What if we revert the change that they have made to sword back in 2012 ?

Gabrya.6297

Remember when the ranger was dancing in style and jumping to the enemy with the ancient sword move make me sad they have destroy that weapon just to be able to dodge during it's first attacks.

We have now a sword that just attack less than soulbeast dagger , got some dodge in it and thats all....Before that the sword was really alive and it has an utility , stick to the enemy. The auto attack gave us 1 attack and 2 4XX range leaps far better than the dagger they gave us and far more stylish...

Don't you fellow ranger think we could have that back ? This weapon really lack a way to be unique it was created to chase the enemy and then poof you are a sitting duck breaking you wrist during the awkward animation...

They could still manage to give us the ability to break the AA with a dodge and we all know the ranger could dodge during this AA you just needed to time that dodge...

Not anymore Henry and that auto attack was not so clunky it was really great to track the enemy the clunky part was that you cannot dodge during the attack....

Thay can give us an auto attack that jump to the enemy and make dodge break threw it.

Finally no the dagger main hand is better for power damage try it as a soulbeast you will see.

If I could have the old animations back but without the leaps so I could dodge at any point, sure, but that won't happen. Just like how many Rangers want the 2nd hit in the auto chain to cleave up to 3 targets or a reduced cast time on Hornet's Sting so the evade can be accessed when it's needed to rather than having to predict.

Screw the old animations if I could have those 2 changes for sword....

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:If I could have the old animations back but without the leaps so I could dodge at any point, sure, but that won't happen. Just like how many Rangers want the 2nd hit in the auto chain to cleave up to 3 targets or a reduced cast time on Hornet's Sting so the evade can be accessed when it's needed to rather than having to predict.

Screw the old animations if I could have those 2 changes for sword....

Also this.

I agree a reduced cast time on hornet sting shall really be a thing...i don't understand how it can be so long for just a skill that shall be use to dodge an attack...

On another side the old animation was far better yes and if we just can dodge during the auto + the animations it would be gold point !

And no the sword does less DPS than soulbeast dagger even on power side again...

@Gabrya.6297 said:I agree a reduced cast time on hornet sting shall really be a thing...i don't understand how it can be so long for just a skill that shall be use to dodge an attack...

On another side the old animation was far better yes and if we just can dodge during the auto + the animations it would be gold point !

And no the sword does less DPS than soulbeast dagger even on power side again...

Nobody disputed that dagger does more dmg. Sword is just a better weapon in use for the whole game.Sure you have more DPS with MH dagger but you don't use dagger outside of PvE in a serious manner.Sword sticking like the old days was clunky and more than so often portet you into a CC an AoE or just straight down a cliff.

To improve sword I once proposed this:Make Monarchs leap the number two on sword.Make serpent strike a chain with stalker strike (dagger OH) as the second skill.Move hornet strike to dagger OH. Give crippling talon charges.

This way sword has more utility and gap closing while dagger can now be used as a disengage weapon with all MH weapons.

Just don't bring back the suicide jump AA.

No. Noooo. Looking at youtube videos demonstrating the attack chain, that animation is clunky as s h i t. Not to mention, having it tether like that? Urgh.I find the new animation is still more unique than any other sword animation. The auto chain looks like a dance, with its steps and sword twirls.Maybe the sword could use some overall improvement to utility, but the auto is fine honestly.

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:Just don't bring back the suicide jump AA.

For real. That was the biggest downside to the old sword. It had its nuances, but that con outweighed the pros heavily. If there was one thing I miss about the old sword, it was just the animations.

They were flavorful and unique, from the twirls of the Asura and even that dropkick Norns would do. Current animations have no "oomph" to them, but at least it ain't as bad as Necro's axe auto.