PvP Manifesto..... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A little more interaction with the crowd. Acknowledge that you are tracking the hot 5-10k view 300-400 reply topics. They are a STRONG indication of reality in terms of the game's enjoyment.

Make Djinn normal rotation. It should pop up about as frequently as any map, or preferably spirit watch level frequency.

No human being plays 3k matches a season. Those are bots; case closed. Terminate those accounts.

Reduce the amount of pips for losing in ranked or make it zero. This can be negated by try-harding and getting within a threshold of score (no 500-20, but maybe 500-350+)

Add a duel arena to the pvp lobby. This way players can duel at their leisure. There can be an audience, it won’t interfere with pve content, and no interruptions from ffa players. It should be in the lobby somewhere because sometimes you don’t know you want a hamburger until you drive by In-N-Out.

New armors or weapons should have the same level 100 (or greater requirements) as mistforged if they are not going to be leaderboard or tourney earned. Give that grind to those guys who wanted to grind for something.

Time to release the swiss, or on-demand tourneys. Be cool if you could make a version with a gvg leaderboard.

Stop making bunkers. Stop making one-shots. No need to compensate for nerfs, you are nerfing and that’s the point.

Remove decay for those not on the leaderboard. Sometimes people don’t care about being the best and they just want a badge, let them have that. OR, make the badge reflect the actual rating and the decay only effects leaderboard position.

Please remove the podiums with the trollish dances on the end of the match. Showing the stats is fine, but the way this is implemented is so toxic. You are supposed to lead by example and this just….

Dont' let players see the top stats of other players. They don’t need that information; it has no impact on them. You say you don’t want us to name and shame but showing the stats of others is SHAMING. Players will flame and belittle each other even when it’s unwarranted, or they were they problem themselves.

Increase the rewards for those who finish in the top spots on the leaderboard and in higher ratings drastically. Perhaps they earn a little more now but make it quite a bit more rewarding to tryhard, then giving minimum effort.

Change the titles each season. Change the reward each season. If they are unique each time, the best may be less likely to want to “help” others if they even do that. When you have this “it’s okay, I already got it” mentality, players are going to go.

GvG should really be a thing. You develop it one time greatly, and it will be one of your strongest assets when the PVE content is in development versus release. Make it rewarding, and players will come to it. Yeah the top spots might be dominated by the same guilds, but that is normal. Perks of being the best.

Smaller balance patches faster intervals.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

1. A little more interaction with the crowd. Acknowledge that you are tracking the hot 5-10k view 300-400 reply topics. They are a STRONG indication of reality in terms of the game's enjoyment.

Yesssss

1. Make Djinn normal rotation. It should pop up about as frequently as any map, or preferably spirit watch level frequency.
  2. No human being plays 3k matches a season. Those are bots; case closed. Terminate those accounts.
  3. Reduce the amount of pips for losing in ranked or make it zero. This can be negated by try-harding and getting within a threshold of score (no 500-20, but maybe 500-350+)
  4. Add a duel arena to the pvp lobby. This way players can duel at their leisure. There can be an audience, it won’t interfere with pve content, and no interruptions from ffa players. It should be in the lobby somewhere because sometimes you don’t know you want a hamburger until you drive by In-N-Out.
  5. New armors or weapons should have the same level 100 (or greater requirements) as mistforged if they are not going to be leaderboard or tourney earned. Give that grind to those guys who wanted to grind for something.
  6. Time to release the swiss, or on-demand tourneys. Be cool if you could make a version with a gvg leaderboard.
  7. Stop making bunkers. Stop making one-shots. No need to compensate for nerfs, you are nerfing and that’s the point.
  8. Remove decay for those not on the leaderboard. Sometimes people don’t care about being the best and they just want a badge, let them have that. OR, make the badge reflect the actual rating and the decay only effects leaderboard position.
  9. Please remove the podiums with the trollish dances on the end of the match. Showing the stats is fine, but the way this is implemented is so toxic. You are supposed to lead by example and this just….

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is toxic.

1. Dont' let players see the top stats of other players. They don’t need that information; it has no impact on them. You say you don’t want us to name and shame but showing the stats of others is SHAMING. Players will flame and belittle each other even when it’s unwarranted, or they were they problem themselves.

This is accurate. Top stats provide absolutely zero value except to feed trolls.

1. Increase the rewards for those who finish in the top spots and in higher ratings drastically. Perhaps they earn a little more now but make it quite a bit more rewarding to tryhard, then giving minimum effort.
  2. Change the titles each season. Change the reward each season. If they are unique each time, the best may be less likely to want to “help” others if they even do that. When you have this “it’s okay, I already got it” mentality, players are going to go.
  3. GvG should really be a thing. You develop it one time greatly, and it will be one of your strongest assets when the PVE content is in development versus release. Make it rewarding, and players will come to it. Yeah the top spots might be dominated by the same guilds, but that is normal. Perks of being the best.
  4. Smaller balance patches faster intervals.

This last one is super important. I pretty much agree with everything you said, good post!

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

1. Reduce the amount of pips for losing in ranked or make it zero. This can be negated by try-harding and getting within a threshold of score (no 500-20, but maybe 500-350+)Yep they should remove the pips for losing outright and increase the pips for winning or reduce the amount required for chest to compensate the statistical difference they have for how much games you have to do to get all of chests.Also they should rework the rank point gain/loss so it doesn't swing so much up and down.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

1. Please remove the podiums with the trollish dances on the end of the match. Showing the stats is fine, but the way this is implemented is so toxic. You are supposed to lead by example and this just….

better solution: add default dance

@Yannir.4132 said:Good list, mate. I don't care about 10 enough to have an opinion but if that's something people find irritating, I'm up for it.

It's all about arguing about 10.

At the least they should make the defeated players in a downstate position rather a dead position. And then the people on the podiums can jump off the podiums and begin to DPS them as they lay there.

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:I disagree at point 11.

Alternatively the could show some kind of grand total in team participation.

Maybe it could be something like this:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53443/new-scoreboard

It would show more impact.

You can be second place in every top stat but receive no recognition.

Let's assume that top stats are everything, then the second place guy has more value than the guy who got only 1 top stat and dead last in everything else.

The game is not just revives, or just rotate, or just defend, or just kill, or just capture points, or just heal.

Doing one thing well in one of those could mean maybe you did just a little more than the guy doing everything he could to help the team win.

If you have 45% of the teams kills, and I have 42%, you really didnt make that much more of an impact based on those figures alone, but you will get a badge.

My hard work and effort is unacknowledged.

You see that I got nothing, but in reality I was almost as useful as the guy who got all the shinies.

So, why do you disagree?

You need to see mine? They should show you how much of a difference in scores there really were then.

Because if they added scores or team participation, then your tops stats might lose value.

Because if they added the team participation in each category as points, I may not take any tops stats, but I may be way more valuable of a player that the guy with top this or top that.

I am not saying you are wrong or that I am right. I just want to get your point of view since I have just stated mine.