The only reason poeple complain about soulbeast is because it has a chance to dismount them

Anput.4620

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Anput.4620 said:So what happens if you dodge the winters bite, how does the build perform in general combat after that? I think we should heavilly dumb down necro, guardian and engie first as they are 100x more played and abused than ranger, makes more sense rite?

You can one tap people with other skills (including racial ones), which is even presented on the video. Considering that soulbeast boosts make your skills hit for at least twice than you'd usually do, there's at least 2 skills on each (power) weapon set that can do incredibly high damage during that period.

What would you do on other classes if they miss their combo? Wait for (at least) 15 seconds and try again. On soulbeast you have at least 2 comeback chances or you can just disengage with gs+owl leaps. Besides, half of the classes dont even have stealth and you're asking what happens if you dodge a 1-shot from stealth.. What happens when you dont have dodges and you face a fully buffed slb? You're dead. At least some classes' bursts can be facetanked, reflected, blocked. We can discuss forever how many classes have high bursts, but this thread isnt about them. If you want to talk about rifle zerkers, gs chronos etc, make a thread about them.

Again, the point is not in avoiding the burst, the point is doing it effortlessly, doing incredible damage with it (no matter how much you dodge, high damage is high damage), having multiple high damage skills (or autos, depending on weapons) and still having tools to escape (which have quite low cooldown). Bonus points for using stealth or 1800 range to do all that.

I hate when poeple say you can disengage with leaps when other poeple will just gun you down while you wait 10s for beastmode CD to come off to meld with owl. These builds are trash, whenever the burst fails to someone that knows how to dodge i get my kitten handed to me, meanwhile when i play the normal balanced build that uses durability runes and marauder gear with wilderness survival i have followups, auto attacks hit 5k with sicc em and everything else, not 10, these meme builds are as bad as the poeple dying to them.

Umm with zerk-maurader stats,scholar runes,sic em,owp and dps boosting traits u can easily proc UU with merge on owl and do enough dps to down most classes or close to in one rapid fire succession and if get pressured swoop,gs leap away with swiftness from ur other owl skill all with a extra heal. I do it all the time,its a great disengage. If u camp smokescale for that bit of extra dps u dont even need that's on u. But dont say u have to wait out ur 10 sec beast mode CD to disengage cuz u definitely do not.

Except the standard build uses smokescale and rampage as elite skill because these full zerk scholar cheese builds are bad in actual duels and only good to stomp random bads.

Umm than dont? Use smokey and hooter, ya still one burst noobs down and have mobility and a heal.

Yeah exactly, it kills bad players easilly, vs decent ones it is the same as any other roaming build, arguebly weaker than some like holo.

Having a burst high enough to kill bad players from 100-0 in one skill makes it less broken if it's more apt to be successful against the bad players? The 100-0 still exist either way and shouldn't especially with such ease of execution and being done from such a safe range on top is silliness.

If you.facetank a whole rotation you absolutely should die for it.

Yeah sic em burst sure is quite the rotation lmao. That's like saying a skill that's dodgeable but is a one shot everytime is fine because if u didn't dodge it u deserved it. The point is the potential to do what sic em does and how it does it shouldn't exist in a pvp mode of any kind.

It uses your elite, your class mechanic and a utility. And, it doesn't happen instantly. Between prebuffing and channeling is a good 4 seconds for the target to do... Well... Anything but stand thereIf a warrior popped that much on your face and you ate it, you'd be dead 3x over

2 utilities, and LB 2 cd.

Warrior can already kill you 3x over with 3 arc dividers in a row utilising berserker heal, but it can't dismount you so poeple don't give a crap.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anput.4620 said:

Ok I'll bite, are you using signet of the hunt instead of unstoppable union?

Because personally, I think soulbeast is op because of unstoppable union. But I also know meta battle doesn't use it.

Or, is it quickening zephyr? Because a sigil of rage is more efficient imo

@Anput.4620 said:

@Anput.4620 said:So what happens if you dodge the winters bite, how does the build perform in general combat after that? I think we should heavilly dumb down necro, guardian and engie first as they are 100x more played and abused than ranger, makes more sense rite?

You can one tap people with other skills (including racial ones), which is even presented on the video. Considering that soulbeast boosts make your skills hit for at least twice than you'd usually do, there's at least 2 skills on each (power) weapon set that can do incredibly high damage during that period.

