block burn anti ac guard gone?

Sovereign.1093

the trait was nerfed to no longer apply burning on block,https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amplified_Wrath

I am not an expert on the build or anything but I am pretty sure it was a combination of the rune/trait and stuff to make it somewhat viable. With the trait nerf it pretty much died. Ranger barrage skill fills the arrow cart killer role now I think?

@"Justine.6351" said:the trait was nerfed to no longer apply burning on block,https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amplified_Wrath

I am not an expert on the build or anything but I am pretty sure it was a combination of the rune/trait and stuff to make it somewhat viable. With the trait nerf it pretty much died. Ranger barrage skill fills the arrow cart killer role now I think?

True, but sadly most rangers don't even know how to set the view options to aim beyond the walls and onto the supply huts/stairs etc.

@"Justine.6351" said:the trait was nerfed to no longer apply burning on block,https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amplified_Wrath

ya. this was what i was looking for. god damn it. :/ i thought i was choosing the wrong traits.

anyways, not talking about burn guard, just the anti ac thing.

Fare well o' divine fire, enemy of arrow carts. It was fun while it lasted.

To a lesser extent, there still exists Superior Rune of the Guardian. The 6th bonus has an ICD of 2 seconds though... ehhh. And I'm not sure if it works on arrow carts/siege. Someone clarify?

@Sovereign.1093 said:

You were without realizing it then

@Zephyra.4709 said:

To a lesser extent, there still exists Superior Rune of the Guardian. The 6th bonus has an ICD of 2 seconds though... ehhh. And I'm not sure if it works on arrow carts/siege. Someone clarify?

Those do work... Kinda

They don't scale on your Condi damage. just a flat, low tick of 140ish.

But I did test them years ago, maybe it's been changed

@GaijinGuy.8476 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:True, but sadly most rangers don't even know how to set the view options to aim beyond the walls and onto the supply huts/stairs etc.

Please elaborate!

Barrage is not limited by LoS, you can hit anything inside the walls within reach. You need to adjust the view FoVs to the max so you can see the most área in the screen when zoom out to the farthest.

One wolf pack is affected by LoS so dont use it for sieges inside walls.

@LetoII.3782 said:

To a lesser extent, there still exists
Superior Rune of the Guardian
. The 6th bonus has an ICD of 2 seconds though... ehhh. And I'm not sure if it works on arrow carts/siege. Someone clarify?

Those do work... Kinda

no. just the ac thing. the burn guard is a different build

@Zephyra.4709 said:Fare well o' divine fire, enemy of arrow carts. It was fun while it lasted.

it burns the enemy now. but it does not seem to proc the area. im looking to test it some more. :/ was really looking forward to use it.

in hindsight, it is op. the anti ac.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@"Zephyra.4709" said:

. The 6th bonus has an ICD of 2 seconds though... ehhh. And I'm not sure if it works on arrow carts/siege. Someone clarify?

Those do work... Kinda

There isn't a "the burn guard". Which is part of the problem with Condi guard, you need too many trait lines to make a good one. But most burn builds use radiance, which used to have a trait that caused burning on block, which is what "the AC thing" was.

Most support builds don't use radiance, which is why staff monkeys thought it was some mysterious thing.

Clear now?

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"Zephyra.4709" said:

Those do work... Kinda

There isn't a "the burn guard". Which is part of the problem with Condi guard, you need too many trait lines to make a good one. But most burn builds use radiance, which used to have a trait that caused burning on block, which is what "the AC thing" was.

Most support builds don't use radiance, which is why staff monkeys thought it was some mysterious thing.

Clear now?

nothing to clear out. :/ like i said. my issue is just the block on burn and it disappeared. condi guard, different animal

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"Zephyra.4709" said:

Those do work... Kinda

Clear now?

The AC clearing burn guard build was DH with runes of the guardian using f3 on a group of allies under AC fire to proc the rune. Its been dead since guardian runes got an ICD.

@Arete.7019 said:

@"Zephyra.4709" said:

Those do work... Kinda

Clear now?

The AC clearing burn guard build was DH with runes of the guardian using f3 on a group of allies under AC fire to proc the rune. Its been dead since guardian runes got an ICD.

Applying aegis to others NEVER caused burning