The elite spec you want for your main

Invisible Kittens.6380

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Kuulpb.5412" said:Either Sword/Longbow Necromancer "Ritualist" ( think gw1 spirit strength + splinter barrage)or a longbow/Shortbow/Dualpistol Vampire hunter Necromancer focusing on vampiric abilities and lifesteal.

Yeah that's similar to my other one, I want a necromancer elite spec that calls back to Marjory's detective roots in the Noir-iest way possible haha!

• 2 weeks later...

As warrior main: I want Firebrand!

Why? Well, the class mechanic is broken overpowered replacement of a old class mechanic that provides all utilities a class needs to be good :-) will perfectly work with warrior (and all other classes) too!And finally brings some complexity and variance to the warrior class.

If that is not possible: Paragon (GW1)

Demon defier necro spec that uses hybrid dps of condi and power. Green glowing magical whip with at least one leap skill,defensive skill,aoe skill and high dps skill. Has 3 dodges functioning similar to bound and its mechanic is as it builds up life force it can on a small cooldown swap from using CD on its attacks to using its life force between it's two weaponsets until life forse is demolished. Can be cancelled at any time with 7 sec cooldown before can be used again. Know it sounds thiefy but be cool to have one necro mobile spec with the same cool flavor the other necro specs have.loses access to all minions and gains a instant tele or somthing, would go great with spectral utilities.

@Auburner.6945 said:Archer Elementalist with range as main source of damage with 1-2 skills/attunement that are melee so that it can actually do something in close combat.

Archer ele isn't that bad of an idea, especially if it's longbow so it can have a real ranged spec for once instead of always melee. 1500 tooltip range would also be awesome if the devs were willing to give that. However, if you want both ranged and melee in the same weapon then it has to be greatsword.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@Auburner.6945 said:Archer Elementalist with range as main source of damage with 1-2 skills/attunement that are melee so that it can actually do something in close combat.

Archer ele isn't that bad of an idea, especially if it's longbow so it can have a real ranged spec for once instead of always melee. 1500
tooltip
range would also be awesome if the devs were willing to give that. However, if you want both ranged and melee in the same weapon then it has to be greatsword.

What I meant is something like a knockback/launch/etc. or some heavy conditions, stuff like that. 1 or 2 skills that wpuld be melee for every attunement. I was thinking of Longbow with dagger built-in with it or with the mechanic.

Greatsword is a good idea too. Just give us a two-handed weapon, we only got 1.

I added some more detail to my thief concept in its own post but it's styled after the GW1 Assassin and it brings back attack chains and some spell-type skills to evoke hexes. It's a tougher frontline fighter that gives thief more mid-range and area damage, and has options to build into enemy debilitation/support/tank. The trade-offs are less front-loaded burst, less advantage from stealth, and a change to the class resource.

Reminds me of Magick Archer from Dragon's Dogma. And according to some other games I've played, archers are really good at kicking. As long as the longbow isn't 100% compulsory for the class, since that wouldn't seem fitting with Anet's elite spec design policy.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Warrior with Conjunction skills.Call it, "The Weapon Master"Melee Staff as main weapon. Can create weapons for self and allies to use.

do you mean Conjure skills perhaps?

Conjunction warrior is one of the forum warrior's e-spec.

hey dont knock the idea before you give it a chance.The Elite Specialization would have minor traits that enhance the Warrior's Conjure skills, while adding bonuses to the weapons for allies depending on the major traits.Each Conjure skill is unique and provides different play styles.

I would like a Revenant elite spec with a legend that focus on Minions. each skill summons minions like Necromancer, and the active skills cost energy to use and replace summon skills. they stay active while legend swapping. Holding the minion skills down will trigger a consume skill that will send the minion skill into cooldown.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Conjunction warrior is one of the forum warrior's e-spec.

hey dont knock the idea before you give it a chance.The Elite Specialization would have minor traits that enhance the Warrior's Conjure skills, while adding bonuses to the weapons for allies depending on the major traits.Each Conjure skill is unique and provides different play styles.

Ah... You didn't get the joke...Let me give you some hints. "Conjunction" is related to "grammar". If you add a word beginning by "N" to "grammar", you'll get the name of this famous e-spec that forum warriors can use.

NB.: If after all this you still don't get the joke, here is a last hint: the word "Warrior" in "forum warrior" isn't related to the gw2 warrior's profession.

Tank ranger.

We got DPS (Soul Beast), we got healing (Druid), all we need is tank spec (???) to become the entire holy trinity in 1 class. Also cuz I like animalistic pets/minions and I like tanking.

Hammer weapon as an ode to the bunny thumper builds of Gw1. Or maybe become land-spear d00ds to egg on a hunter image and set a precedent.

Make the play-style an act of constantly juggling aggro between you and the pet. Have the special abilities behave differently depending on whether the pet or you have a shared target's attention so that aggro-swapping isn't just about boosting EHP.

@"Jheuloh.4109" said:Tank ranger.

We got DPS (Soul Beast), we got healing (Druid), all we need is tank spec (???) to become the entire holy trinity in 1 class. Also cuz I like animalistic pets/minions and I like tanking.

Hammer weapon as an ode to the bunny thumper builds of Gw1. Or maybe become land-spear d00ds to egg on a hunter image and set a precedent.

Make the play-style an act of constantly juggling aggro between you and the pet. Have the special abilities behave differently depending on whether the pet or you have a shared target's attention so that aggro-swapping isn't just about boosting EHP.

The issue is that it's not how it work in GW2. Tanking with a ranger is already very easy, soulbeast as an example can very well build to be unkillable with an insane amount of EHP, albeit with a lower amount of damage output. In GW2 the "tank" is, before everything else, a support and ranger have already more than enough support already in it's kit.

If I'm gonna indulge in pipe dreaming I might as well have fun with it!

Or alternatively, make my own game. I un-ironically aspire to this one. Granted, what I want to make has nothing to do with what's in this thread. I want to basically make the promised land for alt-o-holics like myself.

More seriously, if I were to develop this idea further the emphasis wouldn't be on EHP. The emphasis would be on who's being targeted. Say, Ability X delivers confusion to the target and vigor to the player if the player is aggro'd by the shared (Marked? Hunted?) target. If pet is targeted, the attack delivers poison and gives might to teammates. If the shared target is focusing on neither player nor pet, do nothing. If aggro is exchanged before the effect ends, give a shot of stability to the character who took aggro and quickness to the character who lost aggro.

Don't think too hard about an actual use-case for what I just made up, it's just for example's sake.

• 4 weeks later...

Minister support thief behind the shadows doesn't kill/dps just disables/blinds/stealths/reveals stealths/some version of evades to others would be equivalent to aegis distortion, vulnrable to being picked off if careless about positioning and has to be "out if position" to do uts job then skillfully retreat. Focus off hand. Nobles/Faren/CM themed.

Now, My main is Necromancer, but I will list a few I would like:

Necromancer - Ritualist - NOTHING fits better.

Warrior - Knight - dual shieldz

Guardian - Monk - perhaps it’d become a healer vs firebrand’s “boon and heal”, trade boons for absurd healing.

Ranger - Bunny thumper - hammer gw1

Mesmer - Enchanter - Trade Clones on enemies to clones on allies (and yourself).

Thief - Assassin - because, you know...

• 4 weeks later...