Some stat-selectable items did not get reset by the patch.

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:The hotfix of attribute-selectable item’s reset was deployed last week and all items that should have been reset have been. I want to dispel a misunderstanding that all attribute-selectable item would have their selector reset: only the ones that were level 80 and that were affected by selector changes, minus a few categories that were listed in the blog post and my previous post, were eligible for a reset.

So basically it was only aimed at PvE gear.

Shame... after the introduction of Warclaw rendering 6 years worth of gear moot I was certain this was the chance you were giving us to adapt.

Really sucks making 30 odd characters in Celestial gear just for you guys to say "thanks for the 6 years of loyalty now eff off".

What a huge waste of time and money. 6 years worth to be exact.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we expecting any follow-up on the issue this week? In my case the LS3 ascended trinkets and Wylenn's Manual of Style still have not been reset. Without further official notification, it is hard to decide if I should keep on waiting or go straight farming some more. Thank you!

@"Combatter.5123" said:I'm saddened that "crafted" back items seems to include ascended ones made in the mystic forge, such as Mawdrey and the Tempered Spinal Blades - I have both items and neither have had their stats reset.

If I made Mawdrey now, I would be able to choose from all available stat combos but, because I made it a while back, I am stuck with the stat combo I chose back then when I had a more limited choice.

@Joey.4369 said:

@"Combatter.5123" said:I'm saddened that "crafted" back items seems to include ascended ones made in the mystic forge, such as Mawdrey and the Tempered Spinal Blades - I have both items and neither have had their stats reset.

If I made Mawdrey now, I would be able to choose from all available stat combos but, because I made it a while back, I am stuck with the stat combo I chose back then when I had a more limited choice.

My Mawdrey didn't get reset either, but earlier, @Kuulpb.5412 said his Mawdrey did get reset. So hopefully ours do too if they ever decide to fix this.

Mines got reset successfully. So did my Mordrem Loop.

So I received a reply to my ticket today. Here's the response:

I took a look and the Hotifx was released last week. The forum post for this can be found here: (link to this thread)

As Stephane states within this forum page: The hotfix of attribute-selectable item’s reset was deployed last week and all items that should have been reset have been. I want to dispel a misunderstanding that all attribute-selectable item would have their selector reset: only the ones that were level 80 and that were affected by selector changes, minus a few categories that were listed in the blog post and my previous post, were eligible for a reset.

As such it seems that if your items have not had their stats reset, they were not meant to. I understand that is a bit of an odd answer, but it is safe to assume that if the items were not triggered to have their stats changed, they were not an item that fit the category Stephane had mentioned.

Gotta love the instant assumption that they didn't screw up the reset. Here's the thing - either they screwed it up, OR Stephane (and whomever wrote the patch notes) has no idea what the parameters were for the reset OR the parameters weren't explained properly. It's one of those. Because going by the patch notes, there's no way that one Black Ice Earring (for instance) should have been reset while another on the same character or account was not. Black Ice Earrings do not fall into any of the categories listed as ineligible, so EVERY Black Ice Earring in the game on EVERY account should have been reset. On my account alone, I have at least a dozen (prob more) LWS3 ascended trinkets that didn't get reset.

Either we need a better explanation, or it needs to be fixed. Pick one ANet.

@"Linken.6345" said:You do know you can easily stat swap the caladbolg right?

On the character that completed the story missions, go and find Ridhais in your home instance. She will allow you to exchange your current ascended weapon for a different one for 1000  Unbound Magic.png Unbound Magic.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Caladbolg_OrchidaYes, but that's not the point. Why should I have to spend the unbound magic when other people got the reset on the same item?

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:The hotfix of attribute-selectable item’s reset was deployed last week and all items that should have been reset have been. I want to dispel a misunderstanding that all attribute-selectable item would have their selector reset: only the ones that were level 80 and that were affected by selector changes, minus a few categories that were listed in the blog post and my previous post, were eligible for a reset.

This is not a helpful post. Your hotfix appears to have still missed the mark. Additionally, you haven't provided adequate information that explains the problems many people have posted about in this thread.

For instance, my husband's Caladbolg was reset in the original deployment. Mine was not. Now, after this supposed hotfix, I still don't have a reset available to me. Other people don't have resets available to them on gear that reset for other toons they have or for other players. What gives?

This has Anet quality written all over it. Perhaps Anet can explain why, when comparing two exact same items such as Ornate Guild Armors, the item with core stat doesn't get reset while the item with HoT stat does.

This reset was a nice gesture, but poorly done. For me, it just forced me to re-select over a hundred items that I did not want reset and wasted a lot of time waiting to find out if I should just craft new gears, or wait for a proper fix for existing gears that didn't get reset.

If there was a hotfix, then it was a failed its goal. Almost every backpiece and trinket I own is a stat-selectable LS3 item, or a non-selectable laurel trinket. Ignoring the latter category, none of the pieces I had that were missed by the initial reset, were fixed by the hotfix. This including Berserkers and Nomads, most prominently. I think at this point I have to just give up on these ever getting properly addressed and corrected.

