I adapted, here are the results

Anput.4620

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Your not a war you did not adapted you gave up what you wanted to play for the meta. Playing the meta classes over what you want to is in no way a real adapting to the game its giving up on adapting.

I understand your making that point on some level but i am not sure if every one understand that. Droping the class you play for a meta class is not a good thing. Its not getting better as a player its not even make the game better for other ppl. Real adapting is good for the game by chasing your build and more importantly being able to changes your build to fit better into what going on in the game type.

This...I've been running DH for over 3 years, did a few tweaks here and there with Runes and Sigils but traits mostly stayed the same.

I don't run in zergs or play meta classes. I learn on my own...

See my response above.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anput.4620 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Your not a war you did not adapted you gave up what you wanted to play for the meta. Playing the meta classes over what you want to is in no way a real adapting to the game its giving up on adapting.

I understand your making that point on some level but i am not sure if every one understand that. Droping the class you play for a meta class is not a good thing. Its not getting better as a player its not even make the game better for other ppl. Real adapting is good for the game by chasing your build and more importantly being able to changes your build to fit better into what going on in the game type.

Ehh even though i considered war my main because she is the only one with ascended armor i mainly played boonbeast for weeks tbh, so i didn't change class, but build. I tried chugginh 1500 dmg axes at mounts but it did nothing, i mainly played my boonbeast and weaver, sometimes DE and sometimes war. Ranger has already become my favourite, with weaver as a close second by then. I just consider my main the one i have done the most on in the past, but i started playing seriously only with PoF so lots of expirimenting, i tried to make roaming minion scourge work.

Also literally every build i had pre mounts was meta, 90% of poeple in WvW play a meta build of some sort, i also always loved bow but just couldn't find a spot for it on my boonbeast. The one bowbuild i played pre mounts was druid but that got killed for zero reason at all.

The 2 things ive always loved are longrange bows or mounted archers and sustain tanks.

I am not putting this on you lol there only so much you can do as a player. This is on Anet. The ideal of the player base asking for adapting to a meta by chasing a class you play is what i am talking about and how bad of an suggest that is for every one.

@Jski.6180 said:

Ehh even though i considered war my main because she is the only one with ascended armor i mainly played boonbeast for weeks tbh, so i didn't change class, but build. I tried chugginh 1500 dmg axes at mounts but it did nothing, i mainly played my boonbeast and weaver, sometimes DE and sometimes war. Ranger has already become my favourite, with weaver as a close second by then. I just consider my main the one i have done the most on in the past, but i started playing seriously only with PoF so lots of expirimenting, i tried to make roaming minion scourge work.

Also literally every build i had pre mounts was meta, 90% of poeple in WvW play a meta build of some sort, i also always loved bow but just couldn't find a spot for it on my boonbeast. The one bowbuild i played pre mounts was druid but that got killed for zero reason at all.

The 2 things ive always loved are longrange bows or mounted archers and sustain tanks.

I am not putting this on you lol there only so much you can do as a player. This is on Anet. The ideal of the player base asking for adapting to a meta by chasing a class you play is what i am talking about and how bad of an suggest that is for every one.

The post really isn't about the class change but playstyle change which doesn't really work and is still way less effective than the old situation.

@"Anput.4620" said:I never talked being strongly defended, i talked about trying at all, especially because trying doesn't cost anything, dying ingame doesn't mean you die irl.It's a mistake to assume that people see the game the same as you do. Dying in game costs people time, if nothing else. Not every WvWarrior is interested in player-vs-player.

Once i fougfht someone almost beat them but i got +1nd and died, was pre mount. Saw the person whom +1nd me on their own a bit later in their territory and they glided off a cliff as soon as i hit them and waypointed as soon as they where OOC. Zero reason to cater to those.You started the thread by making the assumption that changing from Warrior to Ranger would change how other people react. That has nothing to do with mounts or running into one person who avoided you after "nearly losing".

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Anput.4620" said:I never talked being strongly defended, i talked about trying at all, especially because trying doesn't cost anything, dying ingame doesn't mean you die irl.It's a mistake to assume that people see the game the same as you do. Dying in game costs people time, if nothing else. Not every WvWarrior is interested in player-vs-player.

Once i fougfht someone almost beat them but i got +1nd and died, was pre mount. Saw the person whom +1nd me on their own a bit later in their territory and they glided off a cliff as soon as i hit them and waypointed as soon as they where OOC. Zero reason to cater to those.You started the thread by making the assumption that changing from Warrior to Ranger would change how other people react. That has nothing to do with mounts or running into one person who avoided you after "nearly losing".

We really shouldn't cater to, or balance around poeple that don't want to PvP in a PvP mode.

