World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@Rod.6581 said:I feel ashamed now. I will tell of my great shame to my grandchildren while they continue awaiting for any update on this.

There should be a WvW game mode funeral where all servers siege cap EBG with golems, free open stonemist, and a three-way server truce per match up. Everyone in all matchups who get into EBG jump off the top floor.

For greater participation, jump off the highest point in home Garrison if EBG has a queue.

That way, we can all mourn the death of the game mode together.

this would never happen, but it'd be pretty funny if everyone did and it was captured in a video montage

@acdspydar.8920 said:

@Rod.6581 said:I feel ashamed now. I will tell of my great shame to my grandchildren while they continue awaiting for any update on this.

There should be a WvW game mode funeral where all servers siege cap EBG with golems, free open stonemist, and a three-way server truce per match up. Everyone in all matchups who get into EBG jump off the top floor.

For greater participation, jump off the highest point in home Garrison if EBG has a queue.

this would never happen, but it'd be pretty funny if everyone did and it was captured in a video montage

There actually was a bug one reset years ago where every server was friendly to each other and all spawned at the citadel waypoint, wvw got shut down pretty quickly and it was fixed but it was quite funny.

@szshou.2193 said:

@"Rod.6581" said:I feel ashamed now. I will tell of my great shame to my grandchildren while they continue awaiting for any update on this.

There actually was a bug one reset years ago where every server was friendly to each other and all spawned at the citadel waypoint, wvw got shut down pretty quickly and it was fixed but it was quite funny.

I remember that, we were like "wayment..."

@Rod.6581 said:

@Rod.6581 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

Hmmm, not sure it really solves big issues we had for years...

it would however reduce tiers and fill each server with a decent enough population. =)

Will it help with skill lag we are experiencing with big fights?

lesser servers to host? yes.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Rod.6581 said:

@Rod.6581 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

Hmmm, not sure it really solves big issues we had for years...

it would however reduce tiers and fill each server with a decent enough population. =)

Will it help with skill lag we are experiencing with big fights?

lesser servers to host? yes.

At this point I doubt that. But! I hope some miracle do happen and you are correct so we end up with no skill lag. :)

@Daxia.1425 said:Wauw, it's already been 18 months? Would be nice to hear an update from Anet.

@"Frye.4608" said:Way to string people along for a few years. Very clever. And profitable.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2/p1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2/p1

Two updates in that time. And it’s been 18 months.

Now that being said, it may be years or never before it happens.

Just trying to keep the discourse factual.

@Rod.6581 said:@"Strider Pj.2193"

Did you intend to put 2 different links? Or mistakenly pasted two times?

Good catch. I meant two different links.

The second one (which is update 1) is this:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45856/world-restructuring-update-1/p1

And the second update was this:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:Sorry this is terrible. You are catering to guilds and ignoring your larger playerbase.

This is not a smart business model.

You do realize you're playing a game called
Guild Wars 2
, not
I play alone but still want to play with specific people wars 2
right?

You do know the lore behind the name, right? It’s not what you think.

If you knew the lore, then you would know that the last guild war ended in in gw1 before the searing.

• 4 weeks later...

@Asuhrion.9738 said:what was the name of that shooter, announced over a decade, though never released ?

I think it was called wvw alliances. Though it could have been Duke Nukem Forever, Half-Life ep3 or any of dozens of other projects. It's just the nature of things. Some things get planned and never pan out. It happens. I'm not sure we can say that it has happened here yet though . . .

But as long as we're talking about it, what happened with those skyscale rift cheeves . . ?

• 1 month later...

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:Hello everyone!

During our Live Event today, we dropped some hints about our future plans for the competitive game modes. We wanted to go into a bit more detail here. This list is not all-inclusive, but has some of the bigger things that are currently on our list. Please keep in mind, this list is not carved in stone. Many of these plans could be changed dramatically or outright cancelled depending on changing priorities.

World Vs. World

Scaling Objective Rewards

We’re looking to add some additional rewards to WvW. One of the big ways we’re looking into doing this is added rewards for capturing and defending objectives that scale up based on how big the action was. For example successfully capturing a keep that was defended by 50 players should be a lot more rewarding than capturing a keep that was completely undefended.

World Restructuring

World restructuring, commonly referred to as the Alliance system, remains our top priority for WvW. We’re not going into details on this post, since a lot of detail has been released previously. We are still not in a place where we feel comfortable releasing a target date, but we are still working on it.

There remain big issues in WvW there are not addressed by World Restructuring. The biggest one is finding a means to make winning mean something in WvW without motivating players to burn themselves out trying to maintain 24/7 coverage. We have some early designs built around this and will be investigating them once World Restructuring is finished so it is a bit too early for us to go into details around the ideas, but we’re thinking about them.

Insert "I't something" meme here.source