Why do you hate scribes?

Dragon hologram generator requires:30 deldrimor steel ingots30 xunlai ingots100 jorbreakers

I'm not even going to attempt to calculate how much that costs.

I get that it's a major decoration and is meant to be a guild effort, but how many guilds ACTUALLY contribute that much to decorations or the scribes?

Decorations and scribing is and pretty much always has been mostly the passion of a select few people within a guild, and for smaller guilds that don't have that many people a decoration like this is just so far beyond reasonable that it's insulting.

Obviously you don't want 20 of these sitting around in a guild hall, but then keep the costs at a reasonable level and then limit the decoration of this per guild to 1.

I can understand the fractal relic cost of the mist console even though I don't necessarily like it due to me being the only dedicated scribe in all three of my guilds because it has so much use, but for something like this?

Why keep making decorations with these insane costs when only a fraction of your playerbase is even interested in something like this, especially when it falls on a few individuals that are actually interested, ESPECIALLY when it's such an insane cost that it's only reasonable for massive guilds full of extremely active players that are extremely generous with donations?

Yeah, then you remember you can literally have over a hundred people contribute towards it and it becomes less insane. Scribing is one of the most visible situations of "a few carry the many", but that doesn't mean nobody is ever contributing to it. The decoration is insane, it's not supposed to be something you throw 20 out of.

@Blocki.4931 said:Yeah, then you remember you can literally have over a hundred people contribute towards it and it becomes less insane.It's still insane. Not the cost per se, but exactly the fact that scribe is not a guild-wide system, but a single-player crafting profession. That's a complete failure of design.

It should have been a guildhall subsystem utilizing some sort of guild bank material storage, not an individual crafting profession using personal mats.

While very tedious, it's simple and straight forward. It is time consuming and lots of click along with some quick math sprinkled in if your doing a lot of scribing at once and don't want to keep running back and forth between windows of the tp and bank and crafting menus. There are those ups and downs but all said and done, still better then what I've seen in a lot of other places.

Maybe 'saving' templates of items you've done once so you don't have to go through each layer when doing something and just hit the final version to craft and as long as you have all the mats for the other parts in your inventory it auto builds those to make the final product. That'd be nice.

I've always stuck by Scribes should have been tied to the guild and not a player. It's something the guild should have been able to built up its level and then forever had it so they could assign it to a player(s) to build stuff. Just like when you give a guild member a rank in the guild and you set that ranks privileges on what they can and can't do with your Hall or start missions etc.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Yeah, then you remember you can literally have over a hundred people contribute towards it and it becomes less insane.It's still insane. Not the cost per se, but exactly the fact that scribe is not a guild-wide system, but a single-player crafting profession. That's a complete failure of design.

It should have been a guildhall subsystem utilizing some sort of guild bank material storage, not an individual crafting profession using personal mats.

A lot of materials are actually stored in the guild material storage. Other things that are also used for solo crafting or solo use are not. But almost everything else is.

The fact that only the persons who leveled scribe can produce them doesn't make it a failure. Also you can craft Sigils and consumables that no other profession can craft so you need to use your own materials anyway.

@Astralporing.1957 said:It's still insane. Not the cost per se, but exactly the fact that scribe is not a guild-wide system, but a single-player crafting profession. That's a complete failure of design.

This is true. It shouldn't have been a crafting discipline, instead the scribe NPC in the guildhall should have been a craftsman that the Guild Officers talk to in order to craft these additions. It would have made more sense too (not that that's important) rather than having a scribe who is also a carpenter/stonemason/metalworker/gardener/seamstress and so on.

The buffs and other personal items that a scribe can craft should have been spread out among the other existing crafting disciplines.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

A lot of materials are actually stored in the guild material storage.Those for guild upgrades are, but scribing does
not
use any of those. It only checks
personal
storage.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Dragon hologram generator requires:30 deldrimor steel ingots30 xunlai ingots100 jorbreakers

I'm not even going to attempt to calculate how much that costs.

I get that it's a major decoration and is meant to be a guild effort, but how many guilds ACTUALLY contribute that much to decorations or the scribes?

Decorations and scribing is and pretty much always has been mostly the passion of a select few people within a guild, and for smaller guilds that don't have that many people a decoration like this is just so far beyond reasonable that it's insulting.

Obviously you don't want 20 of these sitting around in a guild hall, but then keep the costs at a reasonable level and then limit the decoration of this per guild to 1.

I can understand the fractal relic cost of the mist console even though I don't necessarily like it due to me being the only dedicated scribe in all three of my guilds because it has so much use, but for something like this?

Why keep making decorations with these insane costs when only a fraction of your playerbase is even interested in something like this, especially when it falls on a few individuals that are actually interested, ESPECIALLY when it's such an insane cost that it's only reasonable for massive guilds full of extremely active players that are extremely generous with donations?

You answered your own question with the second and third sentence in your post:"> I get that it's a major decoration and is meant to be a guild effort, but how many guilds ACTUALLY contribute that much to decorations or the scribes?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

A lot of materials are actually stored in the guild material storage.Those for guild upgrades are, but scribing does
not
personal
storage.

Boss trophies are not used in guild upgrades and are still stored there.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

not
personal
storage.

Boss trophies are not used in guild upgrades and are still stored there.Only because they themselves are decorations. Although you do have a point - decoration upgrades do use decoration storage for components that are lower-tier decorations. Other mats (even pure scribing-only subcomponents) still come from personal storage only, however.I guess it's another inconsistency in the scribing design.