That wasn't the assumption i made, i made no assumption at all, this thread is satire over the fact that other poeple keep telling me, and others that poeples reaction would change if the fight you tried to initiated would be over an objective instead of in the open.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Anput.4620 said:I never talked being strongly defended, i talked about trying at all, especially because trying doesn't cost anything, dying ingame doesn't mean you die irl.It's a mistake to assume that people see the game the same as you do. Dying in game costs people time, if nothing else. Not every WvWarrior is interested in player-vs-player.

We really shouldn't cater to, or balance around poeple that don't want to PvP in a PvP mode.It's not a PvP mode; it's a WvW mode and there's room for all sorts of players. It has PvP elements and PvE elements and elements that don't belong in either mode directly.

Regardless, you started the thread by expressing astonishment that someone ran away from you at a camp, which has nothing to do with balance. It has to do with your expectations not matching what you were likely to find at a camp.

That wasn't the assumption i made, i made no assumption at all, this thread is satire over the fact that other poeple keep telling me, and others that poeples reaction would change if the fight you tried to initiated would be over an objective instead of in the open.You've made all sorts of assumptions, including the idea that everyone plays the same; they don't.

If your goal is to find fights, it's important to consider objectives over open world as a location; it's not the only factor.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:you know, you dont r3ally need to listen to ppl. if your having fun, just enjoy it.

^And it's absolutely true, people advised you to do this, OP.But it's much more fun to be complained about than lectured to no?xD

its just more fun to play as you intend =p. you bought the game, why follow the whims of strangers.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Anput.4620 said:I never talked being strongly defended, i talked about trying at all, especially because trying doesn't cost anything, dying ingame doesn't mean you die irl.It's a mistake to assume that people see the game the same as you do. Dying in game costs people time, if nothing else. Not every WvWarrior is interested in player-vs-player.

We really shouldn't cater to, or balance around poeple that don't want to PvP in a PvP mode.It's not a PvP mode; it's a WvW mode and there's room for all sorts of players. It has PvP elements and PvE elements and elements that don't belong in either mode directly.

Regardless, you started the thread by expressing astonishment that someone ran away from you at a camp, which has
nothing
to do with balance. It has to do with your expectations not matching what you were likely to find at a camp.

That wasn't the assumption i made, i made no assumption at all, this thread is satire over the fact that other poeple keep telling me, and others that poeples reaction would change if the fight you tried to initiated would be over an objective instead of in the open.You've made all sorts of assumptions, including the idea that everyone plays the same; they don't.

If your goal is to find fights, it's important to consider objectives over open world as a location; it's not the only factor.

Theres a difference between caring about objectives and winning and carring about the ktrain and pips.

@Anput.4620 said:

Regardless, you started the thread by expressing astonishment that someone ran away from you at a camp, which has
nothing
to do with balance. It has to do with your expectations not matching what you were likely to find at a camp.

Theres a difference between caring about objectives and winning and carring about the ktrain and pips.

Correct, there is a difference. And just like @Illconceived Was Na.9781 pointed out... there are "all sorts of players"...

I honestly don't understand your thread. You provide 1 clip of 1 encounter and that's your sample of the playerbase not wanting to fight? Your arguments would be stronger if you didn't find any fights throughout an entire game session, but we all know that won't ever be the case... So again, not sure what the real point to the thread really is?

The intent is to complain about Warclaw incessantly to the point that it gets deleted, which will never happen. He hates Warclaw and will do anything and everything to show everybody just how much he hates it. Doesn't understand that WvW is not strictly PvP and that people should and do have a choice as to whether or not they engage in a 1v1 matchup. If people do not want to fight other people, they will not fight. Whether that means running away, waypointing away, or simply just standing there while the other person kills them. You can't force somebody to play a game the way you want it to be played and expect it to be played. Doesn't work that way. Yes WvW is an openworld setting where people can fight other people, but they also do not have to. There are other things to do as well that doesn't involve 1v1.

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:The intent is to complain about Warclaw incessantly to the point that it gets deleted, which will never happen. He hates Warclaw and will do anything and everything to show everybody just how much he hates it. Doesn't understand that WvW is not strictly PvP and that people should and do have a choice as to whether or not they engage in a 1v1 matchup. If people do not want to fight other people, they will not fight. Whether that means running away, waypointing away, or simply just standing there while the other person kills them. You can't force somebody to play a game the way you want it to be played and expect it to be played. Doesn't work that way. Yes WvW is an openworld setting where people can fight other people, but they also do not have to. There are other things to do as well that doesn't involve 1v1.

I can also join PvP and not fight over caps because i don't want to.