What would you do on other classes if they miss their combo? Wait for (at least) 15 seconds and try again. On soulbeast you have at least 2 comeback chances or you can just disengage with gs+owl leaps. Besides, half of the classes dont even have stealth and you're asking what happens if you dodge a 1-shot from stealth.. What happens when you dont have dodges and you face a fully buffed slb? You're dead. At least some classes' bursts can be facetanked, reflected, blocked. We can discuss forever how many classes have high bursts, but this thread isnt about them. If you want to talk about rifle zerkers, gs chronos etc, make a thread about them.

Again, the point is not in avoiding the burst, the point is doing it effortlessly, doing incredible damage with it (no matter how much you dodge, high damage is high damage), having multiple high damage skills (or autos, depending on weapons) and still having tools to escape (which have quite low cooldown). Bonus points for using stealth or 1800 range to do all that.

I hate when poeple say you can disengage with leaps when other poeple will just gun you down while you wait 10s for beastmode CD to come off to meld with owl. These builds are trash, whenever the burst fails to someone that knows how to dodge i get my kitten handed to me, meanwhile when i play the normal balanced build that uses durability runes and marauder gear with wilderness survival i have followups, auto attacks hit 5k with sicc em and everything else, not 10, these meme builds are as bad as the poeple dying to them.

Umm with zerk-maurader stats,scholar runes,sic em,owp and dps boosting traits u can easily proc UU with merge on owl and do enough dps to down most classes or close to in one rapid fire succession and if get pressured swoop,gs leap away with swiftness from ur other owl skill all with a extra heal. I do it all the time,its a great disengage. If u camp smokescale for that bit of extra dps u dont even need that's on u. But dont say u have to wait out ur 10 sec beast mode CD to disengage cuz u definitely do not.

Except the standard build uses smokescale and rampage as elite skill because these full zerk scholar cheese builds are bad in actual duels and only good to stomp random bads.

Umm than dont? Use smokey and hooter, ya still one burst noobs down and have mobility and a heal.

Yeah exactly, it kills bad players easilly, vs decent ones it is the same as any other roaming build, arguebly weaker than some like holo.

Having a burst high enough to kill bad players from 100-0 in one skill makes it less broken if it's more apt to be successful against the bad players? The 100-0 still exist either way and shouldn't especially with such ease of execution and being done from such a safe range on top is silliness.

Yeah sic em burst sure is quite the rotation lmao. That's like saying a skill that's dodgeable but is a one shot everytime is fine because if u didn't dodge it u deserved it. The point is the potential to do what sic em does and how it does it shouldn't exist in a pvp mode of any kind.

It uses your elite, your class mechanic and a utility. And, it doesn't happen instantly. Between prebuffing and channeling is a good 4 seconds for the target to do... Well... Anything but stand thereIf a warrior popped that much on your face and you ate it, you'd be dead 3x over

Warrior can already kill you 3x over with 3 arc dividers in a row utilising berserker heal, but it can't dismount you so poeple don't give a kitten.

It also cant kill you from inside objective or a cliff or from stealth or you know..range.

Why didn't you mention rifle zerk which is comparable to soulbeast in play style? Is it because it can only dismount, but not kill the target, unlike soulbeast?

@LetoII.3782 said:

Because personally, I think soulbeast is op because of unstoppable union. But I also know meta battle doesn't use it.

Zephyr ofc, it also offers SS and 2 cleanses, i use the balanced duelist build, not the cheesy dies to anyone that knows their shit but oneshots noobs build.

@aspirine.6852 said:My necro signet can also dismount players, but that is not the reason scourge is so popular.

It can't, you aren't even able to get close lol.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Wow u guys use any defense I'm done arguing with delusion. A burst not being op if it's a instant kill and avoidable is ok and other wise is balancing for bad players lmao, ok. Well all skills are avoidable in some ways so all nerfing is moot cuz I'd be balancing for bad players in ur delusion lol.

You are not taking into consideration other factors of balance, stop focusing on this one thing.

@steki.1478 said:

Warrior can already kill you 3x over with 3 arc dividers in a row utilising berserker heal, but it can't dismount you so poeple don't give a kitten.

It also cant kill you from inside objective or a cliff or from stealth or you know..range.

Why didn't you mention rifle zerk which is comparable to soulbeast in play style? Is it because it can only dismount, but not kill the target, unlike soulbeast?

