This guide helps you identify the most OP class in PVP, it features excluding player skill to improve the conclusion.
1. Get the best build of your current class from Metabattle.
2. Get good with it as much as you can.
3. Play many rated games, ideally ranked games, and record the classes played by the other 9 people. Just do the records, DON'T pay attention to what class(es) killed you.
4. Summarize the data collected and identify the most played class, which should either be or be close to the most OP class. The more data you collect the more accurate your result is; the more obvious the conclusion of the data is the more precise your result is.
5. Now that you have identified a class as your preliminary result, you need to try and figure out the optimal build(s) of it. The build(s) is not likely on metabattle, at least not exactly the same, so it takes quite a bit of theorycrafting skill to figure it out.
6. Now to further refine your result, repeat step 2~4 with your identified class and build(s), as there's a possibility of you ranking up if you play ranked.
7. Identify whether your new result is consistent with your preliminary result, and if not, repeat step 2~4 again with your new result according to step 6.
8. Conclusion. You should get the most OP class by now, and if not, that means the game balance is at a decent state.
(nb. If you think your conclusion is incorrect correct but weird and unconvincing, make sure you check whether you make the best effort in the getting good and/or the theorycrafting part during the procedures, before...you know...criticizing this guide )