Do you use burst of strength?

Sampson.2403

@"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:Why would you not? It's decent cleave damage with a "farther than autoattack" range, boosts all your other skills, AND it's practically free to use. Don't necessarily have to use it for bursts either as it buffs your sustain damage too

Because is slow to cast and easy to be interrupted, costs 15 energy units and since the patch in which lost the 10 + 10 stacks of vulnerability on hit seems mostly meaningless, specially against human players.

I think that currently I only use it when there's a downed enemy with chances of more targets trying to rezz; otherwise I like more the 15 energy in my pocket, because aside from a bit more damage this skill does absolutely nothing.

I find the radius makes it a really nice skill to use while kiting close to melee range, similarly to how a lot of Rev skills work. It's also nice to have as a source of AoE pressure that doesn't have split damage. Sometimes I'll just waste it if I want some extra might stacks (when running Draconic Echo) and I know I won't be engaging in melee before legend swapping, possibly allowing me the energy to pulse prot instead for a bit beforehand as well.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:Why would you not? It's decent cleave damage with a "farther than autoattack" range, boosts all your other skills, AND it's practically free to use. Don't necessarily have to use it for bursts either as it buffs your sustain damage too

Because is slow to cast and easy to be interrupted, costs 15 energy units and since the patch in which lost the 10 + 10 stacks of vulnerability on hit seems mostly meaningless, specially against human players.

I think that currently I only use it when there's a downed enemy with chances of more targets trying to rezz; otherwise I like more the 15 energy in my pocket, because aside from a bit more damage this skill does absolutely nothing.

Wait what? Burst of strength costs 15 energy?? Since when?? o_OY’all should get your facts right before making up reasons why a skill is bad. It’s a consume skill and costs literally -2 energy regen for like half a second as you use it due to activating Facet of Strength

Also the 15% modifier can’t be cleansed like the old vulnerability (and you get the full modifier off of just one hit) so this change makes the skill arguably better than it was before. At the very least it’s certainly better in some situations that the old one was not good in

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:Why would you not? It's decent cleave damage with a "farther than autoattack" range, boosts all your other skills, AND it's practically free to use. Don't necessarily have to use it for bursts either as it buffs your sustain damage too

Wait what? Burst of strength costs 15 energy?? Since when?? o_OY’all should get your facts right before making up reasons why a skill is bad. It’s a consume skill and costs literally -2 energy regen for like half a second as you use it due to activating Facet of Strength

Also the 15% modifier can’t be cleansed like the old vulnerability (and you get the full modifier off of just one hit) so this change makes the skill arguably better than it was before. At the very least it’s certainly better in some situations that the old one was not good in

Rofl maybe he come from the future and anet plans to add energy cost to glint skills "to give revenants more appealing choices of legend aka lolcore".

Ah yeah time for amazing ventari sword power plays! Said no...well I guess said a few people. sadface.

@"Justine.6351" said:

Rofl maybe he come from the future and anet plans to add energy cost to glint skills "to give revenants more appealing choices of legend aka lolcore".

Ah yeah time for amazing ventari sword power plays! Said no...well I guess said a few people. sadface.

I feel personally attacked by your comment.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@"Justine.6351" said:

Why, are you from the future?

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@"Justine.6351" said:

I think yours was ok but all the other "ventari roaming" vids I saw were just healing bunkers sustaining people to death.

@Sampson.2403 said:Im really starting to get use out of burst of strength in team fights now. Still not so much in 1v1s but that's probably how it should be.

It's good for creating new burst situations in 1v1's too... While it's tempting to try to BoS+sw4 or whatever, I find it's better to use BoS to amp up other things like a PT+sw2+aa. Everybody is going to be dodging your sw4 already, because they basically have to--same with deathstrike--so when you use BoS to pad other skills, you're creating more must-dodge scenarios and a dude's only got so much endurance.