At this point, I'm fine with them being on the store.

@"Aodlop.1907" said:As long as you make non-trenchcoats leather chest pieces, I'll be completely fine with buying them with gems. Just make some.Please.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elegyarmor(medium)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Requiemarmor(medium)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Shardarmor(medium)

All available to earn in game. Go crazy!

You've got to be kidding. None of them look good for the medium armor category. All awful designs IMO, also too much metal for medium armor. I prefer classy leather armor or anything that has a classic high fantasy look to it. Miss those, there are very few well done medium pieces in GW2.

You've got to be kidding. None of them look good for the medium armor category. All awful designs IMO, also too much metal for medium armor. I prefer classy leather armor or anything that has a classic high fantasy look to it. Miss those, there are very few well done medium pieces in GW2.

Didn't say they were nice looking (I think both the Light and Medium are ugly as well), but you wanted non-buttcape leather chests, and there ya go :)

So I finally finally finally completed the event where you turn in five amalgamated gemstones and get the funerary chestpiece. The top looks fantastic......except for the batwing out-of-nowhere for zero reason buttcape. Wat. Seriously. Who on earth thought that looked good. Even some sort of draped material that matched. But a random half-scale?

Anyway the point was, I agree with OP. Please. A nice, stopping-at-the-waist leather top would be amazing. No crystals, spikes, wings, blood, shards, metal dohickeys, skulls, rattles, etc. PLAIN. LEATHER. If you absolutely must put something then make the leather patched or in patterns maybe some buttons. Maybe. Nothing too crazy. Please.

And that goes for both sexes. I play soulbeast holosmith and thief and they are all wearing townclothes except for the soulbeast who tries to look crazy.

Might even be a little bit longer. Although what I'd want most right now would be something like female Krytan Jerkin but for males. And if I go totally wild-dreaming - it would be nice if 3/4 of armors did NOT make the guys all barrel-like bulky... "Hi, I'm a bit too skinny so I wrapped three blankets around my torso to look more manly."It's sad that after 4 years of existence, my main toon is still wearing the rawhide vest most of the time, because it's one of the least annoying male medium chest pieces - for me anyway (reasonably short, has short sleeves, no stupid decorations good only to kill him while evading, no choker nor a collar trying to cut the poor guy's head off. And doesn't make him look fat).

@Etria.3642 said:Anyway the point was, I agree with OP. Please. A nice, stopping-at-the-waist leather top would be amazing. No crystals, spikes, wings, blood, shards, metal dohickeys, skulls, rattles, etc. PLAIN. LEATHER. If you absolutely must put something then make the leather patched or in patterns maybe some buttons. Maybe. Nothing too crazy. Please.

I would love that. I would love some short, symmetrical, leather jacket, sleeves that don't flare out. Something without butt capes, side capes, front capes, thigh armour, or anything else that drapes past the waistline.

I'd say that, in general, when you're designing armour pieces and you get to the end you should delete the last two or three pieces of embellishment you've added. I think that most sets of armour would have been improved by being a bit less intricate, case in point: light armour wearers have been looking for a plain pair of pants for years and finally the requiem and elegy armour come out and you stick some kind of odd looking knee length side belt with a pouch on one of the legs? A real pity, IMO, if you'd left that weird knee support off then I think they'd have been perfect. Obviously YMMV.

That's subjective ... some people think they are awesome.

Maybe put some example medium armour that you think is nice here. So it gives more idea of what players like.maybe im easily pleased, i find a lot of nice medium armour pieces but each has it own liking and taste :p and i have female characters. Maybe female medium armour is nicer than male idk

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Aodlop.1907" said:As long as you make non-trenchcoats leather chest pieces, I'll be completely fine with buying them with gems. Just make some.Please.

Wow, a whole THREE of them! Amazing.

@Aodlop.1907 said:

@Aodlop.1907 said:As long as you make non-trenchcoats leather chest pieces, I'll be completely fine with buying them with gems. Just make some.Please.

Wow, a whole THREE of them! Amazing.

I actually have all three of those and NONE of them are 'plain' though Elegy comes closest. Granted they are minus the butt capes.

For what it's worth,My Asura Engineer wears this:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Triumphantarmor(medium)_asura_female_front.jpg

My Norn Ranger wears the same skin, though the side pieces look more pronounced than they do an Asura (on which they are barely noticeable):https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/7/7e/Triumphantarmor%28medium%29_norn_female_front.jpg

My Sylvari Thief wears the Illustrious Guise skin:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/5/50/Illustriousarmor%28medium%29_sylvari_female_front.jpg

Unquestionably there are more buttcapes in the game than not, but you also have to consider many players like the buttcapes. On my Ranger I originally wore several different skins of buttcapes as she leveled, and for me they were suitable for what you would expect someone who is wandering in the woods, jungles and plains to be wearing, a sturdy and protective overcoat. Not such a good fit for a thief of engy though.

@Aodlop.1907 said:Should we stop pointing out a non-fixed issue just because it's been discussed other times in the past?

Nah, you'll just get people telling you that you should have posted in one of the existing threads on the subject instead of making a new one. Which if you didbthat, then you'd have peiole wondering why you necroed an old thread instead of just making a fresh one. And thus the cycle will repeat ad nauseum.