Which weapon would you like to see for third elite ?

Kulvar.1239

In a perfect world we would have GS as a core weapon, then dw pistols for the elite spec. imagine dw pistols are mid to close range massive aoe dmg(closer=more dmg) while GS focused target close-mid burst dmg(same: closer=BIG dmg but at mid distance you can at least reach the enemy). Anyone wants to kill some demons, huh?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Greatsword is my favorite weapon in the game, and given my Rev is a Charr...well...

Just please don't make the GS a condition weapon....

There's already shortbox / axe+mace for condition damage.But there's already hammer / sword+sword for melee direct damage.So everything is possible, and Arena.net like to make original things for revenant weapons (melee staff, range hammer)

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Greatsword is my favorite weapon in the game, and given my Rev is a Charr...well...

Just please don't make the GS a condition weapon....

There's already shortbox / axe+mace for condition damage.But there's already hammer / sword+sword for melee direct damage.So everything is possible, and Arena.net like to make original things for revenant weapons (melee staff, range hammer)

Shortbow is a meme weapon. Melee condi gs has to happen

@DarkEmiLupus.2876 said:In a perfect world we would have GS as a core weapon, then dw pistols for the elite spec. imagine dw pistols are mid to close range massive aoe dmg(closer=more dmg) while GS focused target close-mid burst dmg(same: closer=BIG dmg but at mid distance you can at least reach the enemy). Anyone wants to kill some demons, huh?

Gunslinger :)

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Arkantos.7460" said:NO NEXT EXPANSION - NO NEXT NEW WEAPON

I remember A.net posting about releasing an elite spec outside of an expansion.

I would like to see a link to this.

Pretty sure all they said was that LWS5 "Will have some features that are the types of things normally reserved for expansions." And then wishful thinkers assumed this meant new elite specs... But it could honestly mean anything.

@narcx.3570 said:

@"Arkantos.7460" said:NO NEXT EXPANSION - NO NEXT NEW WEAPON

I remember A.net posting about releasing an elite spec outside of an expansion.

I would like to see a link to this.

Pretty sure all they said was that LWS5 "Will have some features that are the types of things normally reserved for expansions." And then wishful thinkers assumed this meant new elite specs... But it could honestly mean anything.

Yeah that's the problem around here.The last time that phrase got used was actually about LW4.4, wasn't it? When they were hyping up Sun's Refuge? And this community largely took it as some signal we were getting a "proper player housing system" with the Jahai update.Well was Sun's Refuge "expansion level content"? I thought so in that it was a proper in-world, lore driven representation of collections. It was fantastic. But it certainly wasn't the player housing system that many in this community made it out to be. And many people got salty.

Just this week That_shaman datamined some reference to a new tutorial area for "something" and at least one of the forum's resident hype-hounds said "this means they are working on restoring season 1"Not one person figured the obvious... that its likely a small tutorial for the WvW event.

So yes. I would very much like to see a direct developer quote that backs up this "elite specs out side of an expansion" claim that is being claimed as remembered.

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly, I'm inclined to think it's the wrong question for revenant...

Which legend should revenant get next?

Balthazar is an option I'd definitely be up for from a mechanical perspective (it could be based on the Avatar of Balthazar from the defence of Lion's Arch story step) - story-wise, though, there are a couple of issues with this. There's the issue of potential spoilers, and generally speaking, ArenaNet seems to have shied away from deity-level legends (example: getting Mallyx instead of Abaddon).

Other possibilities could draw from the legends of other cultures.

Currently, we have at least one human-associated legend, a charr-associated legend, and arguably a sylvari-associated legend in Ventari. We do not have a norn-associated or asura-associated legend. Asgeir Dragonrender would make a good candidate for the former - possibly with the greatsword people are asking for (although, tbh, I don't really subscribe to the "every profession must have a greatsword" meme). An asura legend would probably be related to magic and/or building things.

If we go into Cantha in the next expansion, a Canthan-related legend might be appropriate. Urgoz (longbow) and Kanaxai (mainhand axe) are both solid possibilities there. Togo (scepter or scepter+focus) might be another possibility, since we don't strictly have a ritualist profession (I'm inclined to think that any candidate that would simply be a typical, if exceptionally skilled, practitioner of an existing GW2 profession is unlikely), but Togo's spirit skills might overlap too much with Kalla.

