[E-Spec Suggestion] Magi-tech (Proof of concept)

Phyrak.7260

Hey there,

This is more or less a proof of concept - not fully fleshed out but I'm willing to take suggestions for abilities, traits and skills.

Name:Magi-tech

Theme:Mech warfare/mobile mobile battle platform.

Asura and Charr tech combined in the shape of various beasts drawing energy from the layline cores embedded in the heart of the machine.

Mechanic:Gain mech of choice bound to F5. Each mech has its own F1-4.Mechs also grant increased movement speed while mounted (swiftness to Super speed depending on balance) and have abilities similar to their living counterparts, though not as powerful due to increased weight of mechanical parts and inbuilt weaponry.

Trade off:While on foot, lose access to tool belt skills - mech skills are strong but have a lengthy cool down for their use (thematically an engine cooling down).

Utilities:Unlike other E-specs, the Magi-Tech doesn't gain any new skills.Rather kits have been enhanced to the point power (only one kit in use at a time/no kit juggling as a balance/trade off for power).The kits gain further strength when used on a mech as a weapon platform.Kits upgrades gain increased range, added damage or conditions or even outgoing boons passively depending on the kit and associated traits. (A few ideas - feel free to add)

• flamethrower upgraded to a gatling gun
  • grenades/bomb upgraded to a rocket launcher (first mate Horrik and his rocket launcher/cannon)
  • mortar upgraded to a gauss cannon/auto cannon (single shot terror)
  • tool kit upgraded to a transforming weapon (similar to switch axe/charge blade) depending on the skill used
  • med upgraded to needle rifle (think TF2 medic weapons)

Mounts:Used similar to normal mounts, sitting in or with a cockpit on a pivot.While mounted, the kits apply to the mech (think zoids) with weapons applied to the sides of the jaw, shoulders, back or on the cockpit as means of increased range/movement of the weapon.For all intents and purposes I'll use zoids/ as the aesthetic inspiration to match gameplay and mirror the roles along with the respective abilities of the original mount. Feel free to suggest more mechs based on the mounts we have these are just some basic thoughts.

Golem - (battle tech) Timber Wolf. Kits attach to arms/shoulder depending on how the kit functions.Alpha strike => fire all offensive (1-5) skills - gain chill for a few seconds as the engine over exerted itself.

Raptor - Rev Raptor: aggressiveBlack hole spin/inversion => pull/push enemies with the power of ley energy

Jackal - Command Wolf: agilePhase => blink to a chosen positionShield => gain barrier and protection for a short time

Thank you for reading,

Please feel free to suggest traits, skills and ways to keep this spec balanced

-Phyrak

@Lightsbane.9012 said:i like it, but i do think you'd need to include some weapon skills. i'd give Engineer longbow since they have no true long range weapon.

Thank you :)

I'm giving it a rewrite at the moment - sorta making the mechs a little more purposeful

Thank you for your idea about the bowI'll put some thought to it

@Phyrak.7260 said:

@Silinsar.6298 said:Sorry to be nit-picky, but this is a concept, not a proof of concept :)

S'all good :)To my understanding is that proof of concept is the bones of it :smile:

What are your thoughts on it?

A proof of concept requires some testing of that concept, to create evidence that it works or can work when fully implemented. In case of a new spec that would at least require prototyping of some skills (e.g. the new class mechanic) within the game. What you're presenting is a theory-crafted (with little detail, that'd flashing out how exactly each single thing in the spec works) idea, which is nice and can spark inspiration, but in no way it proofs the viability of the concept.

@Silinsar.6298 said:

@Silinsar.6298 said:Sorry to be nit-picky, but this is a concept, not a proof of concept :)

S'all good :)To my understanding is that proof of concept is the bones of it :smile:

What are your thoughts on it?

A proof of concept requires some testing of that concept, to create evidence that it works or can work when fully implemented. In case of a new spec that would at least require prototyping of some skills (e.g. the new class mechanic) within the game. What you're presenting is a theory-crafted (with little detail, that'd flashing out how exactly each single thing in the spec works) idea, which is nice and can spark inspiration, but in no way it proofs the viability of the concept.

Thank you for the clarification :)