Tyria Pride 2019!

Lelling.6795

It's that time of the year again! Everyone's dressed in colorful outfits, bringing out their most brilliant dyes, and the bridges of Tyria are quaking in anticipation. It's happening!

Tyria Pride 2019 is coming!

Tyria Pride is an in-game march through Tyria, aimed at showing support for our LGBTQ+ friends & guildies, and raising funds for Rainbow Railroad, a non-profit organisation that helps LGBTQ individuals escape persecution and violence!

Just like the years before, both NA & EU will be travelling on the same routes on the same day!

Citizens of Tyria!

You are invited to join us in celebrating Tyria Pride 2019 this June 22nd and 23rd, at 16:00 CEST on EU and 4 PM EDT on NA on both days!

We march primarily to show our support for gender and sexual minority players, some of which have found Guild Wars 2 to be one of a few safe places to simply be themselves and get away from the hardships they face in the outside world.

In other words, we march to spread the message of positivity, acceptance and love!

Allies and proponents of equality for all are especially welcome to attend, as are those who are members of LGBTQIA+ communities!

In addition to having fun in-game, we also want to make a positive impact in the world by supporting a fundraiser! For the second year in a row, we are teaming up with Gamers Giving Back, who is leading the organisation on the NA side, and together we are raising funds for Rainbow Railroad, a charity focused on providing support to LGBTQ individuals seeking a safe haven from countries where their lives are at risk for simply being who they are.

When do we meet?

The events start at 16:00 CEST [EU] / 4 PM [NA], but you can also hop in early ^^

Commanders & organizers will begin gathering at 3 PM CEST / EDT, so you should already be able to reach us one hour in advance. You can contact us in-game, or join us on TeamSpeak (ts.theopencommunity.org [EU] / solts.org, PW: franticzebra [NA])

Where do we meet?

• Day 1: Ebonhawke! If you don't have explored yet, do not worry! You can reach Ebonhawke through a portal in Divinity's Reach, so we will also have a commander showing people the way through DR if needed.
  • Day 2: Lion's Arch!

How do we get on the same instance of the map?

There will be LFGs, and you can also squadjoin directly on the organisers.

We will also be using TeamSpeak to taxi people onto the same map via squadjoins. If you don't wish to join us on TeamSpeak, you can whisper one of the people on the contact list below and they'll help you join the correct map in-game.

You don't need a microphone to join Teamspeak, and you don't need to speak, so feel free to join even if you're feeling shy ^^

Teamspeak information:

• EU: ts.theopencommunity.org, no password
  • NA: solts.org, PW: franticzebra

What do I bring?

You don't have to bring anything! But, party boxes, kites, transformations, fireworks, and other fun things of all kinds are of course welcome! If you wish to dye your armor in the traditional pride flag colours, that's also a fun way to express support!

Fundraiser

But wait! We're not just talking the talk, we're also walking the walk, and we want to create actual change and improve the lives of LGBTQ+ people worldwide, so we are running a fundraiser for Rainbow Railroad, an organisation focused on helping LGBTQ+ individuals escape persecution and violence. You can find the fundraiser at justgiving.com/tyria-pride-2019.

How can I support the event?

Spread the word! Tell your friends and guildies! For easy sharing of information, you can share this promo image!

You can also support the event in-game - we're doing a bunch of pre-events and giveaways this year, to encourage people to donate to the charity fundraiser. If you want to help us give out better prizes, you can donate in-game! If you can spare anything, even just a couple ectos, it'll really help! Please send your donations to Lelling.6795 with the subject "Tyria Pride Donation"!

Who can I contact for more info?

• Lelling.6795 [EU]
  • AngelWriter.3652 [NA]

If you would like to help organize this event, please let me know by contacting me in-game, on the forums, or by replying to this thread!

Please be aware that we are marching in the name of unity and acceptance. Any attacks or discrimination against anyone, whether based on religion, sexuality, race, specific minorities, ethnic groups, religions, etc. are not welcome at this event.

BTW - we have a bunch of pre-events going on, if you're interested, here are the deets:

Fashion Wars

Since we don't visit them throughout the march, we'll be visiting each racial capital with the Fashion Wars event! We'll visit a different city each Saturday or Sunday, and in each city, members of that race will compete in a fashion wars event, with an overall winner being announced on Day 1 of the main Tyria Pride event!

• June 2: Rata Sum
  • June 8: Black Citadel
  • June 9: Divinity's Reach
  • June 15: Hoelbrak
  • June 16: The Grove

All Fashion Wars events start at 20:00 CEST on EU, and at 3 PM EDT on NA! The theme is "Rainbow", and the grand prize for the overall winner includes custom character artwork done by friend to GGB - Malchemist!

Mini-Marches

The mini-marches are our way of visiting the Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire areas, and a way to get the word out about Tyria Pride to those hanging out in those zones ^^ If you'd like to join, come along!

• June 1: Tyria Pride HoT (Already done! Thank you to everyone who attended!)
  • June 8: Tyria Pride PoF

Both marches start at 16:00 CEST on EU and 4 PM EDT on NA! Look for us in LFG, join us by connecting to Teamspeak.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Cynder.2509" said:Thanks everyone! You were BREATHTAKING! :D

Wee, I'm in the picture! Purple charr pirate. Next to Captain Kryta! And I see Gandalf the Gay in the center! And The Mega Wizard! \o/

Sadly had to leave before the raptor rainbow, it looks awesome. Here are some pictures from first day (EU) https://keeyasnowtail.tumblr.com/post/185776895406/one-year-has-passed-and-here-we-are-again-at-tyria

And pictures from day two (EU) https://keeyasnowtail.tumblr.com/post/185815096426/tyria-pride-2019-2nd-day-day-two-of-painting

<3 everyone who joined and organized this

WCtBryp.jpg?1For me and my boyfriend, this was not only the first GW2 pride but the first pride march ever. Huge thanks to the organizers and to all the wonderful people walking together and jumping all the bridges ;) Also hugs to ArenaNet for that social media logo ;D All this makes Tyria feel a very welcoming place <3