Instead of stealth or range it has invuls, blocks and defenses, every build has its own advantages, stop just focusing on pure damage and cheese but instead what makes a great duelist overall. I use the balanced duelist build, not the cheesy dies to anyone that knows their shit but oneshots noobs build, and it is way better overall, you don't balance around noobstompers, a Holo wins vs a cheesebeast 100% of the time, and even vs the more balanced duelist build it wins most of the time.

If this was really about balance in duels and not dismounting poeple would be complaining about Boonbeasts and Holos instead, the thing is that with the mount they don't have to fight those in the first place lol, it totally is about dismounting. Where did oneshot DE complains go? Holo? Berserker? Boonbeast? Mesmer? Rev? I see like 3 sicc em complaints on the frontpage but none of the aforementioned which are either as good or better.

Poeple just salty about the 1 build that can force PvP on them in a PvP mode which is ridiculous because that would be working as intended, because the mount makes the game not work as intended.

@Anput.4620 said:

Zephyr ofc, it also offers SS and 2 cleanses, i use the balanced duelist build, not the cheesy dies to anyone that knows their kitten but oneshots noobs build.

@aspirine.6852 said:My necro signet can also dismount players, but that is not the reason scourge is so popular.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Wow u guys use any defense I'm done arguing with delusion. A burst not being op if it's a instant kill and avoidable is ok and other wise is balancing for bad players lmao, ok. Well all skills are avoidable in some ways so all nerfing is moot cuz I'd be balancing for bad players in ur delusion lol.

You are not taking into consideration other factors of balance, stop focusing on this one thing.

Instead of stealth or range it has invuls, blocks and defenses, every build has its own advantages, stop just focusing on pure damage and cheese but instead what makes a great duelist overall. I use the balanced duelist build, not the cheesy dies to anyone that knows their kitten but oneshots noobs build, and it is way better overall, you don't balance around noobstompers, a Holo wins vs a cheesebeast 100% of the time, and even vs the more balanced duelist build it wins most of the time.

If this was really about balance in duels and not dismounting poeple would be complaining about Boonbeasts and Holos instead, the thing is that with the mount they don't
have
to fight those in the first place lol, it totally is about dismounting. Where did oneshot DE complains go? Holo? Berserker? Boonbeast? Mesmer? Rev? I see like 3 sicc em complaints on the frontpage but none of the aforementioned which are either as good or better.

Poeple just salty about the 1 build that can force PvP on them in a PvP mode which is ridiculous because that would be working as intended, because the mount makes the game not work as intended.

I think you're the only person here who's mentioning dueling. If people wanted to duel they would play pvp not wvw.

DE complaints ended when DE got nerfed. Same with condi mirages.

Sick em interaction with soulbeast does not promote healthy gameplay in any situation. Neither does 50% unblockable uptime.

Getting 25 might (warr with blocks, herald with facets and fury trait, holo with forge, soulbeast with wh, heal and merge etc) within 2 seconds does not promote healthy gameplay.

You don't see complaints about other classes because they are nowhere near as popular as soulbeast and they aren't popular because soulbeast does it much easier and much safer.

Why would I play 1-shot thief which needs to get in melee range or risks its burst getting reflected, when I can play soulbeast and do the same thing more reliably and from higher range?

@steki.1478 said:

Zephyr ofc, it also offers SS and 2 cleanses, i use the balanced duelist build, not the cheesy dies to anyone that knows their kitten but oneshots noobs build.

Instead of stealth or range it has invuls, blocks and defenses, every build has its own advantages, stop just focusing on pure damage and cheese but instead what makes a great duelist overall. I use the balanced duelist build, not the cheesy dies to anyone that knows their kitten but oneshots noobs build, and it is way better overall, you don't balance around noobstompers, a Holo wins vs a cheesebeast 100% of the time, and even vs the more balanced duelist build it wins most of the time.

If this was really about balance in duels and not dismounting poeple would be complaining about Boonbeasts and Holos instead, the thing is that with the mount they don't
have
to fight those in the first place lol, it totally is about dismounting. Where did oneshot DE complains go? Holo? Berserker? Boonbeast? Mesmer? Rev? I see like 3 sicc em complaints on the frontpage but none of the aforementioned which are either as good or better.

