[Bug] Can't get to Font of Rhand (Trying to make Mawdrey in 2018)

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I suspect it would be useful if the umbrella event description that appears in the upper right of the UI could be updated to show what needs to be completed to progress the events. (Also help with Champion Frainn and others, who are also alleged to be MIA under similar situations, i.e. the 'meta' is waiting for an event to finish that is hard to see from far away.)

In this case you can also talk to Rankar who tells you which member is missing and the direction to go find them.

That only helps if you know to visit Rankar in the first place, which isn't mentioned in the meta event's description that appears in the game's UI. That is, if you know how the event works, you can pretty much make sure it's working, but if you don't know, then it looks bugged.

Importantly, I don't think it's generally true of the other meta events that people believe keep getting stalled. Ogre Wars still doesn't have a clear indicator of where events should be occurring next (it often has the ones that are in progress though, to its credit). Orrian temples, Bauxite Alchemicals, Frainn, are among the other multi-part or multi-pronged events that can appear to be stalled when they aren't, i.e. as @Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 says, there's just a part of it that hasn't been finished.

I don't mean to undermine the advice — it is really useful for that event. I am hoping that ANet recognizes that there's a perception problem that causes enough frustration that some people lose faith. I believe that could be addressed by updating the UI descriptions to convey more specific status details, or even just identify which NPC has that information.

tl;dr multi-part/multi-tiered events appear to bug out to some people, even when they are working fine. Updating the in-game umbrella event statuses could help a lot of people get past that illusory roadblock.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I suspect it would be useful if the umbrella event description that appears in the upper right of the UI could be updated to show what needs to be completed to progress the events. (Also help with Champion Frainn and others, who are also alleged to be MIA under similar situations, i.e. the 'meta' is waiting for an event to finish that is hard to see from far away.)

In this case you can also talk to Rankar who tells you which member is missing and the direction to go find them.

That only helps if you know to visit Rankar in the first place, which isn't mentioned in the
that appears in the game's UI. That is, if you know how the event works, you can pretty much make sure it's working, but if you don't know, then it looks bugged.

Importantly, I don't think it's generally true of the other meta events that people believe keep getting stalled. Ogre Wars still doesn't have a clear indicator of where events
should
be occurring next (it often has the ones that are in progress though, to its credit). Orrian temples, Bauxite Alchemicals, Frainn, are among the other multi-part or multi-pronged events that can appear to be stalled when they aren't, i.e. as @Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 says, there's just a part of it that hasn't been finished.

I don't mean to undermine the advice — it is really useful
for that event
. I am hoping that ANet recognizes that there's a perception problem that causes enough frustration that some people lose faith. I believe that could be addressed by updating the UI descriptions to convey more specific status details, or even just identify which NPC has that information.

tl;dr multi-part/multi-tiered events appear to bug out to some people, even when they are working fine. Updating the in-game umbrella event statuses could help a lot of people get past that illusory roadblock.

Except in this case it is in fact broken because Savor Foulnight isn't actually doing what he is supposed to. Neither starting the collection event nor going to the warband gathering point. He as chosen to take the road less traveled(or more traveled at this point ...) of sitting on his butt all day.

The other two cases are also very obviously broken when the NPCs are stalled on the road and when flame legion waves that need to be defeated are nowhere to be found.

I can confirm that Foulnight is still stalled, at least on EU. He is in the same position other people mentioned, but interactung with him gives no option to start the event. Speaking with Harrownight tells you where Foulnight is, but no 'Event nearby' icon appears.

Edit: I find it very odd that the event has stalled, because last week I completed the event with another character. I forgot that I needed the water then, which is why I need to get back in...

@ShadowDove.8329 said:I can confirm that Foulnight is still stalled, at least on EU. He is in the same position other people mentioned, but interactung with him gives no option to start the event. Speaking with Harrownight tells you where Foulnight is, but no 'Event nearby' icon appears.

Edit: I find it very odd that the event has stalled, because last week I completed the event with another character. I forgot that I needed the water then, which is why I need to get back in...

That isn't very odd.

For example(just one of the possibilities) at the completion of the one you did the code didn't clean up correctly so that when it comes around again it the code might things the previous event was still active.

@Khisanth.2948 said:That isn't very odd.

For example(just one of the possibilities) at the completion of the one you did the code didn't clean up correctly so that when it comes around again it the code might things the previous event was still active.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up :) Hopefully they clean it up soon so the stalled ones can progress

@ShadowDove.8329 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:That isn't very odd.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up :) Hopefully they clean it up soon so the stalled ones can progress

Just an example of what could go wrong in code. No idea how close to reality it might be.

We really need a system to deal with these issues, that's the second collection I get stuck because of a broken event.Edit: I managed to break out of the map and get the item necessary for my collection. Sad that this was reported last month and yet nothing has been done.

• 2 months later...

@Fipmip.7219 said:Just checking in to confirm this bug is still here as of 23rd november 2018. savour foulknight is standing west of the bloodsaw mill waypoint and isnt moving, but can be talked to, while the other warband members are present and waiting.

Noticed this too. Is there a way to fix it or do we have to wait for next server reset and/or find a mesmer inside?

On NA, ip/61, there was someone porting (I didn't check to see if the events were stalled; just pointing out that folks don't necessarily need to wait to finish some of the related achievements)

@Vayne.8563 said:As a side note, if you're on this collection and you need a port or have a teleport to a friend, I'm keeping a character parked in the Font of Rhand minidungeon for the duration. Contact me in game I can port you in.

I believe Vayne still has a toon there, for people in the North America region. (Hopefully the timing works out, since Vayne, like Rust, never sleeps.)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

June 21, on LA server it seems that Savor Foulnight is stalled or seems bugged all day, I took hours to find events that leads to meta flame legion battle quest. It's getting frustrating can't enter to minidungeon. IS THERE ANY MESMER with good soul IN LA SERVER HENGE OF DEVIARI That could help ?? ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It was a weekend, 21st Sept 2019 and I was on a US server (Anvil Rock). In my morning gaming session, I defended the sawmill which got destroyed. Savor Foulnight did go and fix it before joining his comrades ultimately leading to the portal opening in Incendio Templum. Entered the portal and into the Flame Temple Tombs. But I was alone so, I wasn't able to keep "the sword" in my hand long enough to completely extinguish the "fireball fish heads" that opens "the gate". Aborted after an hour and decided to restart the meta.

For the whole day, as I did other things that were part of the Twilight III collection and not logging out GW2, I would periodically come back to Bloodsaw Mill and find Savor Foulnight just standing SW of the waypoint doing nothing. After a total of 8 hours of game time (some spent on real-life), I fell asleep and got automatically disconnected back into the character selection screen. Woke up after the daily reset, re-selected my character and voila, Savor Foulnight had gone/moved -- which was good news.

Eventually found his warband in Incendio Templum, so, I continued where I left off from the day before. Not very "productive gaming" if you ask me.So my question is: Are "The Flame Legion Battles" chain of events something that happen only ONCE or SEVERAL times a day?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...