Nerf Mantra Mesmers and Revenants

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:I've never liked the idea of mantras, at least the ones that do damage. Inherently uncompetitive. The interrupt is fine but not with damage from Power Block.

The Top Row traits on Chronomancer provides ridiculous damage and need serious nerfs.

Power Block is a very balanced trait, the dmg is not high enough to be even near as broken. The only traits need a nerf because they are op in their effects and make Mantra of Distraction rewarding even when only random spammed without interrupting or only interrupting autoattacks are CI and Lost Time. Mantra of Distraction with Powerblock is balanced and only rewards mindful interrupts on more than only autoattacks enough to be worth taking.In fact power block is bugged now, its cant crit/apply weakness on 3s cd as if its PVE. If you want to nerf LT, then nerf to hell LROD ele as well as it does twice as much damage.You are pretty much complain about the only good traits left for mesmer :) (cant say CI is not annoying to get immobed but its also in no damage traitline as well)They could rework GS since its in terrible state and has only 1 use -> combo shatter since 2012

Lightning Rod hits harder because it doesn't block people out of skills for 15s...

Leave mah Tempest alone, we dont need to be nerfed.

(I dont think mes needs nerf either, but nerf tempest comments trigger my jimmies)

Oh you again... You dont even know what i'm talking about.Small hint PBlock =/= LTime

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@praqtos.9035 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:I've never liked the idea of mantras, at least the ones that do damage. Inherently uncompetitive. The interrupt is fine but not with damage from Power Block.

The Top Row traits on Chronomancer provides ridiculous damage and need serious nerfs.

Power Block is a very balanced trait, the dmg is not high enough to be even near as broken. The only traits need a nerf because they are op in their effects and make Mantra of Distraction rewarding even when only random spammed without interrupting or only interrupting autoattacks are CI and Lost Time. Mantra of Distraction with Powerblock is balanced and only rewards mindful interrupts on more than only autoattacks enough to be worth taking.In fact power block is bugged now, its cant crit/apply weakness on 3s cd as if its PVE. If you want to nerf LT, then nerf to hell LROD ele as well as it does twice as much damage.You are pretty much complain about the only good traits left for mesmer :) (cant say CI is not annoying to get immobed but its also in no damage traitline as well)They could rework GS since its in terrible state and has only 1 use -> combo shatter since 2012

Lightning Rod hits harder because it doesn't block people out of skills for 15s...

Leave mah Tempest alone, we dont need to be nerfed.

(I dont think mes needs nerf either, but nerf tempest comments trigger my jimmies)

Oh you again... You dont even know what i'm talking about.Small hint PBlock =/= LTime

I do. Simpe mistype but not to distract from the point just sayin to leave mah Tempest alone ?

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Chorazin.4107 said:How the kitten did this thread arise with Holosmiths running around?

Holo can't be OP because Holo loses to Holo depending on who has stab.Holo loses to a lot of matchups... Fire weaver...and ....emm...holo vs holo depends on who has the stab © - Guess who said that on previous monthlyOkay thats not really about the mesmer now :D

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Chorazin.4107 said:How the kitten did this thread arise with Holosmiths running around?

Holo can't be OP because Holo loses to Holo depending on who has stab.Holo loses to a lot of matchups... Fire weaver...and ....emm...holo vs holo depends on who has the stab © - Guess who said that on previous monthlyOkay thats not really about the mesmer now :D

Holosmith: Being an easy spec means that all kind of players will abuse it.....skill level in a matchup is a thing

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Holosmith: Being an easy spec means that all kind of players will abuse it.....
skill level in a matchup is a thing
You must be genius! /sLets assume holo facerollers by default are way more skilled than others ?:DJustify spec being broken asf because in mirror matchup it wins itself?

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"Chorazin.4107" said:How the kitten did this thread arise with Holosmiths running around?

You must be genius! /sLets assume holo facerollers by default are way more skilled than others ?:DJustify spec being broken asf because in mirror matchup it wins itself?

The more I read the forum...the more I realize how lost is its userbase, I was not referring to holo vs holo but..whatever. ....I still don't understand how people can spend all day on the forum asking for nerfs left and right....do people think that Anet will sit and say : "ok let's nerf to the ground everything so that Mister X can win always 1v1 and against everything from now till the end of times"....lol ridiculous as it sounds I am starting to think that's the case.

One thing I have always wished to see is those asking for nerfs being forced to play the target of their cries...and except them to reach top positions in all modes within months, with videos showcases of them facing skilled players on other professions...would they fail to do so...I would punish them, may they stop believe to be all knowing masters of the universe lol

@Arheundel.6451 said:

The more I read the forum...the more I realize how lost is its userbase

During Jawgeous's MAT coverage he seriously argued Holosmith can't be OP because holo loses to holo depending on who has stab, which is just funny.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:The more I read the forum...the more I realize how lost is its userbase

Don't be so quick to judge, you are part of the forum in other's eyes.

Which is true also...and can't help but laugh thinking at how we all appear to the mods or other external viewers : I mean ..I would laugh hard watching individuals trying to outnerf each other while talking about skill in a game supposed to be run by a 13 years old

@mortrialus.3062 said:

The more I read the forum...the more I realize how lost is its userbase

During Jawgeous's MAT coverage he seriously argued Holosmith can't be OP because holo loses to holo depending on who has stab, which is just funny.

...I wonder how people are expecting to ever reach their unicorn balance in this game : there is only a single game mode which is conquest , three capture points that require the player to be sitting on them for a tot amount of time on his own or against enemies , the player must be able to endure the dmg onslaught and the mobility to run/move to other points...otherwise the player is useless.