I think you're the only person here who's mentioning dueling. If people wanted to duel they would play pvp not wvw.

DE complaints ended when DE got nerfed. Same with condi mirages.

Sick em interaction with soulbeast does not promote healthy gameplay in any situation. Neither does 50% unblockable uptime.

Getting 25 might (warr with blocks, herald with facets and fury trait, holo with forge, soulbeast with wh, heal and merge etc) within 2 seconds does not promote healthy gameplay.

You don't see complaints about other classes because they are nowhere near as popular as soulbeast and they aren't popular because soulbeast does it much easier and much safer.

Why would I play 1-shot thief which needs to get in melee range or risks its burst getting reflected, when I can play soulbeast and do the same thing more reliably and from higher range?

PvP is 5v5, not dueling. Open world PvP zones in MMO's are notorious for their dueling and 1v1ns.

DE didn't get nerfed, they can still do everything they can, the only thing that got nerfed is rifle stealth but they can still keep up permastealth, the thing is you can't backstab a mount.

50% unblockable uptime how? How do you even die to a glassbeast? As a normal longbow soulbeast i just pop my signet of stone and burst their no protection no defensive spec no toughness ass back.

This argument means nothing, it just supports what i said where other classes are as good or better.

They are popular because they can shoot at mounts, hence the thread. They aren't any eassier or safer, anyone can apply might use signet pop invul go berserk arc divider, if they arent dead use heal, arc divider, then if they aren't dead arc divider again.

Because Thief has permastealth, oh but that doesn't mastter because mounts. Because Holo has tons of boons, too much CC, and insane defenses, but oh you can just avoid those they can't hit your mount either, oh but what about those mesmers and their spike damage, what, mounts you said? Revs, they can only sometimes dismount and have to use all their cds for that so poeple don't care, 60k dmg with 3 arc dividers? Just press spacebar and run war won't get close ever lol.

Holo wins a 1v1 vs a ranger every time, really, a ranger can't beat it, the difference is that the random noob reaching their ktrain doesn't have to face the holo in the first place because it can't dismount, or any of the other builds but ranger.

Lets stand there while full glass ranger does the kamehameha wind up and than releases a channeled ability with clear visual and sound queue, eat it whole over 2,5 seconds and go complain on forums that I got "1 shot".Tried it, ditched it. Sure you might kill some baddies from time to time but after that you have nothing and you are useless for anything else anyway.

@"Cuks.8241" said:Lets stand there while full glass ranger does the kamehameha wind up and than releases a channeled ability with clear visual and sound queue, eat it whole over 2,5 seconds and go complain on forums that I got "1 shot".Tried it, ditched it. Sure you might kill some baddies from time to time but after that you have nothing and you are useless for anything else anyway.

Except the part where it kills you before it finishes channeling, especially witg quickness.

You think people complain for the sake of complaining? It has nothing to do with skill animation, it's about stupidly high damage output because of a simple 40% dmg buff that doesn't need to exist.

I'd be perfectly fine if it actually needed those 2 seconds, but most of the time I'm lucky if I get 1. Even mesmer/ele are easier to avoid than this and they have some skills with instant cast. They are easier to avoid because they have lower range and a lot lower damage output so you can actually counter them.

If you miss a burst, you're useless on any of 1-shot builds, but at least make them deal comparable damage.

• 4 months later...

I'm just going to leave this here:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/78645/the-only-reason-poeple-complain-about-soulbeast-is-because-it-has-a-chance-to-dismount-them/p1

vs https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89601/why-does-longbow-get-used

If this was posted in the WvW forum you'd just have a repeat of that.You can continue to run owl for damage though, nobody is going to stop you. Most people would run smokescale, there's 2 pets after all.In addition it doesn't address keep buffs + food/utility on top of bloodlust.

The OP is trying to put together a defense for a build that is strong, but is also far from godly. You have a chance to do things against it, and if you get into the ranger's melee range and start whittling it down, it dies quite easily.

I have to stress that the devs recently noted that the "POWER of the GAME" (not a song by Dragonforce, surprisingly) is too high. I interpret that as meaning that across the board, damage is too high, and it's NOT JUST RANGERS which benefit.

Good luck fighting a warrior, mesmer or thief in melee. Look I'm just listing classes here, there are lots that are OP (as always), but people notice rangers most because they are quite an easy class to learn and are thus popular.