Any Celestials still running around?

TwiceDead.1963

Just wondering if anyone is still running Celestial gear on their Ele's, and if they are how GW2 is treating em. Can't stick with a build on my casual Elementalist and instead of worrying for the future I might just slap on those stats and call it a day.

Not looking to do any SUPER SERIAL stuff with this character, so that means no Raids, WvW I might, and sPvP only unranked.

@spectrito.8513 said:Once a year i see a cele tempest in WvW.On Weaver you wont do much with cele stats, you will need more offensive stats in order to do damage.

basically this ... cele tempest might be okay cause of the healing part (but you miss the concentration)

Cele core ele was great cause they were not that much healing on other classes back to that day... now it's very different.

I'm running my own variation on Cele tempest in PvE and WvW. In general PvE it is great, as it has greatly improved survivability with mediocre DPS, in comparison to your average glass cannon build. I'm usually the one who revives the players who decided to run zerker and similar builds and get one- or two-shot. This is also the case for fractals. (Lower levels mostly)

For WvW it is quite terrible actually. The improved defensive stats still do not help me to keep alive because PvP DPS is over the top in this game. And Cele DPS is substantially lower than glass cannon builds.

In PvP cele is still nerfed, and therefore fairly useless.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJArYnMMoYgmG8NYBmCMxuBdDQHhLRLCAmbrN2mbHiBzgbYQAoA8AA-jhSAABnq6DAnAgoPgA0s/Aj6JST53aKBBVNgAeAASfgACAgAcz2MYzbmbezbezbez+uNv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NvZA-e

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:I'm running my own variation on Cele tempest in PvE and WvW. In general PvE it is great, as it has greatly improved survivability with mediocre DPS, in comparison to your average glass cannon build. I'm usually the one who revives the players who decided to run zerker and similar builds and get one- or two-shot. This is also the case for fractals. (Lower levels mostly)

For WvW it is quite terrible actually. The improved defensive stats still do not help me to keep alive because PvP DPS is over the top in this game. And Cele DPS is substantially lower than glass cannon builds.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJArYnMMoYgmG8NYBmCMxuBdDQHhLRLCAmbrN2mbHiBzgbYQAoA8AA-jhSAABnq6DAnAgoPgA0s/Aj6JST53aKBBVNgAeAASfgACAgAcz2MYzbmbezbezbez+uNv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NvZA-e

This looks interesting. Why the single piece of Carrion though?

I run cele (with commander weapon) weaver when roaming in WvW. The extra toughness help not being one-shoted by the usual gankers.The build and play-style I use makes building might fairly easy, so the dmg (from both power and condi) can build up nicely for 7k firegrab or churning earths.I also run cele in PvP (ranked solo q) and have a fairly decent success rate for the timezone I play, staying around Plat, with the occasional fall to gold on a bad streak.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:I'm running my own variation on Cele tempest in PvE and WvW. In general PvE it is great, as it has greatly improved survivability with mediocre DPS, in comparison to your average glass cannon build. I'm usually the one who revives the players who decided to run zerker and similar builds and get one- or two-shot. This is also the case for fractals. (Lower levels mostly)

This looks interesting. Why the single piece of Carrion though?

The carrion and soldiers pieces are just tiny tweaks for some extra power/vitality/condi damage. You can just swap them for celestials also if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on full Celestial since years and haven't felt any need to change it, especially since it would be very costly to just throw away all that Charged Quartz, for very little gain as doing any more damage would drastically hurt survivability.

I once bought an entire bag slot so I could keep an extra set of Berserker's, and successfully ran it off and on in group content for a few years, but ultimately ended up salvaging it because if not played very precisely you quickly become a liability to the group, and I'm disabled. Its just the nature of Elementalist, you either go glass and eat grass or you go hybrid and just do okay,, and I'm not sure that will ever change.

To be honest I do think that people should not use Cele builds outside of demi-support, since for DPS builds, either power or condi-based, other gearsets have long since superceded it and the lack of Concentration and Expertise has really hurt its viability.

I still don't understand why it lacks those stats, its not like it would make it OP since barely anyone uses it as-is.

(Link is in signature for details.)

Just get exotic sets that work well instead of one ascended cele that works badly.

DPS wins, being tanky to avoid to l2p, which is all the pro celestial argument in this thread, isn't what you should aim for as long as you literally don't have to play with your mouth.

Then again no hands ken does wow raids with his mouth...

@"solemn.9608" said:Celestial hits like a truck if you’re playing fire weaver, which you should be. Man, nothing but misinformation in these forums sometimes.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/81614/antitoxin-fire-sw-d-staff-weaver-montage-22-wvw-roaming-cat-wars-2

Less to do with cele and more to do with how broken sword is on weaver. If your doing things like that on dagger cele or staff cele or even scepter cele that would be something. Even then these are bust dmg with a lot behind them but not much to happen after the burst. Yes ele always been good with raw numbers but this game is not build arone the ideal of raw numbers there a lot of counter play vs physical dmg in gw2. If your class cant play into this counter play / counter to counter play then your only getting lucky shots in or some one is doing the work for you. Often montages are just that lucky shots just added together.

@Jski.6180 said:

@"solemn.9608" said:Celestial hits like a truck if you’re playing fire weaver, which you should be. Man, nothing but misinformation in these forums sometimes.