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:The hotfix of attribute-selectable item’s reset was deployed last week and all items that should have been reset have been. I want to dispel a misunderstanding that all attribute-selectable item would have their selector reset: only the ones that were level 80 and that were affected by selector changes, minus a few categories that were listed in the blog post and my previous post, were eligible for a reset.

I can VEEEERY easily assure you it was not, one major example are Two items owned by two different player, but other than that the exact same item, One got reset one did not. Unless the Hotfix was "player specific", I can safely say that not ALL that were supposed to did.

10 days of no dev response. Guess it's not important enough to read the player responses and help us understand why things didn't get reset. I thought based on the rules that all Black Ice Earrings were supposed to reset, but since that didn't happen and Stephanie said that the hotfix was applied, I have no clue why they didn't.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258

Can we get some clarification here, ANet? It's been a while, and the note regarding the supposed application of the hotfix was not very helpful.

Along those lines, I'm curious. Is there anyone who had an item that wasn't properly reset with the original patch that later got reset by this hotfix ? Can we confirm the hotfix even happened? I can tell you that nothing on my account was affected.

@jimbothirtytwo.1547 said:@Stephane Lo Presti.7258

Can we get some clarification here, ANet? It's been a while, and the note regarding the supposed application of the hotfix was not very helpful.

Along those lines, I'm curious. Is there anyone who had an item that wasn't properly reset with the original patch that later got reset by this hotfix ? Can we confirm the hotfix even happened? I can tell you that nothing on my account was affected.

I don’t believe I had anything reset after the original date. The only thing I recall finding without stats after that was some low level item that I’d probably neglected to begin with.

It would be nice if ANet explained how it actually worked or acknowledged that the reset and “hot fix” didn’t work as intended. I really can’t be upset that I wasn’t able to reset my LWS3 trinkets with Magi stats to Harrier, for instance, as I never expected such an option and instead am grateful that I can get these trinkets farming Bitterfrost and Bloodstone Fen! :) What does bother me is that what little response has been made seems like our messages have been ignored and instead it feels a bit insulting being told to read the exceptions: No, no where does it say why some of my black ice trinkets reset and others did not. :confused:

@jimbothirtytwo.1547 said:@Stephane Lo Presti.7258

Nothing after the initial patch, however I will state a few things that got reset were: An Exotic backpack in the IG collection on sandswept, Mawdrey(Ascended), Mordrem Loop, Caladbolg weapons. One Mist ring from fractals.

These did not: Raid rings, the other mist ring from fractals, Black ice earring, mist accessory, SAB Weapon, Raid weapon drop.

@Kuulpb.5412 said:

Nothing after the initial patch, however I will state a few things that got reset were: An Exotic backpack in the IG collection on sandswept, Mawdrey(Ascended), Mordrem Loop, Caladbolg weapons. One Mist ring from fractals.

These did not: Raid rings, the other mist ring from fractals, Black ice earring, mist accessory, SAB Weapon, Raid weapon drop.

Mawdrey and Caladbolg were supposed to get reset?

I think the easiest thing the team should have done is do a global reset on all items that have stats selectable rather than trying to cherry-pick through the thousands (?) of equipments

should be easily identifiable along the line of "SELECT item_id, COUNT(item_id) AS stats_count FROM items_stats_link GROUP BY item_id , stats_count WHERE item_type IN ('armor', 'weapon', 'backpack', 'ring', 'accessory', 'trinket') AND stats_count > 1" ???havent touched sql for ages, but a competent DBA should be able to work out what it is meant to achieve

another reset Anet, but do it properly to keep everyone happy?

I have characters waiting in limbo with some of their items reset by the patch (which I changed to new stats), and other items that were never fixed (stuck with their old stats, mostly where I chose Berzerker's because the options were so limited). This has been frustrating.

Going to clear up what's going on with this stuff?

Another error to report: though the update was supposed to convert items to the new stat-selection rules, this did not happen with some older items dating back to the removal of MF stats. They did get reset, but can still only choose from a very small number of stats.

@Combatter.5123 said:while I wait for their gear to be reset

Don't wait.It's not clear that ANet agrees that there's an issue that needs to be addressed.(Maybe they should; maybe not. The point I'm making is that I recommend moving on as best as one can, rather than waiting for a change that might not happen. There's all sorts of gear available in the game that has choosable stats via the new design, so there are plenty of work-arounds.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Combatter.5123 said:while I wait for their gear to be reset

Don't wait.It's not clear that ANet agrees that there's an issue that needs to be addressed.(Maybe they should; maybe not. The point I'm making is that I recommend moving on as best as one can, rather than waiting for a change that might not happen. There's all sorts of gear available in the game that has choosable stats via the new design, so there are plenty of work-arounds.)

Agreed! Based on what Anet has (and has not) said, I don’t think there will be further stat resets related to this. I would select stats on the items you have and work on getting new items with the stats you want in whatever way is easiest / most fun for you. Many of the LWS3 currencies are easy to farm and I find it pleasant to glide around Bloodstone Fen for extra Unbound Magic. :) The only thing I might hold off on doing is salvaging stat-selectable items.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:

Mawdrey and Caladbolg were supposed to get reset?

So were living season trinkets like black ice earring. but mine was not.

• 2 weeks later...