For ANet Developpers: Just a Reminder that the Musical Instruments are still bugged.

Dear Anet Developpers,The Communication has definitively got better.

Although one of the biggest problems at least for a Music Guild still remains, and having a little more communication on this would be gladly appreciated, if not a fix would be required at this point, hopefully BIG HOPES by "War Eternal".

The Octave Swap issue have been known since November, it's almost been 6 months and the issue is still occuring, with no communication that have been made on that matter more than in a private ticket. I believe the Staff Team when you say Communication will be enhanced, so PLEASE give us news on this and IF possible a fix date! I believe by this point, it should have been fixed, reminder that some of the touched object (8/12) are Gemstore items, which makes the fact the bug is still present, even more flaggrant.

Thank you for your time, Hopefully that we hear news for this matter more publicly.

• 4 weeks later...

@WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 said:The Octave Swap issue have been known since November, it's almost been 6 months and the issue is still .....

I ended up finally joining the forums to chime in on this issue even though I have played the game on and off since the initial release. One of the biggest fun-factors and past time enjoyments was sitting around with my friends playing and listening to music.

I have a slowly growing resentment spending the time and money crafting the Minstrel and buying instruments off of the store that do not function correctly anymore. This issue has been going on for nearly half of a year, and they're still selling instruments in the store despite not fixing the issue.

@"Mulfia.5120" I feel you, I have been keeping track of the issue since November, it felt really hard on me... I'm at a point I barely even log on to just chat with a few friends, get my daily login, finishing the "new" content as soon as I can, and just moving to others games... because playing music in-game was what was appealing to me.

Right now it's only a wait and see, crossing fingers for War Eternal by the end of the month, hopefully...

• 3 weeks later...

@VDAC.2137 said:Have the bugs been fixed? I was inspired to buy a bass last night after hearing a player’s awesome rendition of “The Rains of Castomere” :) I haven’t yet started playing with it myself.

It have not been from what I know.

@VDAC.2137 said:@WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 what guild are you in and what do you do?I have recently joined [MGT] otherwise I have a side more personnal guild [CLEF].

Update: With the newest Ping issues, Octave Swap is even more incontrollable now. I dunno if they attempted a hidden fix that just backfired or something, because changed in the opposite way. Swapping is just too fast if you play a fast song. The new issue can occurs after a 3 Notes (Keys) Test.

@WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 said:Update: With the newest Ping issues, Octave Swap is even more incontrollable now. I dunno if they attempted a hidden fix that just backfired or something, because changed in the opposite way. Swapping is just too fast if you play a fast song. The new issue can occurs after a 3 Notes (Keys) Test.

That sucks! :( I hope they fix the issue and also add the ability to play all half steps!

May I contact you in-game about joining [MGT] or would you mind sending me a note to let me know whom I should contact? :)

@VDAC.2137 said:May I contact you in-game about joining [MGT] or would you mind sending me a note to let me know whom I should contact? :)

I am just a Trainee at this point in time, I think we are all located in NA. Normally we hang around DR. so visit when you can around the evening. Play around a bit with an instruments. Someone might come to you, or you could always ask [TINY] if they have any contacts.

@WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 said:Update: With the newest Ping issues, Octave Swap is even more incontrollable now. I dunno if they attempted a hidden fix that just backfired or something, because changed in the opposite way. Swapping is just too fast if you play a fast song. The new issue can occurs after a 3 Notes (Keys) Test.

Can you reproduce the problem or tell me how I can reproduce it? I am working on a temporary fix for scripts but it is hard if there is no consistent problem

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Sorry guys, was awfully ill for the last few weeks... (Still am, but making an update).

Bad News: Ticket exchange resulted no fruition, they cannot contact devs to make sure the bug have been registered;We only can trust that the Community Managers actually did shared the bug to the Audio Team AS STATED in April.Now we are crossing fingers; there is NOTHING else we can do, only wait thumb twindling until a fix is made.

• 2 weeks later...