Less to do with cele and more to do with how broken sword is on weaver. If your doing things like that on dagger cele or staff cele or even scepter cele that would be something. Even then these are bust dmg with a lot behind them but not much to happen after the burst.

Ok, that’s a fair point. I wouldn’t say sw/d is broken though. Lots of builds that come close in DPS in raids/pve, in some scenarios even being preferable, and as for roaming, people have been crying about it hitting like a wet noodle but now it’s broken because the fire aura trait change made fire traitline viable for roaming again?

ele always been good with raw numbers but this game is not build arone the ideal of raw numbers there a lot of counter play vs physical dmg in gw2. If your class cant play into this counter play / counter to counter play then your only getting lucky shots in or some one is doing the work for you. Often montages are just that lucky shots just added together.

Well, good for that then. First clip of that video was literally all counter play - maybe I’m not interpreting your message right. These aren’t isolated incidents either. The reason I make so many of these is because this is what it’s like almost every time I roam/play, because the builds just work. Every time I come on this forum I see ‘it didn’t work for me so it can’t work for anyone else’.

Not saying you implied this - but it’s worth saying, that I sometimes get called out for being egotistical despite the fact that it’s so, sooo, sooo much more egoic to make the claim that ‘if I can’t do it, and we can’t do it, nobody can do it’.

‘Oh well you’re just cherrypicking the fights you won’

I’ve included a reasonable amount of great fights that I’ve lost throughout the series and beyond that - it doesn’t even matter. If it’s works, then it works! And I am telling you it works man. I play this build almost every time I roam and it works beautifully in most situations. Nobody wins 100% of the time, but some do win 70% of the time.

@solemn.9608 said:

@solemn.9608 said:Celestial hits like a truck if you’re playing fire weaver, which you should be. Man, nothing but misinformation in these forums sometimes.

Less to do with cele and more to do with how broken sword is on weaver. If your doing things like that on dagger cele or staff cele or even scepter cele that would be something. Even then these are bust dmg with a lot behind them but not much to happen after the burst.

Ok, that’s a fair point. I wouldn’t say sw/d is broken though. Lots of builds that come close in DPS in raids/pve, in some scenarios even being preferable, and as for roaming, people have been crying about it hitting like a wet noodle but now it’s broken because the fire aura trait change made fire traitline viable for roaming again?

It dose not act like other wepons ele has it dose not even feel like it should be on ele as is. The sword has pAoE that have fast cast times that the staff cant even come close to out putting with.

ele always been good with raw numbers but this game is not build arone the ideal of raw numbers there a lot of counter play vs physical dmg in gw2. If your class cant play into this counter play / counter to counter play then your only getting lucky shots in or some one is doing the work for you. Often montages are just that lucky shots just added together.

Well, good for that then. First clip of that video was literally all counter play - maybe I’m not interpreting your message right. These aren’t isolated incidents either. The reason I make so many of these is because this is what it’s like almost every time I roam/play, because the builds just work. Every time I come on this forum I see ‘it didn’t work for me so it can’t work for anyone else’.

You cant counter play as an ele you can only wait for boons to fall off and hope they do not have a perma boon build. That is counter play as well as counters to heal even counter to dmg boons these things ele dose not have. That a real problem for the class.

Not saying you implied this - but it’s worth saying, that I sometimes get called out for being egotistical despite the fact that it’s so, sooo, sooo much more egoic to make the claim that ‘if I can’t do it, and we can’t do it, nobody can do it’.

‘Oh well you’re just cherrypicking the fights you won’

I’ve included a reasonable amount of great fights that I’ve lost throughout the series and beyond that - it doesn’t even matter. If it’s works, then it works! And I am telling you it works man. I play this build almost every time I roam and it works beautifully in most situations. Nobody wins 100% of the time, but some do win 70% of the time.

So its a big numbers thing if you show off big numbers it looks a lot better when what realty wins fights is a boon / healing counter play and ele sadly just dose not have.

Wins a lost in spvp is more about your team work you can play any class any build you want as long as your group is working with that in mind.

Ok good point about the boons counter-play in roaming, but just note that this is the reason I play so condi-heavy. Protection isn't gonna help vs 3000-5000 burn ticks (resistance would but most don't have much access to it).

About big numbers - no I think you still need damage to win fights, man. When I see a meteor drop, arcane wave, lightning surge etc or FGS into a zerg and 8 people go down and we start winning the war of attrition - feelsprettygoodman, then I look at the arc meter and see it was me and maybe 2-3 other people who were responsible for it. You need damage to win but yeah boons/healing counter play as you said is still very important.

yes ofc, ele is still one of the classes that benefits the most from all stats, i mix in with zerk accessorys so not all fights are stalemate or taking forever. it takes practice to survive with less hp and less thougnes so i would not recommend it to a begginer

mute sound, i didnt bother to slap some music over it , just made it to show a friend:

• 2 weeks later...

Successfully running Grieving armor, Bringer's weapons and Celestial trinkets on my Weaver now (powerburn), pretty good combination. She's still a bit fragile but if you know what you're doing the gameplay is similar to other classes on full glass.

Doing about 4k auto hits and 8-9k burning ticks. Imagine if Cele had Expertise. :/