Support firebrand; a discussion

Doug.4930

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@subversiontwo.7501 said:Even though you phrased it as a discussion and underlined that it's not a complaint, the substance of the original post does not open up for much discussion and seems quite alot like a complaint.

Perhaps, I am trying to remain impartial, however I can't help seeing a lot of firebrands in WvW and very few alternative support classes.

Because Firebrand, as mentioned earlier, makes up the core of any support or group play currently, mainly due to their vast amount of stability.

Static guild groups run 2 suports per group. Obviously the first is always a Firebrand since no matter how much heal you have, if your group gets torn appart in the first engage (which it will without stability), you lose.

Firebrand translates very well into small scale fights due to two boons: protection and stability. If you engage a group support by a Firebrand and have no boon removal, you are essentially doing less damage andyour cc is useless, on top of everything else the Firebrand does (condi remove, heal, quickness, etc.).

@subversiontwo.7501 said:If you're having trouble with Firebrands in a 3v1 that is a you-issue and not a class/trait issue.

Not just having trouble, the difference when a group is running this build and when they are not is considerable. Vice Versa when my friends and I have this build in our squad it feels like we become unkillable. A team that was giving us trouble is now a steamroll victory when we have a firebrand and they don't.Why would anyone ever run any other support build? My problem isn't with just the class, but with that exact build I linked in the first post. EVERYBODY is running it on a firebrand. Monk runes and all.

Yes, people are running the most powerful build available. Who would have guessed.... Oh wait, everyone for decades and ages.

As mentioned, other support builds come in AFTER the Firebrand is present and do other things way better compared to the Firebrand. It's just that Firebrand provides the most meat and most important first support.

=) i think you have not fought a team of good scourge x revs