weaver range pvp

Pengu.7481

I assume you're talking about sword/x in sPvPAs a sword/x you're a bunker/duelist, there's no need to chase people and 100 more range wont change this, just get on los and wait for them to contest the point.

Now, If you're talking about Weaver sword in WvW you really shouldn't do it, If you want better mobility in sPvP or WvW swap to fresh Air.

@steki.1478 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Ride the Lightning, Lightning Flash, FGS ... that's more than enough for a spec that can sustain 1v1 forever.

15 (30) seconds, 40 seconds and 3 minute cooldowns.

On most classes leaps are 5-10 sec cooldown and shadowsteps less than 30.

Considering all my mobility as thief doesn't do me any good at getting a bunker S/X weaver off point, I don't see the issue. If you want to chase people down or kill them from range, S/X weaver is not the spec to play.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Ride the Lightning, Lightning Flash, FGS ... that's more than enough for a spec that can sustain 1v1 forever.

Considering all my mobility as thief doesn't do me any good at getting a bunker S/X weaver off point, I don't see the issue. If you want to chase people down or kill them from range, S/X weaver is not the spec to play.

Your mobility wont help you kill a s/d weaver, but it will pretty much guarantee you that you never get killed by one, which was again, the point of this thread.

@steki.1478 said:

Which was the point of this thread.. You cant catch anyone lol

Your mobility wont help you kill a s/d weaver, but it will pretty much guarantee you that you never get killed by one, which was again, the point of this thread.

If you're a bunker spec you're not really suppose to be able to chase down kills, that's what I'm saying. I think better dual skills would help weaver more than an extra 100 range on sword.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

If you're a bunker spec you're not really
suppose
to be able to chase down kills, that's what I'm saying. I think better dual skills would help weaver more than an extra 100 range on sword.

tempest was supposed to be a bunker/support spec ... weaver was supposed to be more of a duellist ! and no it doesn't sustain endlessly ! That just means you spamming skills randomly and hope to land your entire burst between 2 evades.

heck give more of the skills 900 range like some other builds. holo is also bunkerish, with waay more dmg/mobility/range. id gladly trade some bunker elements if i can actually kill ppl and chase them down instead of being slowpoke lacking behind. i like the class immensely but the constant getting kited or as holo kite them is way too easy to secure a loss/win.

if u want to bunker a point go for it. but id rather kill my enemy instead of having him constantly get back to me to contest the point since i cant catch the bastard to finish the job. this may be because im bad at weaver and trying to learn it but i still feel like weaver is lacking on the mobility/range part. i even feel im more mobile on guardian... GUARDIAN

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:tempest was supposed to be a bunker/support spec ... weaver was supposed to be more of a duellist ! and no it doesn't sustain endlessly ! That just means you spamming skills randomly and hope to land your entire burst between 2 evades.

ty ! this is exactly my point. gl dueling ppl when they can just kite ur burst. even if u get them down to 20% u lack the range/mobility to actually finish the job x__x

@Zexanima.7851 said:

suppose
to be able to chase down kills, that's what I'm saying. I think better dual skills would help weaver more than an extra 100 range on sword.

Weaver is not a bunker spec, it's the whole build that's bunker. Spellbreaker and holo are more of a bunker than weaver because they can have high sustain by default, ele has to be fully focused on defense to be a bunker and that has nothing to do with elite specs. Weaver is most popular as bunker because it's unviable with any other build.

Besides, it's not about catching people or sniping them down, it's about hitting them because half of the skills are barely touching anyone due to low range. Having CC and range on attunements/skills that have low damage output on top of global attunement cooldown doesnt help at all because you can barely even set up your own cc+damage combos.

Meanwhile you have holo leap which is both gap closer and a decent spike, corona burst which is decent spike and stab provider, rampage which gives health, some mobility, cc and damage all in one, as well as some warr bursts that are usually gap closers, do high damage while some of them have high CC as well. All of them are on lower cooldown than ele's skills with similar role. They usually have much higher base damage on skills as well higher base values of regen traits, making them not as reliant on gear stats.