@draxynnic.3719 said:If we go into Cantha in the next expansion, a Canthan-related legend might be appropriate. Urgoz (longbow) and Kanaxai (mainhand axe) are both solid possibilities there. Togo (scepter or scepter+focus) might be another possibility, since we don't strictly have a ritualist profession (I'm inclined to think that any candidate that would simply be a typical, if exceptionally skilled, practitioner of an existing GW2 profession is unlikely), but Togo's spirit skills might overlap too much with Kalla.

I think the GW team is done with Cantha due to all of the drama it caused them in the overseas market (it's the reason DR has a giant sinkhole instead of the Canthian District that originally there.) So I'd say it's unlikely to be a future expansion...

But, if they were to give a Togo/Legendary Ritualist spec, there's nothing that says it has to be spirits... While most gw1 players have the nostalgia of how op SoS or ST builds were, I don't even think Togo used spirits--he was a straight resto-heal-spam ritualist when he was an NPC. They could make a pretty interesting Ritualist spec tho utilizing Weapon Spells... Or even all of the Urn skills. Or both. (Urns as upkeep based utilities and weapon spells as f-keys. Or even vice versa.)

@narcx.3570 said:

@"draxynnic.3719" said:If we go into Cantha in the next expansion, a Canthan-related legend might be appropriate. Urgoz (longbow) and Kanaxai (mainhand axe) are both solid possibilities there. Togo (scepter or scepter+focus) might be another possibility, since we don't strictly have a ritualist profession (I'm inclined to think that any candidate that would simply be a typical, if exceptionally skilled, practitioner of an existing GW2 profession is unlikely), but Togo's spirit skills might overlap too much with Kalla.

I think the GW team is done with Cantha due to all of the drama it caused them in the overseas market (it's the reason DR has a giant sinkhole instead of the Canthian District that originally there.) So I'd say it's unlikely to be a future expansion...

But, if they were to give a Togo/Legendary Ritualist spec, there's nothing that says it
has
to be spirits... While most gw1 players have the nostalgia of how op SoS or ST builds were, I don't even think Togo used spirits--he was a straight resto-heal-spam ritualist when he was an NPC. They could make a pretty interesting Ritualist spec tho utilizing Weapon Spells... Or even all of the Urn skills. Or both. (Urns as upkeep based utilities and weapon spells as f-keys. Or even vice versa.)

Togo has spirits in the Mission Pack - in fact, the reworked Signet of Spirits was based off one of Togo's skills.

That said, it is reasonable to say that there'd be a distinction between having one spirit-summoning utility skill and having a bar full of them.

Regarding the drama thing... I recall that, and I suspect the sinkhole was largely a matter of "didn't have the time to fix it properly". The main issue was the mashup of different Asian elements, which is something that part of the world is sensitive about. Going into Cantha proper would give them the ability to either stick to a single theme, or to explicitly have different subcultures with different themes, which would probably be more acceptable to the people concerned.

Alternatively, they might not care as much nowadays. I have the impression that GW2 failed in China, for instance.

A couple of other considerations with Togo that crossed my mind:

First, I don't think Togo is really a credible choice unless we go to Cantha. He's a human of Canthan origin, and we already have a human of Canthan origin in the form of Shiro. There's not much reason to double that up without Cantha being a significant part of the story.

Even then... I'm not sure Togo actually meets the requirement. Togo isn't the one who defined the legend he took part of - it was Shiro whose impact on Cantha echoed into the Mists, and Togo was essentially just part of the conclusion of Shiro's story. Without Shiro, Togo would have just been another illegitimate offshoot of the imperial line. Kaineng Tah could be an interesting alternative, however...

@draxynnic.3719 said:A couple of other considerations with Togo that crossed my mind:

First, I don't think Togo is really a credible choice unless we go to Cantha. He's a human of Canthan origin, and we already have a human of Canthan origin in the form of Shiro. There's not much reason to double that up without Cantha being a significant part of the story.

Even then... I'm not sure Togo actually meets the requirement. Togo isn't the one who defined the legend he took part of - it was Shiro whose impact on Cantha echoed into the Mists, and Togo was essentially just part of the conclusion of Shiro's story. Without Shiro, Togo would have just been another illegitimate offshoot of the imperial line. Kaineng Tah could be an interesting alternative, however...

As much as I hate the idea of rev's getting Greatsword... If it came to a Cantha legend, I would want something like a Viktor zu Heltzer legend, where they turn greatsword skills into a full on chain sword and just straight rip off a real Castlevania vibe with it. Even though he never expressly used a GS, I think it would make for some cool animations and fun gameplay. Like just a super control weapon.