Request of consumable item: Death Button

@Alin.2468 said:I request from ArenaNet a consumable item in game, that will kill a player randomly. Basically is an item, that when used, some random online character, somewhere, dies instantly. It will be fun because of statistics: how many buttons were used, how many players used this consumable and how many times.

This can be extended by giving a message towards the random player being killed, as to why the player pressed it.

The idea is not mine, it is from a sci-fi movie called The Box.

My primary reaction to the idea is that I'm not a fan. I can only see this being doable if the random kill can only happen to players who have also consumed the item. Kind of like a combat tonic where you can only fight people who are participating, this kill effect should only impact participants.

@Orion Templar.4589 said:

@Alin.2468 said:I request from ArenaNet a consumable item in game, that will kill a player randomly. Basically is an item, that when used, some random online character, somewhere, dies instantly. It will be fun because of statistics: how many buttons were used, how many players used this consumable and how many times.

This can be extended by giving a message towards the random player being killed, as to why the player pressed it.

The idea is not mine, it is from a sci-fi movie called The Box.

My primary reaction to the idea is that I'm not a fan. I can only see this being doable if the random kill can only happen to players who have also consumed the item. Kind of like a combat tonic where you can only fight people who are participating, this kill effect should only impact participants.

That is actually kind of how it worked in the film. You where given a box and told if you pushed the button a random unknown person would die and you would receive a ton of money. The catch was if you did press the button the box was then given to another random person who was told the same thing, but if they pressed the button you would be the one to die.

I do not really see how something like this could be used in game, just sounds like a really bad idea.