Playing Guild Wars 2 on Linux - Performance optimizations and more.

@"ArmoredVehicle.2849" said:SNIP

Thank you for responding!This Imgur thread has all the info you asked for: https://imgur.com/a/uJ53xx7Edit: I just tried ultra settings again and it seems to have stopped working. The mount still shows the pitch black parts.Edit2: Thanks to another poster I remembered that when I tried that out I was also trying out the d9vk version. I rolled it back because it caused an issue with right-click to move camera where the mouse was still visible and didn't give me any performance improvements.

@draconicrose.6213 said:

@"ArmoredVehicle.2849" said:SNIP

Thank you for responding!This Imgur thread has all the info you asked for:
Edit: I just tried ultra settings again and it seems to have stopped working. The mount still shows the pitch black parts.Edit2: Thanks to another poster I remembered that when I tried that out I was also trying out the d9vk version. I rolled it back because it caused an issue with right-click to move camera where the mouse was still visible and didn't give me any performance improvements.

I have a GTX 760 I could try the game on, might take till saturday though. In the meantime you could try the latest GW2 package where the mouse issue is fixed, as a secondary step you can also try upgrading your driver to 418.52.10 which includes a fix for the sun in GW2. The driver version may be misleading since it appears a lower version than your current one, however it is the most modern one for Vulkan.

Out of curiosity, if you preview the mount in the window like in my screenshot, does it also appear like that?

@"ArmoredVehicle.2849" said:Out of curiosity, if you preview the mount in the window like in my screenshot, does it also appear like that?It's the last screenshot in the Imgur album. It still appears pitch black!I will try the other suggestions though and let you know how it goes! Thank you for your help.Edit: Tried the latest package, game keeps crashing, here is the debug.sh output: http://dpaste.com/0PVHFEBEdit2: The crash only seems to happen when loading into Mistlock Sanctuary. Other maps stutter like hell with the patch even on the lowest settings. I'll try the beta driver now.Edit3: Tried different drivers, no joy. Game crashes. :(

@draconicrose.6213 said:

@"ArmoredVehicle.2849" said:Out of curiosity, if you preview the mount in the window like in my screenshot, does it also appear like that?It's the last screenshot in the Imgur album. It still appears pitch black!I will try the other suggestions though and let you know how it goes! Thank you for your help.Edit: Tried the latest package, game keeps crashing, here is the debug.sh output:
Edit2: The crash only seems to happen when loading into Mistlock Sanctuary. Other maps stutter like hell with the patch even on the lowest settings. I'll try the beta driver now.Edit3: Tried different drivers, no joy. Game crashes. :(

The messages you're getting "too many files open" means you need to apply the fix I mentioned in the troubleshooting section on page 1 and is also the reason why the game is crashing. This fix is not exclusive to GW2, it affects a few other games too.

@ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:

@ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:Out of curiosity, if you preview the mount in the window like in my screenshot, does it also appear like that?It's the last screenshot in the Imgur album. It still appears pitch black!I will try the other suggestions though and let you know how it goes! Thank you for your help.Edit: Tried the latest package, game keeps crashing, here is the debug.sh output:
Edit2: The crash only seems to happen when loading into Mistlock Sanctuary. Other maps stutter like hell with the patch even on the lowest settings. I'll try the beta driver now.Edit3: Tried different drivers, no joy. Game crashes. :(

The messages you're getting "too many files open" means you need to apply the fix I mentioned in the troubleshooting section on page 1 and is also the reason why the game is crashing. This fix is not exclusive to GW2, it affects a few other games too.

Sorry, I skipped that part completely!After applying the fixes, the game loads and plays well, there's no mouse issues and my skyscale issue has been fixed! Thank you very much for your help!

@draconicrose.6213 said:

@ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:Out of curiosity, if you preview the mount in the window like in my screenshot, does it also appear like that?It's the last screenshot in the Imgur album. It still appears pitch black!I will try the other suggestions though and let you know how it goes! Thank you for your help.Edit: Tried the latest package, game keeps crashing, here is the debug.sh output:

Sorry, I skipped that part completely!After applying the fixes, the game loads and plays well, there's no mouse issues and my skyscale issue has been fixed! Thank you very much for your help!

Glad you solved it and everything's running well :)

Am i the only one having alt-tab issue (game wont really altab, it will continue hide the other windows altoughth not focused)When using d9vk with wine 4.9 protonified?When running wine 3.16 pba without d9vk, alt-tab works just fine

So i have some great news this morning.D9vk and arcdps finally working togather, right now on a sidebranch (fixed-function), thanks to Joshua :)Only matter of time till it merges into master

Edit: to make it work place d9vk d3d9.dll as d3d9_chainload.dll

@DxCx.8653 said:So i have some great news this morning.D9vk and arcdps finally working togather, right now on a sidebranch (fixed-function), thanks to Joshua :)Only matter of time till it merges into master

Edit: to make it work place d3d9.dll as arcdps_chainload.dll

Does it work perfectly or is there still some functions missing? I'm planning to update the package soon.