You can have both endurance and mobility or a superior version of each one at time, we have 9 professions in game and 27 possible gameplay options so.....there can only be one victor, players will always pick what give them the best chances at victory and unless you guys wish for a single class with 9 different gem store skins...I can't see how this unicorn balance will ever be achieved

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Chorazin.4107" said:How the kitten did this thread arise with Holosmiths running around?

The more I read the forum...the more I realize how lost is its userbase, I was not referring to holo vs holo but..whatever. ....I still don't understand how people can spend all day on the forum asking for nerfs left and right....do people think that Anet will sit and say : "ok let's nerf to the ground everything so that Mister X can win always 1v1 and against everything from now till the end of times"....lol ridiculous as it sounds I am starting to think that's the case.

One thing I have always wished to see is those asking for nerfs being forced to play the target of their cries...and except them to reach top positions in all modes within months, with videos showcases of them facing skilled players on other professions...would they fail to do so...I would punish them,
may they stop believe to be all knowing masters of the universe
lol

.....Arent you the same person who made " nerf mirage and holo" threads? And a scourge complaint thread? Pot calling kettle.

@Solori.6025 said:

One thing I have always wished to see is those asking for nerfs being forced to play the target of their cries...and except them to reach top positions in all modes within months, with videos showcases of them facing skilled players on other professions...would they fail to do so...I would punish them,
lol

.....Arent you the same person who made " nerf mirage and holo" threads? And a scourge complaint thread? Pot calling kettle."Like seriously. Be more of a hypocrite" ©I remember this thread, he didnt even knew what made this classes so strong...i'm not sure but didnt he made nerf scrapper thread but idk where it is now? Merged or it was someone else?I would punish them
O3U4sb3.jpg
Why should I invest two months into playing X class and record 2 months of my gameplay for "The Punisher" that do nothing but babbling some nonsense and derailing the thread?

@Solori.6025 said:

A soulbeast main got mad that someone said his 2 shot pew pew build was doing too much unblockable damage so he made a thread targeting mes and Rev to distract from the fact soulbeast globals someone from 1800r.

Except he's actually a good player with valid points lol

I mean let's be real he would probably shit on you with most classes regardless of the class he mains so what's your point?

@ZhouX.8742 said:

A soulbeast main got mad that someone said his 2 shot pew pew build was doing too much unblockable damage so he made a thread targeting mes and Rev to distract from the fact soulbeast globals someone from 1800r.

I mean let's be real he would probably kitten on you with most classes regardless of the class he mains so what's your point?

If the point was too hard for you to understand they have online english classes for you.I stated what the point of the thread was. I don't care if he was a World Tournament player. He made the thread in spite. It's pretty obvious given the OP and the unranked screen shot to try and prove a point.If you wish to debate the points he made. Go back to page 1 and reply to any of the counter points.If you wish to sit here and make pointless attacks on my person for calling out why the thread is made without giving any actual feedback then be my guest. Reply and continue.I don't have the energy to go back and forth with some random whose first response is " Nah ah he'll beat you he better" like some kind of neanderthal.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

I mean let's be real he would probably kitten on you with most classes regardless of the class he mains so what's your point?He made a thread without a single valid point and it was pointed out not just by me but many people, including these who dont even play the mesmer.Oh wait, you are another slb main, why I'm not even surprised :joy:@mortrialus.3062 said:People are angry in this thread at power mesmers, but wait until they start to see the new condi mantra mirage.Not really. 80% of this thread is offtopic/derailing and not discussing power mantra mesmer, on EU region you will not find this double mantra mesmers almost at all, if you will find any mesmer it would be chaos rupt chrono/mirage. I bet NA is a noobfiesta if they have that many mantra mesmers...

The season I got r2 I played around 20-25% of my games on mesmer. It's also my third most played class, so I understand how it works.

Also, it's not really a L2P issue on my part either. I guess EU mesmers can't land instant cast bursts? lol and you guys say NA players are bad

1. Funnily enough, for @"Xstein.2187" asking me to get top 10 in ranked with it... In the first and second screenshots, Mur is r7 and r10 respectively and uses the mantra mesmer build religiously to farm the leaderboards. So clearly, it's been a viable build at high ratings for at least several PvP seasons.
  2. Zeromis, the best mesmer on NA (and probably the best mesmer in general) also thinks mantras are ez mode. You can see how easy the burst is to land in this clip and Shorts isn't even on mirage.
  3. Realistically, the mantra combos should land 100% of the time. The build doesn't insta die in longer fights either as shown in this clip. The fight lasted about 30-40 seconds and went back and forth. You can see nearly, if not all, mantra charges landing consistently against one of the best players in the game running a well-rounded build that has won him several monthlies.
  4. Furthermore, Mantra of Distraction + Power Block is hands down THE strongest interaction in the game. The combination of the two can effectively prevent a player from casting their heal skill indefinitely.

Mirages (and mesmers in general) are still ridiculously strong. The people who say otherwise simply don't know how to play the class. As for the people saying I'm making this thread to detract from Sic Em ranger nerf threads, that's not the case. I've stated multiple times in the past that I do not use that skill and couldn't care less if it was removed from the game. Sic Em is a bad, gimmicky utility tied to an easily mitigated burst that doesn't work against good players unlike builds/classes like (mantra) mesmers and power heralds.

@Solori.6025 said:

lol

.....Arent you the same person who made " nerf mirage and holo" threads? And a scourge complaint thread? Pot calling kettle.

I mean...are we seriously stating that nerf threads for mesmers/holos and scourge were unwarranted? In this same thread some have claimed that a lightning rod ele is far stronger than a mantra shatter mesmer....the statement was one of the most funny comments I read in the last couple of years on this forum..I'd make a celebration thread but...the mod police is around you know...