonna give u credit if u did res up few people only when they die they will cry their eye balls out.anyway in raids im trolling around on this build not that my guild wants it but i have fun on it, if things get serious i do switch to power scourge or something completely different.

then again if ur in raid and u say ur gonna pull it can save ton of people cus people can almost insta do the guardian port on all of em while ur well is reviving and ur reviving etc but thats in a perfect case.

yes, personally i wouldnt play it unless u wanna kitten around like me.but hammering on blood scourge saying its bad is wrong also.

Try to tell that any good wvw player xD

@reddie.5861 said:tho i do not play blood scourge in public tags cus people will just cry when they do die and didnt get a res, no1 is gonna give u credit if u did res up few people only when they die they will cry their eye balls out.anyway in raids im trolling around on this build not that my guild wants it but i have fun on it, if things get serious i do switch to power scourge or something completely different.

yes, personally i wouldnt play it unless u wanna kitten around like me.but hammering on blood scourge saying its bad is wrong also.

It's easier for the enemy to bomb a small spot with downed enemies than cleaving them when they're split. Also there is potential for rezz banners to miss the target. There are not many rezz banners around but they're better than transfusion.

edit:I'm talking about uncoorinated transfusion spam. Obviously coordiantion can make it work.

@Jethro.9376 said:

@reddie.5861 said:tho i do not play blood scourge in public tags cus people will just cry when they do die and didnt get a res, no1 is gonna give u credit if u did res up few people only when they die they will cry their eye balls out.anyway in raids im trolling around on this build not that my guild wants it but i have fun on it, if things get serious i do switch to power scourge or something completely different.

It's easier for the enemy to bomb a small spot with downed enemies than cleaving them when they're split. Also there is potential for rezz banners to miss the target. There are not many rezz banners around but they're better than transfusion.

edit:I'm talking about uncoorinated transfusion spam. Obviously coordiantion can make it work.

i mean lets take things very serious..

if enemy blob is somewhat decent they move like a ballif ur blob is decent u move like a ball.

if any of these balls happen to crack, the few downs u will have are on same spot already laying in bombs that have been dropped and are most likely pulsing.so in this case if u pull ur buddies off the pulsing skills u might still kill em but they would have died otherwise also.

thats why im trying to explain when enemy does proper bomb most of downs are on pulsing wells/lava fonts/shades etc so ur pull is gonna make no different if its just for the fuck of it pull ;Pif u pull and try res and u get bombed then to bad but atleast u tried if u had done nothing they would have died earlier.

obviously i know ur talking about the zone blobs where people in generally move around not so tight and then yes ur just gonna stack up all ur allies on 1 spot, but again im pretty sure they would have died anyway even if u had done nothing.

@reddie.5861 said:i mean lets take things very serious..

if enemy blob is somewhat decent they move like a ballif ur blob is decent u move like a ball.

if any of these balls happen to crack, the few downs u will have are on same spot already laying in bombs that have been dropped and are most likely pulsing.so in this case if u pull ur buddies off the pulsing skills u might still kill em but they would have died otherwise also.

thats why im trying to explain when enemy does proper bomb most of downs are on pulsing wells/lava fonts/shades etc so ur pull is gonna make no different if its just for the kitten of it pull ;Pif u pull and try res and u get bombed then to bad but atleast u tried if u had done nothing they would have died earlier.

obviously i know ur talking about the zone blobs where people in generally move around not so tight and then yes ur just gonna stack up all ur allies on 1 spot, but again im pretty sure they would have died anyway even if u had done nothing.

In my experience the only blobs that move like a ball are guild groups and they ususally don't use transfusion let alone BM.

Sure if you go down in a big encounter you're most likely going to die anyway. This gives transfusion really niche uses with a lot of ifs and whens.

Don't use transfusion in wvw, scourge has bad access to stability. So you pop transfusion, then get pulled by a mesmer, it continues to tick for 9s, you pull all of your groups downs into the bomb while you bleed out. This rallies the entire enemy group and loses the fight. All it takes is one mesmer to wipe your whole group