Technical question re the game starting.

This is just a technical question that someone may have figured out at some stage.How much data does the client need to download from the Server before the game actually starts, ie your character appears in the world somewhere.Im not including upgrades or patches.Trying to work out if I have a network bottleneck, as I just added a SSD to my main PC , and this has increased the speed of the game immensely, but only after the game has started, ie after my character appears in the world.The startup time hasnt changed.

I'm not sure how much data exaclty is being processed. The bottleneck in my experience here is not the harddrive or anything you can control. During startup, the game connects to the loginserver. This will check for updates, check your details, logs you into the character select screen and once you picked a character handsover the data to a specific map server. This server does notaffect gameplay and the delay should be rather tolerable. Thats why it is as fast/slow as it is. It should not take too long. Just a few seconds for each step.

Thanks.Thats around the sort of figure I estimated also based on the startup time and my maximum Internet download rate.Just seemed high and I wondered what all the data is for.Seems to be roughly the same regardless of what time of the day I log in so doesnt appear related to how many other players are playing.