Which biome is your favourite in Guild Wars 2?

My Fav is the shiverpeak themed biome, find it peaceful.

Second would be underwater (non-orr-polluted) scapes - I really liked the underwater tunnels in td, esp the sound effects ...

Third would be forested/jungly areas

Really not a fan of barren landscapes (except snowed) like ascalon, orr, wastes and deserts...

@Fenom.9457 said:Favorite biome is a classic high fantasy sort of dense, green forest. The classic stuff (inspired by European forests I guess?), there isn’t anything quite like it in game. None of the forests are big enough or dense enough, but I do love Kryta a lot because I can get that particular fantasy feeling from it anyway due to soundtrack, architecture, etc. but my second favorite is icy mountains, snowy forests and frozen lakes. Represented very well by the shiverpeaks, and bitterfrost frontier the best of all. I really hope the far shiverpeaks is more like that!

If you ever played Rift, Silverwood is the ultimate high fantasy zone (IMO) followed by Moonshade Highlands. The environments and music are fabulous. I have wished for a game that had all zones like these. Kryta would be the closest in this game, followed by the autumnal Charr areas. I like Gendarran Fields and would live in Ascalon Settlement if I could. :)

@Fenom.9457 said:Favorite biome is a classic high fantasy sort of dense, green forest. The classic stuff (inspired by European forests I guess?), there isn’t anything quite like it in game. None of the forests are big enough or dense enough, but I do love Kryta a lot because I can get that particular fantasy feeling from it anyway due to soundtrack, architecture, etc. but my second favorite is icy mountains, snowy forests and frozen lakes. Represented very well by the shiverpeaks, and bitterfrost frontier the best of all. I really hope the far shiverpeaks is more like that!

Yes, the classic fantasy dense forest. Wanted to say that, but there really isn't anything like this in GW2.

Biome... regions? Environments?For me it's definitely volcanic environments, I love ember bay, I like mount maelstom and mons draconic is pretty good. I'm hoping for more volcanoes or volcanic caverns. I enjoy taking screens of falling burning rocks in Fireheart Rise.

What I would like even more?A map mixing three landscapes: Volcanic, canopee forrest and coast. Like you have an active volcano with on its slide/bottom high trees with a delta and water rivers. And why not, somewhere a lavafall.Also fog, heavy dark fog, like the map is damned. And I'm fan of Will o Wisp.

I like areas with bokeh/fireflies and 'alien jungle' feel to them, so Draconis Mons is pretty spot-on. I also like ruined/dilapidated areas; Malchors' Leap is my favourite map with all the death, sadness, wistfulness of a lost empire etc...

Sometimes Iike the claustrophobic ambience in Heart of Maguuma or the dry sands from the desert and sand storms.

I can only dream of a colossal desert map with only sand and dunes with a constant sandstorm and no minimap, only 2 or 3 lost pyramids with puzzles inside (not JP) to find ancient weapons/armor/trinkets and bits of lore. no mobs anywhere just a random unscheduled legendary earth worm the could spawn anywhere on the map.

EDIT: I like almost every map but man… mobs are excessive

In most games the jungle environments are my favourite, but for some reason that's not true in GW2. I think I like Orr the best: it's the most original environment in the game, it has an atmosphere one usually only finds in surrealist paintings, and I get a much stronger feeling of it having a well-realised coherent history than I do in the other regions.

@Tyncale.1629 said:I am a great fan of Anets World design, but I always found it a pity that after the initial newbie grounds, there are basically no areas in the higher level zones that are actually peaceful. I mean , I can understand it from a pure gaming viewpoint but still.

Haha, I have exactly the opposite view: most places in Tyria feel way too peaceful to me. Six of the Central Tyria maps are huge cities with no enemies in them, and every map is bursting with friendly NPCs - even the higher level zones. Mounts have only exacerbated this feeling: outside of PoF maps, nowhere feels dangerous because I can freely choose which enemies I fight and which I skip past. (This is also true in PoF maps, providing I pay a suitable amount of attention.)

@"Regh.8649" said:Sometimes Iike the claustrophobic ambience in Heart of Maguuma or the dry sands from the desert and sand storms.

I can only dream of a colossal desert map with only sand and dunes with a constant sandstorm and no minimap, only 2 or 3 lost pyramids with puzzles inside (not JP) to find ancient weapons/armor/trinkets and bits of lore. no mobs anywhere just a random unscheduled legendary earth worm the could spawn anywhere on the map.

EDIT: I like almost every map but man… mobs are excessive

If I recall correctly, The Arid Sea in GW1 was similar to what you're describing. Most of the enemies were hidden underground and would unburrow to attack you, including the occasional Sand Wurm. I don't think there were any puzzles though...