Badges Mean Nothing

Adry.7512

This is the first time I have ever seen such an injustice in a game. Anet makes enough money to monitor SPVP, but yet nobody monitors the league games? On a DAILY basis I see either an AFKer, a bot, or a hacker. There is ZERO monitoring nor maintenance on this game mode. It’s horrible. Before I went back to SPVP I thought that badges actually meant something, like of cool he’s plat he’s a pro. But damn was I wrong! All those plats probably paid for their badge or asked guildies to afk for them during games....so pathetic! How has this been tolerated for THIS LONG??? I would understand if Anet was a dying company, but we all know they aren’t. Someone explain to me how do you all tolerate this. Not only that but it’s a horrible business move. Gaming companies use PVP as a way to keep players online until new PVE content arrives. PVP is basically the backbone of a game. I’m so surprised....

Try not to look at in terms of what someone's current rating is. The better gauge for a player's range of skill, is monitoring their highs as well as lows. Sometimes during a good week a player could play 1500, during a bad week they play 1300, but normally they probably play 1400. It just all depends on the gambles in play when they hit that que button.

First time i played GW2 i was hoping to enter plat and be a good player but after i enter plat i saw the truth and that is plat is not the end but the start to become good playerAnd when u play an off meta profession/elite you ll be called a trash even before the game startAnd no1 is paying any thing to be in plat player only pay to be in top 20 on the leaderboardSo when ever you became good you ll enter plat and you must become better if you want to clime up any further and its not fun in plat

@TAIKA.1903 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:People pay to be in plat? hol up...

lol, I can't understand why I have to pay to be in plat, xddddddd

It is just like breath, why plat players have to pay to stay in plat? only gold or lower player have to do that.

Right that’s what I meant but they’re making fun of it. Even though obviously once you’re plat you’re good, but hey I’m letting them stretch out the very unfunny and unwitty joke.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@Adry.7512 said:You guys do know I’m talking about ranked games right? You guys do understand how horrible, unmonitored, unregulated, dysfunctional, and disorganized ranked games are right.....?

500g and i'll get you top 100

Lmao to me badges mean nothing and for good reason. Leaderboards are pointless. I’d rather fight you directly.

I’ve had players I’ve fight whisper me and tell me gg or “I hate you” cause I beat them. This baffles me. How do you begin to care about a match in a game where your chances of getting paired with a newbie is the same as getting paired with someone of your similar skill level? I have told them all the same, I don’t even notice who I beat or don’t beat. Why would I care about a match that is only minimally determined by my own skill level? Winning ranked games mean nothing, I get little to no satisfaction. The only thing that keeps me entertained in the fast paced combat.

Getting to plat1 isnt too difficult for players who know their class and have the slightest idea of how to rotate. However the higher ranks of the leaderboard are pointless because of duos/match manipulating/win trading. It is true though that team balance is terrible, a lot of games are completely 1 sided, and carrying bad teammates is nearly impossible.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Getting to plat1 isnt too difficult for players who know their class and have the slightest idea of how to rotate. However the higher ranks of the leaderboard are pointless because of duos/match manipulating/win trading. It is true though that team balance is terrible, a lot of games are completely 1 sided, and carrying bad teammates is nearly impossible.

Good to know you got it. Yea I can agree ranking up is easy is you’re online during populated Hours but overall it’s a mess.