Dragon Bash Returns Next Week

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:Is the festival of the four winds coming this year or anet just keeps changing their mind for no reason?

As I answered in a post just a little above yours, Anet said its an annual festival, so yes, it will be back this year again, and next year and so forth.

I know that, they said last year it would be a annual thing, but now they are talking about dragon bash, so that means dragon bash finish on july16 and the week after we get the festival of four winds? They never did 2 festivals one after another like this.

Well there will probably be 2 weeks or something between the festivals.

it will be interesting to see such a close placement of festival events. if that is the case probably is good because the next update we might be looking at a longer period than expected.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:To the devs, what made the choice for Hoelbrak?The Norn are still under tyranny of Svanir and the Serpent.Rather, the Charr were impacted the most by the brand.If anything, the black citadel should be celebrating the conquest over Kralkatorrik.

Problem with Black Citadel is that compared to Hoelbrak, there isnt much open space, which is needed for a festival, atleast in my opinion. And didnt you watch the trailer? It looks absolutely lovely, I just cannot see such a festival happen in Black Citadel because its not so pretty there.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:To the devs, what made the choice for Hoelbrak?The Norn are still under tyranny of Svanir and the Serpent.Rather, the Charr were impacted the most by the brand.If anything, the black citadel should be celebrating the conquest over Kralkatorrik.

Problem with Black Citadel is that compared to Hoelbrak, there isnt much open space, which is needed for a festival, atleast in my opinion. And didnt you watch the trailer? It looks absolutely lovely, I just cannot see such a festival happen in Black Citadel because its not so pretty there.

You might be right about the spacing.As for the trailer, the (festive) Norn know how to throw a party, that's not my concern.But they lost the littlest to this dragon in particular and Hoelbrak itself is not safe, still, although that's a different concern.As for black citadel being not do pretty, neither is Hoelbrak. Dull with nothing but snow and wood. What makes the festival is the decorations, colours, fireworks, people and what else have you.The festival makes the area pretty

For the city, it's surely because Black citadel hosted a festival in the past: the tomb of blood prince thorn. Sure it wasn't within the city, but that's why hoelbrak was chosen, nothing never happened there. For the security, well, isn't jormag/primordy asleep and steve far away?

@hugo.4705 said:For the city, it's surely because Black citadel hosted a festival in the past: the tomb of blood prince thorn. Sure it wasn't within the city, but that's why hoelbrak was chosen, nothing never happened there. For the security, well, isn't jormag/primordy asleep and steve far away?

Yea, the Serpent is asleep,But i can imagine the SoS are more riled up than ever now.they're burning Braham in effigy

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

You might be right about the spacing.As for the trailer, the (festive) Norn know how to throw a party, that's not my concern.But they lost the littlest to this dragon in particular and Hoelbrak itself is not safe, still, although that's a different concern.As for black citadel being not do pretty, neither is Hoelbrak. Dull with nothing but snow and wood. What makes the festival is the decorations, colours, fireworks, people and what else have you.The festival makes the area pretty

I think that dullness lends itself to the festival, whereas Black Citadel is already graphically quite busy (and at times the most fps killing for me at least). I think much of the decorations would be lost amongst the Citadel's structures

@"lare.5129" said:So 4-winds fest is off this year ?Why would it be "off"?

or after Dragon Bash we have 1-2 week pause and again fest ??

DB ends on 16 July. The Festival of the Four Winds has been held as a "festival" (meaning a repeating/recurring special event) only once, so there's no pattern for it to follow. Last year, it began on 24 July and ended on 14 August

If FotFW starts on the equivalent week this year, it could start on 23 July, with a one week gap between events.

Or ANet could decide that they want a bit more room and begin it on 30 July. They might reduce the duration to two weeks, so still ending mid-August.

tl;dr it could be any of a variety of things

Personally, I'm not fussed: my favorite period of GW2 was the first year, when things were happening all the time. I'd be happy to see that again, even if it would mean I'd miss some events and much of it would be recycled/reused from year to year.

Well, the charr are a rather businesslike folk. Not sure how Rytlock and Smodur would take to festival-goers singing and swatting pinatas while moas run amok.

;)

This is all a pre-text to balancing the game economy after purple jewelry floods the market. So Aurene has to come in and create a blue jewelry market and brand everyone over after they sing bash the dragon. She will spare the thieves and mesmers though because they already can't fight back.

Usually for this there would be an update and you get a mail. Soon 4pm UTC time usually. Also if you sit in the area you might not even see it till the new instances are loaded (if no patch needed) or once you rebooted to get the update. Then all the world boss trains will be heading that way - just don't get hurt in the stampede.

Oh i am so happy. it's just hours from now. playing since launch, Dragon bash was one of the favorite festivals i really enjoyed....many screenshots then, now time for some new screenshots to add to the collection of memories :D. hums dragon bash over and over