Sages firebrand full ranked matches from today =D

@"Ragnar.4257" said:Always like to see FB experimentation. FYI, build can be improved upon:

ahahahah! i was literally running that yesterday at the start of the day, just swapped cleanse mantra for mercy sig and traveler runes for resistance runes!

i changed it to this yesterday afternoon and started recording: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAneWnsADdCh1BDOCDkCjlKCLb8ceWP7lz1Z9EbAEAmAA-jZxHQBf7BAMwjAwE2foelBAwpAAA

here's my rationale for the build differences, or why i swapped some of it over:

dropping mace and focus since staff fills both roles better. staff 2 replaces the blast lost from focus on a shorter CD, it has better healing output than mace and at range, and you get swiftness to replace the travellers runes. the might and CC are just gravy, particularly since the line can stop a teleporting ele or rev and mess up their rotation. you lose the blocks, but i haven't found myself missing them tbh. you do lose a little regen/prot uptime from mace, but cleanse mantra gives 50%-80% regen uptime alone so it's not a big loss.

mercy sig+traited f2 passive+regen gives you 383 hp/s personal regen, 546 if you're standing in a symbol. without running the trait+mercy you only get 318 hp/s, 467 in a symbol, so an increase of 20%/17% personal sustain.

agility sigil lets you burst harder with axe, if they don't have stab you can almost always force a kill or big cooldowns. escape sigil lets you go from staff->f1 burst combo reliably so you don't get kited. balthazar's runes give better burning duration/damage than traveller+smoldering sigils, and free hp is always a bonus.

In the first clip above i'm running protector's impact, but dropped it for reviver in the last two. reviver procs on mercy signet as well as regular ressing which lets you guarantee resses .

so impact gives ~450 healing and 3s protection every 20s (i know it says 8, but it's 20) compared to reviver giving 10s prot+regen (2k heal)+aegis (1k heal). impact is better if you're dueling since you can immob someone in the symbol for free extra damage, but reviver lets you make some big plays to snowball fights or recover. same reason for mercy signet, getting it off can completely change the course of a fight like at 18:58. the extra 180 healing power makes up for some of the healing power lost from menders.

i was running glacial heart too, the chill is nice to help keep people in bombs and cover burning when it works but losing the cleanse+extra healing has a bigger impact on personal sustain and opens you up to getting condi bombed since without it you take almost 2s to access f2 2/4. both are very solid choices though. glacial heart is especially strong if you're running resistance runes since they make you tanky enough to lose the cleanse and sync up nicely with a traited elite mantra.

weighty terms is a complete sleeper trait man, so long as you have <15s cd on mantra of truth you can blow any of the other mantras for a second immob lockdown. i like using truth's last charge with f1 and another mantra's last charge with axe burst so you can effectively secure a kill every 15-20s instead of every 30s. works nicely with the axe trait too, letting you pull, CC, immob in the symbol for some great offensive plays a full support fb could only dream of. I think that's the biggest problem with menders fb, it's too reliant on teammates to win fights where sages can secure kills without help.

i've considered dropping the axe trait for quickness though, that opens up axe 3-2-sh4-AA for better damage output. not sure if it's worth losing the CC and cover bleed. It could be useful to access quickness mercy sigs too for more reliable resses. i'm not a big fan of archivist of whispers for sages fb, you get locked into f2 with no offensive potential for too long and f1 is for burst, not sustained damage.

I think what i'm loving the most is the absolute pressure this build brings. you have amazing res potential with mercy+reviver and amazing safe stomp potential with 3 of the instant cast mantras, letting you control fights better than anything else around

@sephiroth.4217 said:Didnt this hype already happen like 7 seasons ago?

yeah, looks like it's back in vogue though since it counters revs (CC, condi damage, line) and mesmers (more clones is just more burning)

@"Tayga.3192" said:09:44 "Match manipulator is now offline", lol.

I used to play more seriously, so i have a couple dozen people tagged as match manipulators so i know who to queue dodge =D

@otto.5684 said:Sage FB, Virtues/honor/FB is guardian strongest sPvP dps build. Solid damage, great CC and great support. Good against bruiser power builds, which dominate the meta. It is immobile and susceptible to condi damage.

If you're running into heavy conditions, try resistance runes. 4s resist every 20s, elite has a 20s cd traited. Also gives toughness and reduces condition duration for a nicely rounded defense

It's awesome when you're getting focused since you can break stun, stab, retal, and resist to get you out of trouble =D

Staff helped a lot with mobility too, so far I'm liking it more than mace

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Didnt this hype already happen like 7 seasons ago?

yeah, looks like it's back in vogue though since it counters revs (CC, condi damage, line) and mesmers (more clones is just more burning)

@"Tayga.3192" said:09:44 "Match manipulator is now offline", lol.

I used to play more seriously, so i have a couple dozen people tagged as match manipulators so i know who to queue dodge =D

Hmmm.... pulled out my burn FB...I might have to tweak mine, its got judges intervention, sword of justice and purging flames with a scepter.. I cant even remember how I managed to make that work.