Or join tarir and kill octovine because i like DPSing and thats how i like to play, to see if our side can kill it first.

Or play a BR game except i don't want poeple to shoot at me so i just go and jump in the water to die.

Or i can play football without ever touching the ball.

Or i can just play the game normally. It isn't about 1v1, it is about a free for all wild west open PvP whether it is 1v1, 2v2, 10v10, 30v30. Instead we get monoblob skilllag ktrain meta which is a pathetic joke to any world PvP oriented player comming from other MMO's, the fact that for most poeple WvW is almost strictly PvE says enough here. Simply playing PvD is not intended design, you know this, and you know that no other PvP game would dare design their mechanics like this game but that this game panders towards casuals.But yeah next time you play a MOBA and your midlaner is feeding by diving on every chance just tell yourself "I can't force them to play how i want to, if they like going 0-21 because they like diving let them".

Who am i kidding though talking to you about mounts, you don't understand balance lol.

PvP modes shouldn't be carebear modes. Meanwhile in MOBA's you can be reported for not playing your assigned role, how come competitively focused games seem to get everything way better?

@Swagger.1459 said:

nothing

Correct, there is a difference. And just like @Illconceived Was Na.9781 pointed out... there are "all sorts of players"...

I honestly don't understand your thread. You provide 1 clip of 1 encounter and that's your sample of the playerbase not wanting to fight? Your arguments would be stronger if you didn't find any fights throughout an entire game session, but we all know that won't ever be the case... So again, not sure what the real point to the thread really is?

Literally explained the thread in comments above.

This really doesn't make sense. The thread title says you adapted, but the thread is complaining about the behavior of another player, which is the opposite of adapting to it . . .

If your point is that you want fights you should be grateful to the player in your vid for saving you the trouble of finding out they couldn't give you one. No harm no foul . . .

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:The intent is to complain about Warclaw incessantly to the point that it gets deleted, which will never happen. He hates Warclaw and will do anything and everything to show everybody just how much he hates it. Doesn't understand that WvW is not strictly PvP and that people should and do have a choice as to whether or not they engage in a 1v1 matchup. If people do not want to fight other people, they will not fight. Whether that means running away, waypointing away, or simply just standing there while the other person kills them. You can't force somebody to play a game the way you want it to be played and expect it to be played. Doesn't work that way. Yes WvW is an openworld setting where people can fight other people, but they also do not have to. There are other things to do as well that doesn't involve 1v1.

Yea totally agree... when I play battlefield I get angry that other people kill me, I just want to run around and admire the graphics and anyone who says im playing the game wrong needs to adapt.

Same goes for WvW.. I just want to admire the armor of my enemies. Thats why I do open world pvp of course...End sarcasm.

I get his point, I get yours... but these arguements are borderline ludicrous.

Its either open world pvp or its not, currently WvW has the wrong description as its not open world pvp but claims to be.... Its like saying GW2 is a racing game just because it has beetle racing when its not... well thats wvw right now, claiming to be something its not.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:The intent is to complain about Warclaw incessantly to the point that it gets deleted, which will never happen. He hates Warclaw and will do anything and everything to show everybody just how much he hates it. Doesn't understand that WvW is not strictly PvP and that people should and do have a choice as to whether or not they engage in a 1v1 matchup. If people do not want to fight other people, they will not fight. Whether that means running away, waypointing away, or simply just standing there while the other person kills them. You can't force somebody to play a game the way you want it to be played and expect it to be played. Doesn't work that way. Yes WvW is an openworld setting where people can fight other people, but they also do not have to. There are other things to do as well that doesn't involve 1v1.

Yea totally agree... when I play battlefield I get angry that other people kill me, I just want to run around and admire the graphics and anyone who says im playing the game wrong needs to adapt.

Same goes for WvW.. I just want to admire the armor of my enemies. Thats why I do open world pvp of course...End sarcasm.

Its either open world pvp or its not, currently WvW has the wrong description as its not open world pvp but claims to be.... Its like saying GW2 is a racing game just because it has beetle racing when its not... well thats wvw right now, claiming to be something its not.

it takes two to tango, unfortunately. while it is pvp, players can simply choose not to participate. :/

@Sovereign.1093 said:

it takes two to tango, unfortunately. while it is pvp, players can simply choose not to participate. :/

See thats why I cant call it open world pvp anymore because theres now an option to participate in the mode without actually doing pvp.Its just a PvE map now that allows player killing.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

See thats why I cant call it open world pvp anymore because theres now an option to participate in the mode without actually doing pvp.Its just a PvE map now that allows player killing.

no no, i mean in any game mode, you can choose not to participate.

unless its pve