Fix rebound

Newholiday.8103

Seriously, for an 'elite skill', rebound is complete trash. The only useful part of the skill is the aura that you get if the heal doesn't proc, but the 5 second delay to getting that aura makes it worthless. If I'm getting sniped or meleed down, 5 seconds is all it takes for my health to go from 100 to 0. And a 2800 heal is going to do nothing to change that. Imo, rebound should be changed to immediately apply an aura so I have a chance to escape my opponents with shocking/frost aura or reflect projectiles with magnetic aura. Get rid of the heal and the fury for all I care to make it more 'balanced'.

Alternatively, give us an elite skill that isn't trash on one of the weakest pvp classes in the game.

Lol I hear ya. I will say this, it is useful for heal tempest in t4 fractals because if you know boss mechanics you can pop it before large hits and drop some heals before/after casting it, basically ensures nobody will even go down.

Now bare with me on this next statement because I think tempest deserves a DPS buff or two, but ... I also don't think tempest is a very strong option for anything besides healing right now (which is the problem). I know some folks use tempest for fresh air sc/f, or a niche warhorn build, but both of those builds are overshadowed by the stronger sc/f weaver choice (or sw/d, but that's a completely different playstyle) and most people who still play DPS tempest are only doing it because they A) don't like weaver on principle, or B ) are not able to adapt to weaver for whatever reason it may be.

That being said, yeah, I think tempest deserves a buff for DPS to put it on par with weaver and make it more than just a healer spec. Rebound isn't particularly useful if you're not healing, this should be changed in some regard, but I donno how exactly.

Its better then tornado and FG ele has bad elites and a hand full of good uitilys. There just no one working on the class so often its in the mood of if it has an effect that works its "balanced." That the way Anet is treading the ele class and how the non ele player base is too.

@"Crystal Black.8190" said:Just increase the heal it gives you if you die. Engis AED nearly fully heals you if you die in the 5sec after using it and clears all damaging conditions. If rebound would similarly reset our health if you "die" it would be far better. A lower heal if you didn't die would also help.

And AED is on a lower cool down. That's what's most disappointing. Our elite is a weaker version of their heal.

Increase heal and probably give a stronger version of standard aura.

Remove fury, have no idea why that was added to it in the first place. Especially for a skill that is more used for defense

I agree that Rebound could be buffed. For starters, the fury is extremely random and ill-fitting for a skill that is supposed to be healing/supportive in nature. I would say that giving it 3-4 seconds of resistance after the effect expires (meaning upon aura or upon the heal) would immediately increase its value. I also agree with others that increasing the healing value would be fair.

• 2 years later...

So many good suggestions in this thread. It's 2022 and EoD is about to be released. Did anet listen? No. Rebound is still trash. Tempest's elites are a joke. I only main ele. Why do I still play gw2 ??  I don't know, but Elden Ring is coming out in the same week as EoD. I'll probably switch. I only ever play mages, and anet have nerfed the living kitten out of elementalist.

17 minutes ago, dicemaster.1432 said:

So many good suggestions in this thread. It's 2022 and EoD is about to be released. Did anet listen? No. Rebound is still trash. Tempest's elites are a joke. I only main ele. Why do I still play gw2 ??  I don't know, but Elden Ring is coming out in the same week as EoD. I'll probably switch. I only ever play mages, and anet have nerfed the living kitten out of elementalist.

The real joked is they nerfed it over the 2 years and it looks like another one is coming from the pve lost of 10 targets.

If you made a time line of the updates for the ele class its kind of wild nothing anet says is true and they go back on it in a hart beat.