Current Events sending you back to the same map after rift

So all the guides that I can find speak of an order in which the maps teleport you to the next map that a rift will appear on at the 10 minute mark. However, lots of maps continuously send you back to the map you came from after doing the event, and some others seem to send you to maps totally not associated with the order most guides assume there is.

This seems to be a very bizarre bug, the first 2 days I did this the order that the guides indicated was correct and I went from map to map getting the keepsakes. Now to get the last one it's pure chaos and bugs, maps keep sending me back to the same map, or a completely random one, and I cannot get to the last map in the past 4 days of doing 3 events a day.

Is this a bug (I assume it is? Why would a map send you back to itself 3 times in a row?)? Can and will it be fixxed?

I'm experiencing the same thing. I've spent and hour and a half on two days now after reset trying to get the lost cow to finish Helpful Hero. Both times I'd be sent back to the same map, or a completely random map and even sitting in Diessa Plateau and doing the rift there thinking it will send me back to that map to complete the achievement hasn't worked. And the reason I did that was I noticed in my rotation those days, I was never sent there. Have you noticed if that's the same for you with the keepsake you are missing?

I went by the time schedule and doing the portal and still couldn't get the cow even when waiting for the appropriate time. I was finally able to get the cow by going by the time it shows up but instead of doing the event, I used a Branded Riftstone in the map it was needed and that finally caused the right keepsake to show up. So maybe try that @Prophet of Flames.2783? Use the time schedule that was linked to find the one you need and do a riftstone instead the moment the event starts up.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Remember, it's not only the order of the maps, but the 'time' in the schedule. It won't work to be on the right map, but at the wrong time.Here's a time schedule: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Helpful_Hero#Walkthrough

Good luck.

I have used that and have had either the golem, rifle or greatsword show up instead of the cow. It took me finally standing in Diessa Plateau and using a riftstone at 'cow time' to finally get it to pop. See the problem we are having is that the timer stays true until the last keepsake and then suddenly not abiding by the timer at all for that last keepsake.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Remember, it's not only the order of the maps, but the 'time' in the schedule. It won't work to be on the right map, but at the wrong time.Here's a time schedule: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Helpful_Hero#Walkthrough

Good luck.

This still doesn't explain why maps return you to the same map though??

• 1 month later...

Upon retrying this today I can verify above fixxes are incorrect and this is STILL bugged.

Now there is a new bug, where if you enter a portal off off a fresh event (one spawned at the 10 minute mark start) sometimes it will just keep porting you back to the same map until it disappears.We need this fix, this event has been here for over a month now, it can't still be bugged so fundamentally.

I think the issue stems from the game putting you in ab instances rift with people that may not be the rift you intended to enter. The timers and order were never correct for me and I had to do a full rotation more than once to complete the collection.

Example: you wait at at the Brisbane rift, you enter but it’s actually the dreadgehaunt rift because the game didn’t want you to solo the bus an rift if no one else is there.

The best way to figure out which rift is which is by the location of the exit.