By 'place' do you mean rename the file? I'm asking so I can plan ahead how to implement it :)

@ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:

@"DxCx.8653" said:So i have some great news this morning.D9vk and arcdps finally working togather, right now on a sidebranch (fixed-function), thanks to Joshua :)Only matter of time till it merges into master

Edit: to make it work place d3d9.dll as d3d9_chainload.dll

Does it work perfectly or is there still some functions missing? I'm planning to update the package soon.

By 'place' do you mean rename the file? I'm asking so I can plan ahead how to implement it :)

Yeah, works good no missing functions (not that i could tell at least)

And, yeah, just rename the file :) should be under bin64/d3d9_chainload.dll

Ive posted a reddit post with link to latest build on that branch:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/c2zl1q/arcdps_finally_works_with_d9vk_vulkan/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

i dont know what i'm doing wrong but i can't get arcdps to work with d9vk, i renamed the file from d9vk as you said but with the standalone client from this thread nothing happens i get no dxvk hud and no arcdps, i tried with lutris and i get a dxvk hud but no arcdps, i am using the fixed function modified version and running ubuntu 19.04, most up to date nvidia drivers

Update Announcement:

I've updated the D9VK packages to include arcdps support, also as a complimentary addition I've added a small tool to help you install arcdps easily. Full changelog available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kG0HzKR6-LHqDEgDjsceLlk3TGMiLPMOEN5CVYa9vgQ

Important:For this update some important files had to be moved around, it is highly recommended to setup the game from fresh and then move in the 'Gw2.dat' file from your old one.

Let me know if you come across any issues and enjoy your weekend :)

@"ArmoredVehicle.2849" said:Update Announcement:

I've updated the D9VK packages to include arcdps support, also as a complimentary addition I've added a small tool to help you install arcdps easily. Full changelog available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kG0HzKR6-LHqDEgDjsceLlk3TGMiLPMOEN5CVYa9vgQ

Important:For this update some important files had to be moved around, it is highly recommended to setup the game from fresh and then move in the 'Gw2.dat' file from your old one.

Let me know if you come across any issues and enjoy your weekend :)

it works great most of the time. But I had 2 crashes in 2 days using it - which is something I never had before. Can't see a pattern yet. One time dragonfall doing ley bosses, one time wvw during a more lull siege action. On the other hand it performed well during all the sieges and blob fights in the 3h preceeding the crash. So again, no pattern.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:it works great most of the time. But I had 2 crashes in 2 days using it - which is something I never had before. Can't see a pattern yet. One time dragonfall doing ley bosses, one time wvw during a more lull siege action. On the other hand it performed well during all the sieges and blob fights in the 3h preceeding the crash. So again, no pattern.

May not be a Wine/d9vk's issue, just yesterday I had 2 crashes in the span of 30mins, crashes that I've never seen before I might say, and the only thing that changed was a game update. Best suggestion I can give is to upload screenshots of the crash.

there is no screenshot. Game closes and I get the 'please uninstall all 3rd party addons before reporting anything' popup. Since it only started after enabling arcdps, I blame that - and at the moment I treat it like a little price I have to pay for using that tool. Not game breaking for me.

will turn on console debug output to see if something shows up there.

The gw2 error log itself is prob not really helpful. It starts with--> Crash <--Assertion: val <= 0x003FFFFFFile: ......\Core\Basics\Windows\Math.cpp(200)

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:'please uninstall all 3rd party addons before reporting anything' popup.

I never saw this message, admittedly I didn't test out arcdps much as I don't use the tool. D9VK development activity has been quite busy lately, I'm currently waiting for a few more updates and will release a newer package soon.

As per my crashes from yesterday, today I played for a total of 8hrs, 6 in the morning and 2 just now. No crashes at all, the game has a mind of its' own and sometimes goes haywire :-)

@DxCx.8653 said:More D9VK news, fixed functions merged to master, meaning that master build will now work with arcdps as well :)

Thanks for the news, I'll be testing out the new additions and update the package accordingly :)

--In other news:

I have updated the Legacy packages (OpenGL/WineD3D) to fix one but very important issue (a regression). Some settings were supposed to be loaded before the game launches, they were however at the end of the launch script (after the game launches) and were not being loaded. Initially this was working but I accidentally broke it when restructuring the launch scripts.

Note: This update is only intended for those running on hardware without Vulkan support but still wish to play GW2 on Linux.