How cool is this?

I realise this may not mean much to anyone else, but I wanted to share it anyway.

ZmhksDi.jpg

This is a picture I drew about 17 years ago to be my avatar on a freeform role-playing forum (that's why it's so small) of one of the more unusual RP characters I've created, with her dragon Alzaranth. In-universe she was an experiment created by the gods of evolution. In real life I used my username (which was also Danikat) as a starting point and things...developed from there. The end result was pretty strange even by my standards (and that's before I added her army of armadillos) and not something I ever imagined I'd be able to use outside of that community, certainly not a character I could ever create in a video game.

And this is a screenshot I took in GW2 today.NuJqOIL.jpg

The top isn't quite the same and the tail is missing but otherwise it's a pretty much perfect replica of the two of them. I love that I was able to do this, it's such a minor thing but it's so cool for me to see these two brought to life in-game. The only other game which has come close was City of Heroes, which I didn't play but a friend re-created my character and sent me screenshots...but they never had dragons as far as I know.

Next step will be editing together a screenshot with the mini Aurene filling in for her fire-lizard Lopp.

This is awesome! :)I love making my made-up RP characters in video games and GW2 gave me that flexibility, makes gaming experience so much more fulfilled when being 100% immersed with your character! <3

I like your character a lot btw!

Ngl, this is pretty wholesome. Pretty accurate comparison! You might be able to dye the skyscale more with the datamined skins from this patch if you find one that has decent dye pattern.

Also, how did you get the 2 images onto the forums? I can only ever copy paste videos to show up. :/

I sadly can't upload big Thumbnail pics either :( I think we need 4 stars for that @"Zephyra.4709" ...and I've no idea how to get them >>But I wanna show off my RP character here, as I heavily based him off of younger Tom Cruise with long hair; I believe that this is as close as it can get:Ethan_Shadowfox_and_Tom.jpg

I love it how we have the ability to create characters based on some celebrities too, absolutely love the character creation <3

With the new Skyscale packs on their way, I imagine you'll be able to make some awesome color combinations for your Skyscale, OP! :)

@Blur.3465 said:This is awesome! :)I love making my made-up RP characters in video games and GW2 gave me that flexibility, makes gaming experience so much more fulfilled when being 100% immersed with your character! <3

I like your character a lot btw!

Thanks. :) I like the idea of re-creating my characters in games (and I love some of the other cosplay people have done, like making the Avengers or Disney Princesses) but I never expected to be able to do this one. I love that GW2 gives you so much flexibility in how you customise your character. :)

@"Zephyra.4709" said:Ngl, this is pretty wholesome. Pretty accurate comparison! You might be able to dye the skyscale more with the datamined skins from this patch if you find one that has decent dye pattern.

Also, how did you get the 2 images onto the forums? I can only ever copy paste videos to show up. :/

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with the new skins when they're released. Not just for this look but a few others I have in mind too. I'm tempted to use the branded skyscale and the new armour for a 'Claw of Aurene' themed character.

There's instructions here on how to upload images: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/853/guide-how-to-upload-post-your-own-images-on-these-forums

You definitely don't need 4 stars (I think anyone can do it), you just need the image hosted online somewhere (I use Imgur) and then you copy the link into the image box at the top of the reply box (next to links and emojis) and it puts it into the post with all the necessary formatting to get it to show up. I don't think there's a limit on how many images you can put into a post, but too many might not load.