The best profession in PVP

Mason.2685

Hi everyone!Just I am wondering what is the best profession in PVP you think in the moment.I haven't played GW2 in a wile so I would like to get a research with your opinions.I know this is hard to figure out because people have different play styles and thoughts. As my play style, I have played many professions in PVP, however, I still prefer to play condition Mesmer even though the profession has got many nerfs recently.I hope you to give me your list of profession rankings in your opinion and 'PLEASE' let's not make an argument.

@Eurantien.4632 said:Condi mirage is also S tier.

Like a year ago. Now it is barely a C.

@Mason.2685 said:Hi everyone!Just I am wondering what is the best profession in PVP you think in the moment.I haven't played GW2 in a wile so I would like to get a research with your opinions.I know this is hard to figure out because people have different play styles and thoughts. As my play style, I have played many professions in PVP, however, I still prefer to play condition Mesmer even though the profession has got many nerfs recently.I hope you to give me your list of profession rankings in your opinion and 'PLEASE' let's not make an argument.

Generally:

S Tier: Fire Brand Support, Holo and Spell BreakerA Tier: Soul Beast, scourge, scrapper, heraldB Tier: core thief, reaper, weaver

If your aim is to rank high in ranked (beyond 1650 rating) or play Arranged Teams, you definitely should stick to on of the above. If not, play what you like as long as it is not renegade or any condi build not mirage, scourge or Fire Brand.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Thief.

Hands the eff down.

NO doubt.

Why?

So fast. Infinite evades, infinite stealth, infinite teleports.

Really large health pool, and they hit like a hurricane on top of that.

Literally, a hurricane.

The skill is called daggerSTORM.

Hurricane = storm

This^10k auto sword attacks- ez peezy

Dun forget the ReAllyLargeHeAlThPoooooL

@Alatar.7364 said:

Hands the eff down.

NO doubt.

Why?

Literally, a hurricane.

Hurricane = storm

I play my thief without armor for top edgyness so I only have scrapper level sustain.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Hands the eff down.

NO doubt.

Why?

Literally, a hurricane.

Hurricane = storm

I play my thief without armor for top edgyness so I only have scrapper level sustain.

Oh ye, must be the Infinite Stealth or Infinite dodges that Thief has access to at all times at all builds and is super viable.

Holo is top too dominant too much damage nice cc and I never see them overheat plus they are too good at escaping with low health and also shrink elixr stomping

I'm also seeing a lot of strong scourges lately they are def a growing threat

Scrapper is good in the right team formula otherwise they can be mid useless

Thief is also feeling too strong it takes too long to get a hit in and when you can dmg they are gone cause of mobility

@Ryan.9387 said:Considering carry potential and multi role flexibility.

S - Holo, RevA - Scrapper, Symbol Firebrand, SoulbeastB - Spelbreaker, Guardian, Thief, Weaver, Mirage, Chrono, Scourge, Reaper

I would say

S : Holo, Rev, FB Heal, Scourge, Mantra mesmerA : Scrapper, Reaper, Soulbeast, Spellbreaker, Condi Mirage, ThiefB : Weaver, Chrono, Berserker, Druid

@ParadoX.3124 said:

@Ryan.9387 said:Considering carry potential and multi role flexibility.

S - Holo, RevA - Scrapper, Symbol Firebrand, SoulbeastB - Spelbreaker, Guardian, Thief, Weaver, Mirage, Chrono, Scourge, Reaper

I would say

S : Holo, Rev, FB Heal, Scourge, Mantra mesmerA : Scrapper, Reaper, Soulbeast, Spellbreaker, Condi Mirage, ThiefB : Weaver, Chrono, Berserker, Druid

The problem with your FB / scourge is that in ranked, you are a hostage to your team. You don't have the flexibility to take over a role your teamates are failing at.

If you are heal fb and your team doesn't do any damage? You lose.

If you are scourge and your team can't win side nodes? You lose.

However a holo for instance can abandon teamfights and can push the side nodes to take over the failing role. They are strong in any fight.

A rev can quickly move between fights to save losing matchups faster than every class but theif.

Mesmer (power) is just a worse rev. Condi is just a reaction to people dropping condi clear in a power meta.

@otto.5684 said:

@Mason.2685 said:Hi everyone!Just I am wondering what is the best profession in PVP you think in the moment.I haven't played GW2 in a wile so I would like to get a research with your opinions.I know this is hard to figure out because people have different play styles and thoughts. As my play style, I have played many professions in PVP, however, I still prefer to play condition Mesmer even though the profession has got many nerfs recently.I hope you to give me your list of profession rankings in your opinion and 'PLEASE' let's not make an argument.

Generally:

S Tier: Fire Brand Support, Holo and Spell BreakerA Tier: Soul Beast, scourge, scrapper, heraldB Tier: core thief, reaper, weaver

If your aim is to rank high in ranked (beyond 1650 rating) or play Arranged Teams, you definitely should stick to on of the above. If not, play what you like as long as it is not renegade or any condi build not mirage, scourge or Fire Brand.

You haven’t played PvP in a while, have you? Condi Mirage is S tier for sure. Spell Breaker however, isn’t. At most A tier but hardly even that. Just watch some ATs and you will get a clear picture of what classes are strong at the moment.

@ZeroTheCat.2684 said:

Generally:

You haven’t played PvP in a while, have you? Condi Mirage is S tier for sure. Spell Breaker however, isn’t. At most A tier but hardly even that. Just watch some ATs and you will get a clear picture of what classes are strong at the moment.

And what you managed to take away from watching tournaments........ is that Spellbreaker isn't a top-tier choice? When it's been a staple feature of the majority of teams since PoF released?

wut?

@ZeroTheCat.2684 said:

Generally:

I was like something does not look right. Then I realized you main warrior. And now SB is underperforming and Mesmer is S tier. Ya buddy. There is not a single Mesmer over 1700 rating. Also, there was a discussion regarding AT in the last 3-4 weeks. And they mentioned that there was Mesmer had the least presentation since Feb and no team won had a Mesmer.

@otto.5684 said:

Generally:

I was like something does not look right. Then I realized you main warrior. And now SB is underperforming and Mesmer is S tier. Ya buddy. There is not a single Mesmer over 1700 rating. Also, there was a discussion regarding AT in the last 3-4 weeks. And they mentioned that there was Mesmer had the least presentation since Feb and no team won had a Mesmer.

did Incisorr stop playing mes? I see he is 1725 atm.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Generally:

There were at least 2 in top20 on EU last season. Mesmer is not dominant currently and lacking compared to the meta builds, but it is still A-Tier.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

Generally:

There were at least 2 in top20 on EU last season. Mesmer is not dominant currently and lacking compared to the meta builds, but it is still A-Tier.What does it prove?More over its interrupt cmirage + chaos interrupt/LT bunker, both builds are noobcarry builds. Do you see something common on both builds?Other than that...where is any other viable builds?If we would look at class representation FB/scourge/rev/holo should have been destroyed with nerfs loooooooooong ago.