When do the outfits/skins change in gem store?

Name of the post says it all. I am just returning to the game after being away for almost 5 years and previously i thought armor skins were on a two week rotating cycle. With the addition of outfits (obv not a recent addition), this seems to have changed. Can anyone shed some light on the typical time frame for a rollover?

I suspect the gem store deliberately doesn't have a consistent or predictable schedule. That way it encourages players to log in regularly to check what's on offer and to look at the gem store regularly and maybe see things they didn't know about/didn't know they wanted but are now tempted to buy. Most updates happen on a Tuesday (and don't always coincide with new content releases) but there are exceptions, sometimes they'll release 1 or 2 new/returning items every day for a week, or a few items over the weekend.

If there's specific items you want GW2Efficiency has an option to track them and get alerts when they're available. If you just want to check what's available you can look at this topic, which is updated whenever the selection changes: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales/p10

@"Randulf.7614" said:There kinda isnt one. It is at their discretion, but it tends to be a Tuesday unless a special daily deal is on. We do tend to see new items every two weeks, but you can often wait months for a return item.

Fortunately, it's been ages since the "Tuesday update" has been the pattern. In the thread linked by Danikat, you can see that there's something changing practically every 24 hours nowadays. They've added tech that allows the gem shop team to queue up changes, so that it no longer requires someone to press a button, thus ending the need to limit the number of times per week there's something new (or something leaving).

Tuesdays are still a likely time for new stuff to enter the shop, although that has more to do with content updates getting scheduled for Tuesdays.

I think @"Danikat.8537" is correct: the schedule is deliberately unpredictable, to encourage us to pay attention.

Besides the thread, you can always use GW2 Timer.http://gw2timer.com/The Dashboard includes the full list of promotions. (Caution: it's manually updated, so can often be a few hours out of date.)

• 8 months later...

@Axelteas.7192 said:Ive been waiting for the nature's oath outfit to be available, been waiting for years literally! when was the last time available or when it will be???

The last time it was available was during the 6th birthday of the game (end of august). It was using the Black lion Outfit ticket, which can be exchanged to this outfit.It might be something they will repeat this year.

@Axelteas.7192 said:Ive been waiting for the nature's oath outfit to be available, been waiting for years literally! when was the last time available or when it will be???

I've had that for awhile now...looks fantastic on my human female...and totally oddball on my Asuran. I've been waiting since Sept of 2018 for them to re-release the unicorn finisher....takes so bloody long.

• 2 weeks later...

@TechWiz.4573 said:Could anyone tell us when it will be back? :)

Could someone? I'm sure. Will they? No. I've never seen ANet give even a month's notice for any specific changes in availability (or discounts) with the rare exception that some of the anniversary and March madness sales have been announced in advance.

More typical: we get 0 days notice. In certain cases, we might get a headsup on a Monday for the entire week.