People are just asking for some equality and double standards. Having 10 skills more than others is kinda pointless when you need to cast 3 skills to do the same thing they do with 1, while all of them have higher cooldowns and cast time to begin with. On top of that they have higher defense stats by default and traits that are available all the time, while majority of ele's traits that give stats work only in one attunement (which is counterproductive in the context of previous sentence). Not to mention that the only boons you can get from skills by default are swiftness and regen.

@steki.1478 said:

suppose

Weaver is not a bunker spec, it's the whole build that's bunker. Spellbreaker and holo are more of a bunker than weaver because they can have high sustain by default, ele has to be fully focused on defense to be a bunker and that has nothing to do with elite specs. Weaver is most popular as bunker because it's unviable with any other build.

Besides, it's not about catching people or sniping them down, it's about hitting them because half of the skills are barely touching anyone due to low range. Having CC and range on attunements/skills that have low damage output on top of global attunement cooldown doesnt help at all because you can barely even set up your own cc+damage combos.

Meanwhile you have holo leap which is both gap closer and a decent spike, corona burst which is decent spike and stab provider, rampage which gives health, some mobility, cc and damage all in one, as well as some warr bursts that are usually gap closers, do high damage while some of them have high CC as well. All of them are on lower cooldown than ele's skills with similar role. They usually have much higher base damage on skills as well higher base values of regen traits, making them not as reliant on gear stats.

People are just asking for some equality and double standards. Having 10 skills more than others is kinda pointless when you need to cast 3 skills to do the same thing they do with 1, while all of them have higher cooldowns and cast time to begin with. On top of that they have higher defense stats by default and traits that are available all the time, while majority of ele's traits that give stats work only in one attunement (which is counterproductive in the context of previous sentence). Not to mention that the only boons you can get from skills by default are swiftness and regen.

Can a class/build be called a bunker when it can be solo killed by one single revenant quite easily ? I mean ... then you would argue that no class can survive a 1v1 revenant (which I think it's not true => scrapper) then no one can be called a bunker !

@Clownmug.8357 said:The devs thought most people would be using grieving stats with weaver, not playing it as some kind of pseudo-bunker. Range, as well as damage and animation speeds should be adjusted to make that an actual viable choice.

Hybrid damage builds almost never work because the stat system in GW2 favors stacking the same stats too much. You have power, precision and ferocity stacking exponentially and then the damage modifiers stacking exponentially on top of that. The meager bonus stats that are offered by a 4-stat combo do not come close to compensating for this. Their concept of a grieving weaver was doomed from the start and now they don't know what to do with the spec.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:The devs thought most people would be using grieving stats with weaver, not playing it as some kind of pseudo-bunker. Range, as well as damage and animation speeds should be adjusted to make that an actual viable choice.

Hybrid damage builds almost never work because the stat system in GW2 favors stacking the same stats too much. You have power, precision and ferocity stacking exponentially and then the damage modifiers stacking exponentially on top of that. The meager bonus stats that are offered by a 4-stat combo do not come close to compensating for this. Their concept of a grieving weaver was doomed from the start and now they don't know what to do with the spec.

Hybrid, full power or full condi, it doesn't matter. To me it doesn't seem like any offensive stats work well with weaver because it's so hard to land attacks consistently.

Any class I add a healing amulet to...can sustain forever, some you don't even need a healing amulet : scrapper/holo/spellbreaker/boonbeast, the major difference is the latter can also dish out huge dmg while having 2x more mobility..all is fair in the land of milk and honey

That's the fact..how can you design something you don't know how it actually works? They make far too many assumptions...it's like another company designed ele and they're patching in to fix it

Ele is amulet and stat dependant that are not effective all the time. 1050 healing power is such a huge investment and a such a waste when it's only useful with water which you usually never camp. It's like other classes having 1050 power benefit from amulet only for 1 weapon and traitline. That sounds ridiculous, but it's the way ele is messed up. The same way having 1050 power is useless when you're in water. Or Earth, for whatever reason.

i can agree that the fact that weaver need to spec into healing power to be viable is stupid too. i dont see this with any other class. if they buffed their healing across the board that would help too since it cant be right that u need to run sage/mender just to be able to be somewhat competetive meanwhile other classes get their healing sustain for free and dosnt need to spec into it unless they actually wanna heal ppl or be bunker'ish.on wevaer that shit is mandatory which is a design flaw big time imho.