Population so Low....

zoopop.5630

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@tacoclaw.8251 said:

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:
I think the "why" is that builds have been made harder and harder to play.
Contributing factors have been matchmaking and generally toxic atmosphere.I can't bring myself to log into The Mists most of the time these days.. I know I'm just going to get hammered.

Yeah, the game has gotten too insane on the build level. I seriously think it would be more fun if there were only 10 available builds and players had to choose as they see fit.

Imagine if chess had 400 piece types from which the player had to choose the 6 they do play with? What a nightmare, because no normal person can spend the time learning all this stuff.

As a rule keep the set pieces simple, but the strategy scaleable. GW2 has this backwards. Besides, does anyone really get excited they won because they had a better build and were able to corner and run down the inferior build?

everyone does except for the normal pplAll HolosAll MiragesAll Spellbreakers

@bluri.2653 said:

Oh, that would be good but problem is that 2 season ago i made sure to lose every matches so i could be place at the bottom of the list.

Hehe, so are you admitting to match manipulation by throwing all your ranked games ? xD GUARDS, TAKE THIS MAN AWAY!

Ye fokken manipulator gg permban

This was the first time i saw you saying something funnyI neh-d have an upvote and a congratz comment

@Sampson.2403 said:@"Vieux P.1238"

Oh, that would be good but problem is that 2 season ago i made sure to lose every matches so i could be place at the bottom of the list.

Hehe, so are you admitting to match manipulation by throwing all your ranked games ? xD GUARDS, TAKE THIS MAN AWAY!

Plzzzzzzz, i din't do it for gold. I did it for the profit of science. & i learn one big thing. I learn no matter how much you throw away a match, the opponent team that wants to lose even more will give you away the win. NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU PLAY" I tell you, i was woken at that moment on how much the game need's to change if rank want's to see some kind of serious competitive gaming with in the community.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Plzzzzzzz, i din't do it for gold. I did it for the profit of science. & i learn one big thing. I learn no matter how much you throw away a match, the opponent team that wants to lose even more will give you away the win. NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU PLAY" I tell you, i was woken at that moment on how much the game need's to change if rank want's to see some kind of serious competitive gaming with in the community.

Yes it is indeed really hard work to lose when Matchmaking wants you on the winning side and that is no irony it is just how artificial the matchmanipu... i mean matchmaker works since S2

@bravan.3876 said:

Yes it is indeed really hard work to lose when Matchmaking wants you on the winning side and that is no irony it is just how artifical the matchmanipu... i mean matchmaker works since S2

As i said, something is wrong with the math & they need to rethink the whole conquest thing. They should reconsider to start over. Class Builds & game mods & everything involving spvp. I'm just saying starting over might take less then 7 years to fix & balance & actually make it enjoyable.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Yes it is indeed really hard work to lose when Matchmaking wants you on the winning side and that is no irony it is just how artifical the matchmanipu... i mean matchmaker works since S2

As i said, something is wrong with the math & they need to rethink the whole conquest thing. They should reconsider to start over. Class Builds & game mods & everything involving spvp. I'm just saying starting over might take less then 7 years to fix & balance & actually make it enjoyable.

They changed matchmaking after S2 means it got better in S3 already but they never fully fixed it. Remember in S2 where all accounts starting with average or above hidden mmr (means also complete new accounts, everything that had higher hidden mmr than amber division would require) could have 80+winstreak straight to legend and even Helseth claimed there is nothing wrong with the matchmaking? xD When the plan to make good ppl reach their division faster to reduce the rank difference fast and reduce uneven rankes in matches by making ppl climb faster to where the matchmaking thinks they belong completely failed? Problem is, matchmaking has no right to think! Because it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Another unfair part is, that matchmaking tries to make average mmr in a match for both teams even. Means when you are like plat 3 you can get 4 gold 2 ppl who you are supposed to carry vs 5 plat 1 ppl. In case you can't be everywhere at the same time it is impossible to carry. But because you lose vs lower ppl than you are (plat3 compared to plat1) you lose 25+rating for a match your 4 teammates got rekt everywhere you are not involved. And in case you managed to carry these unfun games somehow you get +5 as reward. Not even enough that you can rent a nice room in a nice motel with a nice pool to relax for few days after such exhausting games.

Why is mmr watching for average team mmr during matchmaking but for personal mmr vs enemie team for the rankpoints? At least that is how it looks for me...

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:I think the "why" is that builds have been made harder and harder to play. Contributing factors have been matchmaking and generally toxic atmosphere.I can't bring myself to log into The Mists most of the time these days.. I know I'm just going to get hammered.

I think the diversity is more healthy honestly. I mean balance.... maybe yea , obviously will be an ongoing issue with PvP in any game but diversity is never truly a bad thing.

One main thing you start to realize over years of PvP is simply put that people just get better over time, so you have to try harder than before and in Gw2's more contained PvP community you're usually going against the same people in higher tiers especially. You yourself might not be scaling as well as the current population is in terms of skill. I don't think that's a problem with game design.

One main issue and common issue eventually people struggle with is multi-classing and multi-build practicing. This is an essential part of PvP in any game and in order to get much better consistently you have to play everything and learn them consistently against good players and that involves knowing a lot of builds and their weaknesses..

I think this is one of the things that actually keeps the game interesting, for me at least especially.

On toxicity, if you take toxicity seriously then this is kind of what separates a lot of good players vs bad... Example: See Phantaram ... You don't always need to take every little thing to heart when playing and just personally focus on getting better and ignore the drama/toxicity. It's going to happen anyway whether you're good or bad so the best route to take is to just focus on getting better.

@"zoopop.5630" said:Is there a reason why Eu and Na can't be combined ?

u r asking a wrong question. u should ask "why ppl don't play pvp anymore?". merging would just be a temporary solution. it's like merging servers in other games which are in decline. FIX pvp and we won't need a merge. or merge pvp.. and leave it as it is.. and population will still be goin down. no permanent solution in that.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Falan.1839 said:Tbh I've seen quite a few NA players on EU in the last days, so it's kind of happening already on a smaller scale.

I've been considering it myself. Everyone that switches to EU says the match quality is much better. I just fear ping issues.Some days it feels good others feels like the game is putting you with people that just started the game. Sometimes it feels like people understand what you want to do and you are on the same page and you coordinate your skills like you are standing next to each other and other times it feels like they do everything to undermine your build and effort. The second happens more often. Best time to get the first kind is after work hours in EU. And if you are at high rate you have to be careful and manage to smell out the cheater board day, where some people pad their rating or try to knock off other players from the board with smurfing or trolling or whatever other shenanigans (gets really political some days for some reason), so careful to don't get into the crossfire.